Laura Ashley Reviews

1.7
Ng Kwan Cheong

1. Good part time job while

I worked at Laura Ashley

Pros

- Good team and fun work - Well established company

Cons

- a little bit unorganized

2. Sale Assistant

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Taunton, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Taunton, England (UK)

I worked at Laura Ashley part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team!! good staff discount at 40%, nice environment to work in, staff uniform allowance is very good

Cons

Pay is shocking for such a well known company, higher management are not great, they don't seem to like you getting above your station (progressing) costumer services are awful, sometimes your better as a costumer with their discount.

crap management and rip-off business practices

Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Cardiff, Wales (UK)
    Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I have been working at Laura Ashley

Pros

Colleagues OK. Learnt some new skills

Cons

customers. Low pay. Slave driving management. Bad market positioning.

Advice to Management

Raise product quality and stop wasting money on vanity projects.

5. No leadership, low salaries

I worked at Laura Ashley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free coffee is a perk I'm led to believe

Cons

Salaries, lack of leadership and development (Fashion particularly)

Advice to Management

Do as you've always done and you will only get what you've always got. It's time to move on and let some new blood through with fresh ideas

6. Sofas not fit for their purpose

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Laura Ashley

Pros

Prices getting cheaper each year due to decline in quality

Cons

We ordered 3 sofas from Laura Ashley Bury St Edmunds all with the same seat filling. The sofas are different sizes of the same range but the larger one had a different fabric from the 2 smaller sofas. The two smaller sofas are useless as they are absolutely uncomfortable due to the backing on the fabric being airtight. This means that no air can escape the seats and they are like bricks to sit on. The inspector from Laura Ashley totally agreed with us and put in his report but Head Office are just not interested. This is a disgraceful way to treat customers who have spent many thousands of pounds with LA over the years. We will not be buying anything further from them.

Advice to Management

Look after your customers better

7. Good

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Basingstoke, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Basingstoke, England (UK)

I worked at Laura Ashley full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lovely products great customers great locations

Cons

Low wage old fashioned in there outlook

Advice to Management

Talk more to colleagues

8. Laura Ashley - sadly i dont recomend working there

Former Employee - Management in Melbourne (Australia)
    Former Employee - Management in Melbourne (Australia)

I worked at Laura Ashley

Pros

I always wanted to work for Laura Ashley as i have always loved everything that is Laura Ashley and i have been a loyal customer as well.

Cons

The management are very mean and degrading to ground floor staff, watching over you and tell you that you are not good enough, you should know more and reduce staff to tears. Dont complain about bullying in the work place as they will just fire you........ Low pay, no breaks, no covers and they dont pay the casual staff for months? i will not be returning to purchase again

Advice to Management

i know you dont care as you only think of your self but bullying is a massive issue, people take their life over it and you are allowing this........ Shame on you. im so disappointed that i took the job

9. Hated my manager

I worked at Laura Ashley part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Anyone that is not in a managerial role is absolutely lovely! That is all.

Cons

My manager was a horrible person, she was the worst kind of bully that would use her position of power to be mean at every opportunity to the people working beneath her. She would intimidate us and shouted at one of the other girls in front of a customer, but she would turn around and expect us to tell her shes a nice person, no one was ever honest to her face. She would expect you to automatically know how to complete a task without any instruction and proceed to watch you while you struggled before telling you thats not how you do it. She was also really bad at organising the rotas, being on an 8hr contract over 2 days then getting 30+hrs over 5 or more days seems a little demanding to say the least, while some days we would have almost everyone in then other days we might not have anyone arranged!! The high pressure on us to make targets like the design referrals and mastercard openings was unimaginable and so completely pointless. We also had to sell tat at premium prices and it was down to us to take a lot of the heat when customers didn't get what they wanted, or when there service from another department was bellow standard. Breaks are appalling too! And due to the weird policies on who can give refunds, if there was only one person available to do returns that all day, then they would have to stay on the shop floor without a break!

Advice to Management

Do better! You're not going to achieve these targets, that much should be obvious by now, in some places the market is saturated for mastercards, we could go a whole weekend with everyone saying they already had one! Instead of putting such pressure on the stores, you should be lowering expectations and increasing the reasons for someone to open one because 10% off and whatnot, is not a big deal, not even slightly. Put a better returns policy in places, it's inhumane what some of your staff have to put up with. And you should improve the quality of products (although thats never going to happen) or lower the prices (lets be honest neither is this) Your moto of "For The Way You Live" Is all nonsense and lies it's all for the way YOU at the top live, to keep your swanky mansions by cutting corners.

Enjoyed the conversations with customer. Didn't enjoy the management

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Laura Ashley part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Interesting customers - Beautiful products

Cons

- Terrible working conditions (breaks for staff were ignored if busy) - Pay was awful. - Staff discount wasn't great. They found ways to exclude anything worth while from being available to staff. - Lack of promotion

Advice to Management

- Pay your staff more. - Value their experience and skills. You can't teach that to a 16 year old in 2 weeks. They may be cheaper to pay but they don't do the job nearly aswell. - Get management to pitch in when it is busy. Them sitting in the office while staff are run raged completely demotivated the staff.

Owners should be ashamed of your company staff reviews

Former Employee - Showroom Manager
    Former Employee - Showroom Manager

I worked at Laura Ashley

Pros

I worked for Laura Ashley for over 13 years back in the day when the Laura Ashley family were involved gone down hill ever since!!

Cons

Nothing I can see from the recent staff reviews

Advice to Management

I worked for Laura Ashley for over 13 years back in the day when the Laura Ashley family were involved Its so disappointing to see from the staff reviews, that this company who originally valued & treated staff well & paid well, have ended up here, the owners on Laura Ashley should be ashamed of the reviews and do something to address these concerns over staff morale, including the quality and customer experience, it appears you don't give a dam & continue to milk the name Laura Ashley,she would be turning in her grave....

RSS Feed </> Embed