Laughlin/Constable

Laughlin/Constable Reviews

Updated Mar 28, 2014

Steven Laughlin

Great Company to Intern For

ProsWonderful co-workers who are always willing to help.

ConsLittle room to advance or grow.

Started off great but beware of job security.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are a lot of fun to interact with and were all very creative.

ConsLack of direction and structure. Also they will let you go without notice at any time. Also if you make one mistake that is it you are done.....

Advice to Senior ManagementStop playing favorites and try to become more structured.

Family friendly, fun place to work!

Development Liaison (Current Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsEveryone understands when you have a sick child and have to work from home.
    Staff is positive and outgoing.
    At previous employers I felt like I was always the one going above and beyond and others had poor work ethics. At Laughlin everyone has a great work ethic and it is an infectious place to be!

ConsWhen there is no work from clients, cuts can be made. This can be avoided by working hard, being positive and getting involved in many things at Laughlin. The more involved you are with projects the more fun it is anyway!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place to work hard, have fun and learn the ins + outs of advertising.

Junior Content Specialist (Current Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsPositive work environment, great leadership, freedom to work how you work best (work from home, work from Starbucks, just do good work!). The company culture is hardworking yet relaxed in the office. There is a great "agency" feel to working at LC. You work with extremely talented and dedicated people who are eager to teach and encourage people who are new to the advertising world.

ConsHonestly, there aren't many cons to working at Laughlin Constable. The one thing that surprised me was no corporate gym membership for employees. Especially since there are so many great gyms downtown and they are committed to employee wellness in the office. However, this is a very small con. Overall, there is little to complain about working at LC!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing! They do a great job of making new employees feel welcome. I have never been afraid to approach anyone in the company and ask questions. The learning culture at LC is great, and I hope it continues!

Amazing place to work!

Operations (Current Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsLC is one of the best places I have ever worked. The flexible scheduling and the family friendly schedule is awesome. Also love early dismissal and the summer hours. LC does a lot for their employees including summer parties and holiday parties. Co-workers are friendly and helpful.

ConsWish they had a parking lot, but that's downtown for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Great people amidst poor management

Writer (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsPositive work environment, talented people

ConsPoor management, low compensation for entry level employees

Great internship experience

Intern (Former Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsFriendly staff, learned a lot of the advertising and marketing and how it works with coding and the technical side.

ConsSmaller company, some people may not like that.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open about everything. They're all very knowledgeable and will help you.

Love the people I work with and the projects I manage!

Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

Pros- Co-workers are fun to work with and help each other out
    - Love the work hard, play harder atmosphere
    - There is flexibility to work from home and take time off for family
    - Management's doors are always open, willing to negotiate and help proactive employees advance

Cons- Parking is expensive
    - Business is growing faster than they can hire so it can be a little busy at times

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to support your employees and make the workplace fun!

A great work/family balance that I haven't had anywhere else

Interactive/Digital (Current Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsThe reason I wanted to work here is because of the family-friendliness. I love that I can have a career and a family and never feel like one outweighs the other. Plus I have a family-friendly schedule, so I can stay home one day/week with my family.

I've always felt recognized for what I do to help the business and feel my coworkers are more positive and helpful than other places that I've worked.

Great hours and I love the summer hours and early dismissal days.

I've never had the 'yuck' feeling of coming to work in the morning. I enjoy what I do, where I am and who I'm with.

ConsThings change quickly in this industry, so sometimes the work that I do can becomes obsolete quickly. For instance, there could be a rush to start and complete a project. Within 2 days the client changes their mind and now 2 days of work doesn't matter anymore.

It would be nice if the company would either pay for parking or gym memberships.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo help us all feel part of Laughlin Constable, be sure to keep the communication open with all of the employees.

Hard work and dedication did not pay off.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFamily time off
    Benefit package

ConsMeanless reviews
    Few raises
    Lots of extra work

Advice to Senior ManagementEverything comes back around so be honest upfront!

Worked for Laughlin/Constable? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Laughlin/Constable reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Laughlin/Constable CEO Steven Laughlin. All 17 reviews posted anonymously by Laughlin/Constable employees.