Law Office of Robert B Jobe Reviews

Robert B. Jobe

1. Such a rich experience

Current Employee - Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Law Office of Robert B Jobe full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked full-time for many years in this office, and the work is never boring. Clients' cases are compelling and important and often emotionally challenging and rewarding. The workplace environment is extremely collaborative and supportive. Mr. Jobe is extremely encouraging and interested in growth and job satisfaction among employees -- first-year associates often get to argue before the Ninth Circuit, for example. Every day, some informal or formal case strategy discussion arises that is intellectually challenging and creative. The combined brain power and drive among the staff - attorneys and paralegals alike - is inspiring and uplifting. Mr. Jobe's general approach to immigration law is incisive persistent, and creative. This place is unlike any other and makes a huge difference in the lives of countless clients and their families.

Cons

Staff work very hard, and the work is high-stakes and high-volume. Through it all, staff support each other and laugh a lot.

2. Legal Assistant

Former Employee - Legal Assistant
    Former Employee - Legal Assistant

I worked at Law Office of Robert B Jobe full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a great place to learn all about the immigration field. Jobe really likes to hire paralegals who have little experience but have a desire to learn and a passion for this field. The people here are great and you will never feel afraid to ask anyone questions or get help from anyone.

Cons

It is very high paced and, even though there is training's, it is still a lot of work and you are expected to do a lot of different things and deal with a lot of stressful clients.

3. Friendship, Fullfillment, and Growth!!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Law Office of Robert B Jobe full-time

Pros

The clients served are amazing, and the work done for them makes you happy at the end of each day. Mr. Jobe is not only an incredible boss- the best I have had -but a great friend. He is extremely supportive, caring, and always willing to help you learn and grow, both professionally and personally. I would not want to work for anyone else. I have learned by leaps and bounds during the short time I have worked for the firm. The staff is incredible and amazing to work with.

Cons

The office has many clients, and is very fast-paced. I enjoy that environment, but it is not everyone, and it can be very stressful at times. The key is to stay organized, flexible, and open to direction.

5. High Turnover In Attorney and Staff - Poor Leadership

I worked at Law Office of Robert B Jobe (Less than a year)

Pros

The pros of this firm is the type of work that is done. It's helping people who need it very much and for that I admire Mr. Jobe and his firm.

Cons

Attorney and staff turnover is very high due to the heavy workload put on the employees and the long hours expected from Mr. Jobe. Unfortnately Mr. Jobe's personal troubles (divorce and office romances) get entangled in the firm and things can be messy. Mr. Jobe is very moody and can turn on you on a dime if you don't bow to his every whim.

Advice to Management

There is no true management here.

6. Best Place To Work For.

Former Employee - Legal Assistant/Office Administration in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Legal Assistant/Office Administration in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Law Office of Robert B Jobe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This place is best to work for. Mr. Jobe is a very nice person and employer. He takes cares of his employees. He pays them very well. His staff is very friendly and courteous. They treat you like a family. I have learned many good things from this law firm and gained so much confidence.

Cons

This is the best place to work for. That's all I have to say.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work guys.......Malik

7. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Paralegal in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Law Office of Robert B Jobe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Brilliant, well-humored colleagues. Decent pay for what is essentially public interest work. Work is never boring.

Cons

Not for the faint of heart. Staff members are expected to contribute from day one. Can be somewhat of a sink-or-swim environment.

8. Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Attorney in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Attorney in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Law Office of Robert B Jobe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I joined the Law Office of Robert B. Jobe as an Associate in 2007, and worked for the firm for more than three years. It was an amazing experience in which I learned a lot about both practicing law and working as part of a team. At the Law Office of Robert B. Jobe, you'll have the opportunity to work with many dedicated, talented professionals who genuinely care about their clients. The collegial culture of the firm provides Associates with plenty of opportunities work closely with many talented Attorneys and Paralegals.

Cons

The work load can be heavy at times, and Associates are expected to produce top notch work under hard deadlines. The Law Office is based in the financial district of downtown San Francisco and parking downtown can be a huge hassle.

9. Awesome Place to Work

Current Employee - Paralegal in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Law Office of Robert B Jobe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have held a few jobs during my career, but I have never worked at a firm so dedicated to providing top-notch professional services to its clients. I have been very happy since I have joined this firm. It is a great place to work.

Cons

If you are not motivated by helping others, this may not be the place for you. The associates at the law office truly care about their clients and we all work hard.

10. Amazing Experience

I worked at Law Office of Robert B Jobe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I found The three years I worked at the Law Office of Robert B. Jobe provided to be rewarding in so many ways. First, I felt like the work that I was doing mattered. At this Firm, your work is about helping those who are vulnerable and in greatest need of help. Second, I gained a great deal of actual court room experience which is unusual for a young Associate.

Cons

New Associates are expected to take the bull by the horns and learn the law with very little training. As a consequence, the firm seeks top-notch talent who can excel in such an environment.

11. Wonderful Place To Work For Talented People

I worked at Law Office of Robert B Jobe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This firm offers unique opportunities for young associates to learn, grow and to gain valuable experience. The Attorneys and Paralegals are, in general, extremely talented. Associates at the firm also have the opportunity to work closely with Bob Jobe, who is probably the finest immigration litigator in the country.

Cons

This firm may not be a good fit for those who require lots of hand holding in order to learn the law.

RSS Feed </> Embed