Lattice Semiconductor Reviews

1. Great Company

Current Employee - Engineer in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Engineer in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Lattice Semiconductor

Pros

Fast Pace learning and get to work with the great great minds of the FPGA industry.

Cons

It could become overwhelming very fast if you do ot keep up.

Advice to Management

Not that I can think of...

Jan 20, 2015 – HR Team Member

Thank you for taking the time to write this encouraging review. We are glad to hear you enjoy the Lattice work environment as well as working with our talented, and collaborative team. Lattice is a ... More

2. Working at Lattice had many of the challenges and hurdles of working at a start-up without the risk of the rewards.

Former Employee - Staff Design Engineer in Bethlehem, PA
    Former Employee - Staff Design Engineer in Bethlehem, PA

I worked at Lattice Semiconductor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The technical work was very interesting. I had opportunities to work in IC design and verification, I contributed to projects for the Apps group and worked closely with the software and hardware validation teams. You definitely get a feeling of ownership for the project.

Cons

During my six years at there they had five different CEOs. Since then they've had the same CEO for three years, but still have a high turnover rate for senior managers.

Dec 15, 2014 – HR Team Member

We are excited to hear that you had technically interesting work. You taking ownership of a project is exactly the type of skills we want in the environment that we are building at Lattice. With our ... More

Good People

Former Employee - Senior Management in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Senior Management in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Lattice Semiconductor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great engineers work at Lattice and they are very dedicated.

Cons

The company could be more successful by investing in their people. They need a more engaging leadership team that focuses on making their employees successful, not just themselves.

Advice to Management

Your professional success is due to your people, show them that you value them.

Dec 15, 2014 – HR Team Member

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It sounds like you have had an opportunity to work with smart and dedicated Lattice team members. We are listening to our employees and have rolled ... More

5. Solid company in Oregon, the valley site has a lack of consistency

Current Employee - Principal Design Eng in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Principal Design Eng in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Lattice Semiconductor full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Innovation, success driven, profitable. Leading edge, small company environment where a engineer can ware many hats and have an impact on the bottom line.

Cons

Multi-site barriers exist, with strange angles of structure, where the knowledge base can be thin. Focus on key objectives can be under whelming.

Advice to Management

Go where X and A do not exist, innovate. Create the Start Up small group approach, and empower to succeed.

Dec 15, 2014 – HR Team Member

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate the advice to management as well. This is a great platform for us to know how we need to improve and what we are doing right. Thank you!

6. No confidence in an ever-changing management.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Lattice Semiconductor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are good and the facilities are very well maintained.

Cons

There were many cliques. It was difficult to have a clear vision when the management structure changed at least twice per year. Human resources was downsized, then they brought in a new employee? Worked an excessive amount with very little recognition.

Advice to Management

Sending jobs offshore has had a detrimental effect on the ability to react quickly. The efficiency of the staff did not meet expectations. No opportunities for professional training due to workload.

Dec 15, 2014 – HR Team Member

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our company. Lattice prides itself on having a competitive benefits package and a positive work environment for our team. Transforming the company ... More

7. Very unstable workplace, great people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Lattice Semiconductor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some really great people that work for Lattice. It is a very tight community, and there are a lot of opportunities to learn and travel.

Cons

They have sent many jobs overseas. Management turnover is very high. It seemed like every quarter there were layoffs and it was very unstable and stressful. Darin (the CEO) had pretty much replaced every high level manager with someone else, many of whom he was buddies with from different companies. It really gave a message that it was more important who you were friends with versus how hard you worked. It's also not a great place to work as a female...

Dec 15, 2014 – HR Team Member

We are glad your time here was spent in friendly environment and had the opportunity to learn and travel! We strive to build a strong, supportive, and exciting workplace for all of its employees. At ... More

8. Software Engineer

I have been working at Lattice Semiconductor full-time

Pros

enjoy working with my team members

Cons

expect more things to be learned

Dec 15, 2014 – HR Team Member

We are happy to hear you enjoy your team. Keeping a positive company culture that encourages growth and development is one of our main goals. We truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know ... More

9. Excellent work place

Current Employee - Design Engineering Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Design Engineering Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Lattice Semiconductor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very transperent management. There is energy at this place, no overheads in the team. Priorities are clear and everyone in the team counts.

Cons

Company does not always work on cutting edge technologies. Budgets are closely monitored to avoid any overheads, making it tight on resources sometimes.

Advice to Management

Tries to be as transperent as possible

Dec 15, 2014 – HR Team Member

We pride ourselves on building a culture of transparency that enables all employees to drive our growth and success, and are glad that you recognize that. As Lattice continues to grow we are ... More

10. Fun at Laatice

Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Lattice Semiconductor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Field technical people are some of the best in the world, especially in the European theater. The people that directly support that effort are all fun to work with and have top notch credentials to do so.

Cons

Darrin Billerbreck (new CEO) is under direction of a mostly Intel schooled board to move all support services (even technical) offshore. Shrinking the company to 1/3 its former size. No one is safe from such cuts. Those remaining spend a lot of time helping replacements function.

Advice to Management

Find a way to keep morale from going any lower. Someone has to point out "The emperor has no clothes on" to the business community.

11. Director

I worked at Lattice Semiconductor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small Company Environment, people working for long time

Cons

Limited budget to Compete with large competitors and technology node behind

Advice to Management

Focus, Execute, Move Management Closer to Customer. Sitting in remote palace.

RSS Feed </> Embed