Lavante Reviews

Updated May 5, 2014
Updated May 5, 2014
3.3

Sam Klepper

Good people, mixed pros and cons

I have been working at Lavante full-time

Pros

Great people to work with for the most part, was given opportunities to grow and success was rewarded.

Cons

Small startup that seems to be having trouble really taking off. The potential is there, but after several years, still unclear whether they'll succeed or not. Reduced workforce last year place opportunities to grow and job security in question.

work to include Operations more in the overall goals of the company, lack of ownership was sensed in the lower ranks.

Another one bites the dust...

I have been working at Lavante full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Big offices and innovative technologies, no stress.

Cons

Lack of traction and ability to convert the promise of the technology to revenue. Just replaced the CEO, again.

Stop drinking your own kool-aid and accept that you have a slow sales cycle.

Poor operational management.

Former Employee - Audit Specialist  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Audit Specialist in San Jose, CA

I worked at Lavante full-time for more than a year

Pros

Exceptional co-workers are are great to work with, office culture, small birthday celebrations which is nice.

Cons

Operation here is messy and needs a lot of work. Sometimes it's hard to work when there just isn't anything you can do when the clients are leaving. Does not pay well.

Boring work and needs to stop micro managing. Personal growth and career advancement would be beneficial.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast mover psyche

I have been working at Lavante full-time

Pros

Aggressive engagement by senior management to drive sales deals--out of the box approach to enhancing client value, including solution packaging to differentiate and speed up deal flow. Lots of smart people who want to help each other win business. Product is well designed and extremely well received--somebody did their homework in building this solution. Obsessed with deal flow and client sat.

Cons

Need more hiring to match the rapid ramp in business. Growth increasing workload across the board--hectic, tho driving hiring in sales & engineering.

Software Engineer

I worked at Lavante

Pros

Great team members. Very professional friendly environment.

Cons

No set vision or goals.

Innovative Product with Great Leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Lavante full-time for less than a year

Pros

A new, innovative B2B product is solving real problems for real customers with real revenue - this is a somewhat rare thing in Silicon Valley these days. The team is great, with a nice sense of collaboration. The current customer-base is strong and growing with a pipeline of major brand-name firms ready to implement our tools. While client adoption is starting to pick up, the product is still young enough that individuals can really shape the future.

Cons

As with all start-ups road bumps and challenges along the way, Lavante is no different. There is always a pressure to grow the business and be frugal with expenses. The work is rewarding but hard - no slackers here.

Keep the message focused and simple.

Future potential is solid

I have been working at Lavante full-time

Pros

SAAS product offering with the potential for major expansion and business growth, good management vision and strategy with strong silicon valley experience, opportunity for broad cross-functional involvement and interaction.

Cons

High growth potential environment leads to a fast pace that is not for everyone, must be independent thinker as time for collaboration on every issue is not available.

Continue to provide employee base with frequent updates and be sure positive results proportionately affect contributors.

Lavante is Rising and Seems Headed in the Right Direction

I have been working at Lavante full-time

Pros

The company has developed a unique new product that addresses important needs in the market and there is significant demand. The recurring revenue model makes it attractive to investors. People here are dedicated and professional in what they do and there is a chance to contribute immediately and make an impact. The company is bringing in new strong people and seems to be gaining momentum.

Cons

The product that the company was founded upon is experiencing a more competitive marketplace. While it is a valuable product, it forces tough decisions about where to focus given it competes for time and dollars with the new product that isn't fully established, but seems to have unlimited potential.

Make the call on where to focus - old product or new - and go for it. I, for one, say new!

Great team atmosphere and Management Team

I have been working at Lavante full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been at Lavante for a little over a year. The management team is focused on delivering value to our customers as well as committed to the development of the professionals working in the organization. Our new CEO has provided additional insight and value to an already great team.

Cons

As with any startup, the hours can be a bit long, but I expected that when I joined.

I think the management team works well together and communicates across all areas. Keep up the good work!!!!

Company and Services Continue to Move in Upward Motion!

I have been working at Lavante full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The services that Lavante offers are ground-breaking and it is simply a matter of time before SIM (Supplier Information Management) is seen as the go to standard in the Accounting and FInance World.

- Existing and new management group always open to suggestions w/ true open door policy
    - Casual, but professional environment
    - Great location that is reverse commute for most
    - Services offered are cutting edge for industry
    - Very friendly environment with good comraderie

Cons

- Would like more company functions/ events

- Continue to build on strong employee and management core
    - Provide more company events for increased employee morale and welfare
    - Keep sharing company successes and milestones with entire organization
    - Consider establishing an employee appreciation program

Worked for Lavante? Contribute to the Community!