Law Offices of Daniel C. Consuegra

Updated August 29, 2014
Updated August 29, 2014
2.2

Daniel C. Consuegra

Good place if you want to break in to the business.

Current Employee - Legal Assistant  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Legal Assistant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Law Offices of Daniel C. Consuegra full-time for more than a year

Pros

Small bonuses for staff - Christmas bonus was $67.00. This is a foreclosure mill and turn over is high. Your typical corporation where 20% of the people do the work and 80% do very little. Salary is below average for the industry due to lots of employees with no legal experience, but not the worst by any means. There is a lot of "not my job" attitude. There have been several layoffs. There are usually a lot of temporary employees due to layoffs from "restructuring".

Cons

Flex time available to make doctor appointments, etc. 2 weeks of vacation and 6 days of PTO that can be used to cover absences from work. You can come in up to 30 minutes late and it will not be counted against you. Health insurance is average. If you are wanting to break in to the legal field this is a great place for it if you can get into one of the paralegal positions and they will hire you with no experience.

Increase salary and bonuses. Higher people with legal experience. Show your employees you value them. Provide training before an employee is required to use your software systems or interact with a new client.

Great place to work.

Former Employee - Attorney  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Attorney in Tampa, FL

I worked at Law Offices of Daniel C. Consuegra full-time for more than a year

Pros

The firm has wonderful people. I sincerely enjoyed my time with the firm. Provides excellent experience, whether you're an attorney, paralegal, legal assistant, or clerical associate.

Cons

The firm provides competitive pay.

Senior Management Need Direction

Current Employee - Paralegal  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Paralegal in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Law Offices of Daniel C. Consuegra full-time for less than a year

Pros

The training is awesome. The training dept. has 2 people that really shine and make sure we have the tools we need to succeed.

Cons

Pay & inexperienced managers. Mgrs then triggers to the supervisors, team leaders and ultimately staff, creates a ton of emergency clients that could have been prevented if you had more than 2 managers that knew what they were doing.

Partners should not engage in fraternization with front line. Managers should come with prior management experience or if promoted from within get the facts before providing directions. Not having yourselves and attorneys in offices is absurd, people walk up to you all day while on the floor and you call that open door easily accessible what it is it's distracting. Manage your attorneys half of them don't work full days and the other half that do advise incorrectly. Stop allowing HR to control the firm even at a staffing level I can see the overkill of pro employee in that dept. people take advantage and you all turn your heads which makes it tougher for the supervisors. Mix up the culture on the ops level the color has fashion and a pleasant approachable demeanor. Stop allowing all these round tables with ideas that last for a day. Continue with the training team that department has a wealth of knowledge and success rate in implementing new procedures.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unprofessional Foreclosure Mill

I worked at Law Offices of Daniel C. Consuegra full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Steady paycheck and somewhat decent work environment,

Cons

Poor leadership and terrible, invasive intrusive human resources management and policy enforcement..

Develop a plan beyond milking an unethical cash cow. There's more to life than taking people's houses. Perhaps some commitment to charity by the owner would ease the ethical burden.

Love this firm!

Former Employee - Timeline Management  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Timeline Management in Tampa, FL

I worked at Law Offices of Daniel C. Consuegra full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent amount of vacation and paid time off offered.
    30 minute “flex time” which allows a grace period of 30 minutes to arrive before or after your shift so you have no reason to have attendance issues.
    All the supervisors I worked under were amazing, friendly, and had plenty of knowledge to assist when a question or concern was raised.
    Daniel C. Consuegra himself took the time to create fun activites so we all enjoyed work.
    Great salary
    Clean and upbeat firm
    Friendly co workers

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this firm.

Management was great.

Foreclosure mill

I worked at Law Offices of Daniel C. Consuegra full-time for less than a year

Pros

They hire inexperienced people. This is a good opportunity to break into the legal field if you are fortunate enough to last.

Cons

So many. While trying to stay impersonal, the training sounds thorough but is a joke. They teach you everything that is not job specific. When you actually get in the position you were hired for, you realize very little of your training was beneficial. The productivity requirements start immediately so good luck truly learning your job while meeting the requirements. They say there's great advancement opportunities but you have to stay in that position for at least three months prior to getting the pay raise that goes with those advancements. They make sure to move you prior to the three months. Again. Good luck learning your position. Very few of the supervisors are actually supportive. Most of them have bad reputations for a reason. In closing, only take this opportunity if you don't have another one, and keep looking for another job. I ignored the bad reviews and deeply regret it. They are VERY accurate.

Train your supervisors in professionalism and supporting their team.

Hopefully this place is getting better since I left

Former Employee - Timeline Representative  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Timeline Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Law Offices of Daniel C. Consuegra full-time for less than a year

Pros

free occasional hot chocolate, a few nice coworkers, decent pay for the position it is

Cons

small work space area, redundant tasks, very little training if any, manager was not helpful... place was like a dungeon... very cramp and stuffy... they moved to a new building though, which I image is a lot nicer, but they moved after I left the company

Attorneys do not have their own offices (most law firms give their attorneys their own office). They sit at tiny work stations just a tad bit larger than the other staff and sit in the same rows with them.

spend more time training employees on their actual positions. the training was a blur of the entire foreclosure process

Foreclosure Mill

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Brandon, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

I worked at Law Offices of Daniel C. Consuegra full-time

Pros

The benefits are decent. Not much else.

Cons

Too many cons to mention in a review. As another reviewer stated, there is a "that's not my job" mentality at this law firm, which is true. Everyone always seemed stressed, from the legal assistants to the attorneys. Very poor management of the firm, and poor communication on the teams. There always seemed to be a tension between the legal staff and the attorneys. Seems like the bottom line $$/churning out work quickly, is more important than the quality of work. Definitely has clicks, and you do not want to step on the wrong toes. I did see some employees have a tough time because of this. If you are job hunting, you should strongly consider all the reviews on this site before accepting a position here. When I was job hunting I looked at these reviews and figured they were just from generally upset employees, but many of them are very accurate. Another employee I know said it best, "This is the type of place you work at when you don't have other options." The level of unprofessionalism within the various areas/levels of the firm is unfortunate.

Could be a decent law firm to work at if the right people were managing it, and the philosophy of the firm were different (should be quality over quantity of work done). I know this is a foreclosure mill, but maybe management should consider only taking as many cases as the staff can reasonably handle, or increase the staff (properly trained). I saw management issues from top to bottom (partners, attorneys, team leaders, paralegals, legal assistants). The problem is not just the way the firm is managed, but the quality of the people who are managing it. Unfortunately, no advice is going to fix that, and management isn't going to fire itself any time soon.

Foreclosure Mill

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Brandon, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

I worked at Law Offices of Daniel C. Consuegra full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is a paying job.

Cons

There is no loyalty from management

Management Allows Supervisors to Bully and Verbally Abuse Employees....

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Law Offices of Daniel C. Consuegra as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Cannot think of any. Free coffee? Oh yeah,,,, that's pretty bad too..

Cons

This is a drama-filled toxic place to work. Stay away!

When the same complaints have been made about a particular supervisor by several people, don't you think there may be a problem?

Worked for Law Offices of Daniel C. Consuegra? Contribute to the Community!