Leader Dogs For The Blind

Susan Daniels

I love the Leader Dog mission and fund raising here

Current Employee - Philanthropy
    Current Employee - Philanthropy

I have been working at Leader Dogs For The Blind full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Positive culture and environment, very organized and every member of Senior Management has met me and always greets me
    I feel managers take time here and create a good work environment
    Mission to serve people who are blind is wonderful
    Strong benefits
    Leaders here come out of their office and know the team
    Good communication
    Amazing volunteers

Cons

Expect a hard working environment-and the hours and commitment are demanding.

The public should know more about the excellent work of Leader Dog

Best Managed Non Profit

I have been working at Leader Dogs For The Blind full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A motivated, passionate community of team members and voiunteers working for a common goal to help people who are blind. Working wth future leader dogs and inspriring people, transformative work! Great sense of belonging, commonly held values and positive culture here. It is an exciting place to work. CEO is a true leader and very experienced. Leap at the opportunity to work here!

Cons

No doubt everyone here works very, very hard and the hours can be long as there are many classes, events in every area of the organization, the team rallies and turns this into a positve. If you are dedicated and driven this is the ideal non profit work place for you.

Management has placed thought into team member engagement and there are lots of opportunities to be involved and recognize others. The new building for the kennel will be improve the environment for those that work in that setting. There is a strong sense of momentum- that excites people- keep it up.

Wonderful and rewarding place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rochester Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester Hills, MI

I worked at Leader Dogs For The Blind full-time

Pros

Incredibly rewarding place to work, in which you can help others. Best work/life balance of any company I have ever worked for. Upper management is very understanding and empowers staff to do their jobs. Flexible working hours and upper management listens to the employees. Excellent benefits and very friendly staff.

Cons

None that I can think of at this time. Over the last few decades has transformed from a 'mom & pop' work atmosphere to a corporate one. Not exactly a con.

Stay focused on the mission and keep doing great things for those in need.

Worked for Leader Dogs For The Blind? Contribute to the Community!