Le Petit Papillon Montessori School

Profile Unclaimed

Le Petit Papillon Montessori School Reviews

2.8

Damarys Zarling

Outstanding School!!! Proud to work here!!

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in North Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in North Miami, FL

I have been working at Le Petit Papillon Montessori School full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

An Amazing school to work with children. I have been part an wonderful team for over four years. Our school is run by an incredibly talented woman who is very innovative and creative. We have a phenomenal campus with state of the art materials that bridge the common core standards with collegiate STEM programs. The staff myself included is friendly, well educated and passionate about Montessori and I am very proud to call this my home!

Cons

I feel that with any school you may encounter conflict, at L.P.P we work hard to keep the lines of communication open so that if there is a question or concern we are available to come to a peaceful resolve

Wonderful Teaching Experience!

I have been working at Le Petit Papillon Montessori School

Pros

I have worked at Le Petit for several years and it has been such a great teaching experience! The staff and director are very knowledgeable about the Montessori philosophy. The classroom and campus are beautiful! The administration are very helpful and supportive with any thing that I need. This school offers great programs for the children-during and after school activities. By offering various educational workshops at the school, I have been able to expand my own teaching skills.

Cons

No cons for this review.

I am a Lead Teacher at Le Petit Papillon Montessori School.

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Miami Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Miami Beach, FL

I have been working at Le Petit Papillon Montessori School full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Ever since I wanted to become a teacher, Le Petit Papillon Montessori school has given and supported the opportunity for me to do so. There is a wonderful team of teachers that will work together with you to help you meet your goals and soar. The environment of the school is one that will literally "take your breath" away which makes it an easy atmosphere to love your workplace. The students are exposed to the very best crafted and the most up to date Montessori materials, allowing the students to reach their maximum success.

Cons

There are currently no cons I would like to share.

My experience at LPP was deplorable.

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Miami, FL

I worked at Le Petit Papillon Montessori School full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Beautiful school but that is all a facade.

Cons

I was a teacher here at Le Petit Papillon for 3 years and during my employment I witnessed first hand the verbal abuse on the teachers, favoritism amongst the students by Ms. Zarling (Head of School), lies after lies to the parents, the teachers being so scared of Ms. Zarling that they scream at and treat the children as if it were boot camp, the teachers constantly being called out of class, etc. A teacher once said "I wouldn't send my plants to this school." All of the good reviews online are either done by the head of school herself, forced teachers (as she did to me) or the parents that she favors. During my employment at LPP only 2 out of the 8 lead teachers were Montessori certified and none of the assistant teachers were certified (some not even college graduates). The 2 teachers who were Montessori certified were responsible for training all the other teachers each morning on how and what do. This is one of the reasons why head of school does not allow the teachers to speak to the parents in fear of being exposed. And the reason they are not allowed inside the classroom (unless scheduled) is for fear of the parents realizing the teachers have no idea what they are doing. When the parents are allowed in the classroom for parent observation the head of school has the assistant teacher remove all of the "bad" students out of the classroom! I could go on and on about all the terrible things I witnessed in my 3 years but the bottom line is do not send your child/children to this school for his/her own well being and listen to the negative reviews as they are the truth.

Sell the school to someone who knows how to properly run a school. You are only doing harm to both the children and teachers. Most teachers who leave your school no longer want to teach. Stop crushing dreams and scaring children.

Poor Management and Will Try Not To Pay You

I worked at Le Petit Papillon Montessori School full-time

Pros

Nice scenery and nice appearance.

Cons

They have numerous unhappy employees with a high turnover. They continually try not to pay you by saying they will hire you. You do the one day of training and they offer you a decent salary and then tell you to start clocking in but then tell you, you must clock at one time and then continue to work so that you can clean so they do not have to pay for it. A class action suit needs to done against this company. They also advertise that all of their employees are montessori trained but are all of them certified or trained by one or two certified employees.

Learn how to speak to employees. Give them respect. Stop luring them in with kindness and turn on them after you hire. The disrespect is evident and the morale of the employees are low.

Horrible, horrible, horrible

I worked at Le Petit Papillon Montessori School full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful campus from the outside when touring.

Cons

As an hourly employee they expect you to constant work almost 8 to 10 extra hours without paying overtime. Instead of paying for a plumber they want the teachers to constantly plunge the toilet. They use the employees as a clean up crew. They say you are entitled to lunch but it never seems to happen, you have to scarf it down while the kids are eating.

Upper management is a joke. Learn to have respect for your employees and to stop talking down to them. Pay the people for the days they work.

Now I Know Why They Are Always Hiring!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami Beach, FL

I worked at Le Petit Papillon Montessori School full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The property is beautiful and there is free parking nearby.

Cons

Morale is very low. Employees are miserable. Poor communication between management and staff. They do not pay you for your first full day of work. (They say, at the end of the shift, that it was only a trial.) You are expected to come in early and stay late when necessary (almost always)--OFF THE CLOCK. Paydays are once a month. School is closed for Winter, Spring and Summer breaks... So you have no work. No benefits. NO BREAKS--you are working all of the time.

Stop being shady and pay your employees!