Layne Christensen

Layne Christensen Reviews

Updated Mar 18, 2014

Layne Christensen President & CEO Rene J. Robichaud

Rene J. Robichaud

I feel welcomed by the employees and excited for my future.

Account Manager (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Layne Christensen full-time for more than a year

ProsLayne Christensen has a fantastic training program for new comers and spends a lot of time and effort preparing them for the market. Although I am new to the industry and company, I feel as though they have my back.

ConsThere are quite a few people in management and sometimes getting a task done can be very tricky due to the number of financial and safety hoops that must be jumped through.

Fluff - 12 years for this?

I have been working at Layne Christensen full-time for more than 10 years

ProsIt's a great place for a manager. High salary...little effort. Overworked and under appreciated staff covering for people making 2 and 3 times their own salary.

ConsOne Layne initiative only covers corporate office. Regional offices do not receive the same benefits; wage freeze for several years now except for the "special" employees. Each year they take more benefits away. Bonuses are now only for the higher levels while the rest of us are trying to figure out what just hit us.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow much longer to you think people will support you if it's not reciprocated?

This is not what I signed up for. I was lied to in theinterview process.

Finance (Current Employee)
The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Layne Christensen full-time

ProsCEO is very nice and comes by to check on you and concerned that some of us work very long hours. Has a great attitude with the Cultures and Values the new CEO has put into place but very difficult to live by them due to arduous work environment in some departments.

ConsUnderstaffed, no work life balance, cheap budgets, no incentive compensation, no gratitude or appreciation for long hours and hard work. No team efforts. No knowledge transfer. Lots of manual processes even though working toward "automation." Old school vs. New school thought process. Many excel files. No mentoring or strong leadership. Lack of organization from the top down. Lack of respect for staff in certain departments. Overall not a great or good work enviornment.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to interview staff at Director and listen to the issues and problems as we are doing the day to day work and what would facilitate a better process. New leadership in place seems decent; however mixed with old school leadership who doesn't like change and very manual processes makes it difficult for change to happen in some departments. It's going to take many more changes and improvements over next 3 to 5 years to make things happen for the greater good of the company but most importantly if you don't improve work life balance for some of the departments that work much overtime, seven days a week, like 15 hour days almost year round ..you will lose staff. However, old school management, needs to upgrade and your way is not always the correct way. Some make simple work very difficult. Needs much process improvement and not get hung up on naming conventions, locations, and formats of files. Need to implement CHANGE and Forward Thinking.

At Layne they had costly processes. This offered great opportunities for impactful improvements.

Accounting Manager (Former Employee)
Mission Woods, KS

I worked at Layne Christensen full-time for more than 3 years

Prossome of the people there were great to work with

Consold building & lack of amenities/perks

10 yr employee...Company doesn't care about its employees..POOR place to work...

Laborer (Current Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Layne Christensen full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGood place to waste your life

Cons#1 Work hard for years and break your back for a company that doesn't give a hoot about its employees. #2 no one has a clue about being on the same page on work ethics to get a job done. #3 management treats you like dirt. #4 Company tries to screw you anyway they can

Advice to Senior ManagementGet off your high horse, stand by your workers and do your job.

Not the best place to work

Field Service Technician (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Layne Christensen full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNice People. Steady work while it lasts.

ConsThey don't tell the truth all the time

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees

Very good place to work, good enviroment.

I have been working at Layne Christensen full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood company. A very nice place with good coworkers and management.

ConsNo training at all. figure everything in your own.

Please figure out Where you are going

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Layne Christensen full-time for more than a year

ProsCompany is located both domestically, and has many potential opportunities to work and travel overseas, if you can figure out which groups to work for.

ConsLayne Lacks divisional leadership, There are many Sr. Managers that are antiquated in their view about business, and leadership. There are many mangers that do not understand the current business environment, and refuse to change.

Advice to Senior ManagementPosses a better understanding of the bushiness you operate in and evaluate mangers better on leadership potential. Many managers are outdated and need to be trained.

Good place to work.

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Dracut, MA

I have been working at Layne Christensen full-time for less than a year

Prosyou will have stability. company provides you better benefits.

Conslesser salary than industry average

Great company to work for, Great employees

Data Entry (Former Employee)
Jackson, MS

I worked at Layne Christensen as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGreat company to work for

ConsWish they could've hired me full time

Advice to Senior ManagementNon

Worked for Layne Christensen? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Layne Christensen reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Layne Christensen CEO Rene J. Robichaud. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by Layne Christensen employees.