Lawson Software

Lawson Software Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Lawson Software CEO of Infor Charles Phillips

Charles Phillips

Enjoyed my time working at Lawson. Quality people; quality product.

Business Development Manager (Former Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsThe people were a big part of what made Lawson Software special. There were a lot of very smart people, with solid Midwestern values.

ConsWe were the underdog against larger competitors, but I think that was a unifying force. Also with the consolidation in the industry, many of those competitors are now just Oracle.

Lawson Manila is a nice place to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to work with. You'll learn a lot, with friendly and flat culture. There is travel. There is work-life balance. Aligns with their "Simple is better" motto.

ConsLimited opportunity for career growth esp for mid-level employees

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to improve on providing trainings and opportunities for career growth (technical)

Lawson - Great

Services Director (Former Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsLawson (pre-Infor) was a great company to work for - hard work and results translate into financial reward and additional opportunity. Most people at the company were dedicated hardworking individuals, and always a pleasure to work with.

ConsSome difficult customers and poor customer locations, but that should be expected and not necessarily a negative.

Advice to Senior ManagementShouldn't have sold to Infor! (too late now)

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Should not have been sold to Infor!!!

Support Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsCasual working environment.
    Great place to work if you are in the right group

ConsDeclining Employee Satisfaction. Seems to be only focus on sales and acquiring more companies

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your Employees

From good, to bad, to worse...

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsPrior to the Infor acquisition the company showed commitment to customers and new products.

ConsAfter the Infor acquisition, no commitment beyond serving the most immediate corporate needs, at the expense of customers, innovation and employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. It's a lost cause.

Accounting

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis company purchased my company.

ConsThis company was purchased by another company 6 months after I was laid off.

Gained tremendous experience working with Lawson Software

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsCutting edge technology - flexible work hours - good salary

Conslack promotion possibilities and involvement with clients

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more employees involved with user group opportunities and allow more employees to interact with clients by attending user exchange.

Great place to work, really enjoyed it

Practice Director (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThe people were top notch. I worked with lots of leaders of various sales and services teams that were very strong and great at getting results. The offshore resources were also the best I've worked with in years.

ConsIncentive plan did not effectively motivate the middle masses to better performance. Worked well with top performers, but was not motivating to middle of the road staff and consultants.

Advice to Senior ManagementAfter the acquisition by Infor, I understand the environment changed significantly, no advice at this time.

Good company to work for.

Account Executive (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsVery friendly and cooperative culture.

ConsNot sure how culture will change now that Lawson has been acquired.

Opportunity was over stated - changes

Account Executive (Current Employee) Lake Forest, CA

ProsMany nice co-workers desiring to do a good job for their customers. Reasonably good reputation in certain industry software and services verticals.

ConsUnstable work environment due to Infor acquisition causing turnover. Beware of sales managers who claim better opportunity than historically proven. Ask to speak with other reps to see if they are earning what's presented as OTE for the position.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen employees have to work with managers who are disliked, not respected, it hinders the entire team's performance and causes low morale. Would be good if you survey your employees periodically to make sure this is not an issue. It is on my team, and no one wants to face it.

Worked for Lawson Software? Contribute to the Community!