Laurel Regional Hospital

Employment Status

Reset
3.3
CEO

1. As a clinical pharmacist at LRH, I enjoy the daily challenges in the review of the clinical appropriateness of therapie

Current Contractor - Clinical Pharmacy in Laurel, MD
    Current Contractor - Clinical Pharmacy in Laurel, MD

I have been working at Laurel Regional Hospital as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

The interactions with associates and customers as I respond to questions, requests and needs and the urgency with these expectations that make me continually fully engaged as I multi-task every expectation into my daily routine responsibilites.

Cons

While staffing issues come up sometimes, my experience in IV compounding gives me the chance to gown up and provide this aspect in pharmacy operations even when the absence has been on short notice.

Advice to Management

It is always helpful to anticipate issues, such as drug shortages or extra hours needed for coverage and provide solutions before there is need for the solutions.

2. ok place to work

Current Employee - Clinical Nurse in Laurel, MD
    Current Employee - Clinical Nurse in Laurel, MD

Pros

opportunity to work with little oversight

Cons

little opportunity for growth, union environment

Advice to Management

get rid of union

3. Different opportunty

Current Employee - Environmental Technician II in Laurel, MD
    Current Employee - Environmental Technician II in Laurel, MD

I have been working at Laurel Regional Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay,leave a paprer trail of eveything you do.

Cons

Germs everywhere,Not clean,dirty,mold rust you will get sick working here

Advice to Management

Poor managment

5. Low standards of Care; Corrupt from the top down

Current Employee - Clinical Nurse
    Current Employee - Clinical Nurse

I have been working at Laurel Regional Hospital part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the employees are dedicated, smart and go above and beyond the call of duty

Cons

Some incompetent physicians work here and there are low standards of care; Laurel cares more about profits than it does about weeding out incompetent MD's

Advice to Management

When you have consistent evidence of a substandard physician, no matter how many patients s/he brings in----discipline the doctor that is hurting patients, safety is more important than profits

RSS Feed </> Embed