Leadership Directories, Inc.

Updated Feb 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gretchen G. Teichgraeber

a good starter job for the recent liberal arts grad

I worked at Leadership Directories, Inc. full-time

Prosyou can't work more than 35 hours a week

Consif you have no passion for data entry, this job isn't for you

Nice people, boring workk

I have been working at Leadership Directories, Inc. part-time for less than a year

ProsWorked under Sue Healy who was always on top of her game, accepting environment

ConsLots of tedious work to be done

Sinking ship full of job seekers

I worked at Leadership Directories, Inc. full-time

ProsLimited hours, office is near major transportation, and most workers have 2 monitors. Extremely lax work at home policy for some workers.

ConsInept department heads, low pay, no chance for advancement, no sense of community, cutting corners in every way possible. Friends of senior management can do whatever they want, while everyone else gets excluded, ignored, and ridiculed. There is no HR department and no one to talk to. Business strategy depends on whims of those too ignorant and short sighted to make the right calls.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to care about other people

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Acceptable job while looking for something else

New York, NY

I have been working at Leadership Directories, Inc.

ProsMust work under 40 hours a week

ConsSkills difficult to transfer, input to management ignored

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to have a suggestion area of the intranet and actually respond

Content with delivering sub par service

New York, NY

I have been working at Leadership Directories, Inc.

ProsIt's a small company that makes communication between senior management and the rest seamless. Weekly updates on the company's sales and management achievements and goals are sent to all employees.

ConsThe company is doomed to fail. It's management is incapable of adapting to new consumer demands. The company sticks to it's mantra of "verified data" while it's competitors create intelligent and more efficient ways of collecting data. Double standards throughout the company. Managers generally rose up the editorial ranks, but don't have the vision or knowhow to succeed in steering the company. Its competitors are light years ahead of it, and working for the company is as uninspiring as it is deflating.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop living in the past. Stop calling your data collecting ants "editors" and either adjust the company goals to work with today's demand for information or sell the company and save everyone the frustration.

Leadership in name only

New York, NY

I worked at Leadership Directories, Inc.

ProsThere are some good people working at Leadership Directories who have been there for quite a while. They are dedicated and work hard to make it a success.

ConsManagement has been incredibly weak since founder stepped down. Ineffective CEO was forced to step down due to illness and there currently is a caretaker CEO.
The company does not have a compelling strategy to turn its business around and get back to growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you're not willing to do the difficult things needed to turn around the biz, sell it to someone who is. It's no fun watching the business disintegrate.

Worked for Leadership Directories, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Leadership Directories, Inc. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Leadership Directories, Inc. CEO Gretchen G. Teichgraeber. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Leadership Directories, Inc. employees.