Leader Bank

Sushil K. Tuli

Satisfactory

Finance (Former Employee)
    Arlington, MA

ProsI spent a few years at Leader and had a relatively positive experience, but as with any job it is what you make it. If you can manage to work at the lock-desk (secondary market ops), commercial lending, accounting, or as an underwriter you can learn a lot about the mortgage banking industry. I would try to stay away from loan servicing – from there you will only move laterally both in and outside the firm.

Pros – Small bank, friendly colleagues. Occasional exposure to challenging projects after you have put in your time.

ConsCons – Small bank, low compensation/benefits/expense reimbursement. Very traditional workplace environment. Little on-job training and career development.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to management: Take the time to train your staff on the bigger picture. Organize meetings, information sessions and encourage cross-training across the firm.

Mortgage Underwriter

ProsMy fellow employees are great, they are supportive & help where they can

ConsManagement straight out of college with no experience in the industry

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk operations for help on smoothing out the loan process

Not Best Place to Work For, Best People to Work With

(Former Employee)

ProsI worked at Leader Bank for more than 1 year. In 1 years time i would say that the only thing that kept me here was the wonderful people that i worked with. Each and everyone of them was more than eager to help, because there is NO training program. You get taught nothing, and thrown in. Sink or float, your choice. Your hardest is never enough, and your best performance is never rewarded. You have to be on point 99.99% of the time. No one ever rewards you for exceeding expectations, but make one mistake and all fingers point to you.

ConsOne of the reasons I would not recommend working here is the fact that there is 0 employee appreciation. Upper level management do not take the time to get know their employees. Decisions making is all based on favoritism and not based on hard-work and intelligence. I saw some of the brightest most driven employees, not being utilized never the less rewarded for their hard work. This bank has highly skilled and hard working individuals who take the experience and run. Pay is mediocre at best. Management has no idea how to allocate resources and utilize talent. Such a waste, as this company can be so much better than it. I came in with hopes of working for one of the Best Places to work for. Expect to wear numerous hats and shuffled around like a chess piece, you never know what role you'll be in next!

Advice to Senior ManagementCommend and appreciate your employees. It is a small organization. Upper management should take the time to get to know their employees, treat them with respect. One of the most demanding small businesses i have ever seen. I've worked with top notch companies. Appreciate your employees and reward them for hard work, because there's not enough of it at this bank.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A positive and enjoyable learning experience.

Mortgage Loan Setup/Processor (Former Employee)
    Needham, MA

ProsGreat team of people to work for
    Best Branch VP's that I've ever worked for
    Fun

ConsAt times Drama and gossip
    Employee's not always willing to train and explain new projects
    Not enough growth within the company.

Good People. Frustrating Experience.

Mortgage Loan Setup/Processor (Former Employee)
    Arlington, MA

ProsManagement is always willing to help and train. You are given a lot of freedom in how to get your work done. Nice extras like a free breakfast on Fridays, lots of mini celebrations through out the year.

ConsMoving from contract work to full time position can be frustrating. Hearing nothing but praise, but still being left out in the cold is disheartening. Work distribution can be very uneven at times. Wage increases seem hard to come by, and modest at best. Can switch job duties, gain more responsibilities, with no increase in wage. Overtime is basically required.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your hard workers with more opportunity for promotions and wage increases. It's frustrating to gain additional responsibilities, with no additional wages. Proper value doesn't seem to be given for work.

Lots of potential, too much micromanaging

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Arlington, MA

ProsGrowing business, managers who are very knowledgeable and capable, always busy, most non-management employees are very personable

Conslow pay compared to market, overworked with little fringe benefits or compensation, too much micromanagement, managers can play favorites

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease pay to line level employees and benefits for working overtime. Senior management needs to convey to employees that they are doing a good job.

Good experience working with a smaller community bank

Teller (Current Employee)
    Arlington, MA

ProsYou are able to work with some of the best and most experienced people in banking. You really get to know your customers and can cater to their needs with less red tape. Over all our customers seem very happy.

ConsBecause the bank is so small they don't have a training program for employees who are new to banking. Also, they always seem to be short staffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think employees of Leader Bank would appreciate more of an effort on behalf of management to communticate the banks progress.

top 5 places to work

Associate (Current Employee)
    Arlington, MA

Prospeople sre great and very friendly atmosphere to work in.

ConsLots of work . Working crazy hours .

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Worked for Leader Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Leader Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Leader Bank CEO Sushil K. Tuli . All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Leader Bank employees.