Leadnomics Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.9
Zachary Robbins

1. Great company to grow with!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Leadnomics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with Leadnomics for 4 years and have seen the company grow from 10 employees to now over 40. When I first joined the company, start-ups were still a relatively new trend and to have free beer and Redbull in the workplace was impressive, rather than commonplace. Now that "freebie" perks are offered in more workplaces than ever, here is what I've noticed sets Leadnomics apart: People - You will not find a more amazing group of people to work with than the team at Leadnomics. I enjoy coming in to work every day because of my coworkers and having a group like that never feels like "work" (and I'm in HR!) Most days you'll find everyone eating lunch together and hear lunchtime conversation topics ranging from their latest Netflix binge to theories on space and time. Workplace (Office) - I LOVE our office! The design is modern, yet warm with reclaimed wood, brass accents, and private pods with glass walls for phone calls or simply a quiet place to get work done. The kitchen has microwaves, a dishwasher, icemaker, keurig, espresso machine, small appliances, and of course, plenty of snacks and beverages that are complimentary to all employees. Career Opportunities - I've been able to move up from an assistant-level position to management-level in less than 4 years, which is fairly quick for someone who came in with little to no experience in the field. Upper management is always open to suggestions and takes every employee seriously.

Cons

The only potentially negative thing I can comment on is the array of responsibilities some employees, include myself, have. It's typical of smaller companies, but it can some time be confusing for new people to figure out who to go to for what. This usually isn't an issue past the first few weeks, though.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

4+ Years Here and Still Loving the Ride

Current Employee - Product Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Leadnomics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1) Thoughts On the Culture: I love that my co-workers always jump at the opportunity to get together with each other, even with people across several teams. At our weekly catered lunches you’ll regularly see the guys & gals from engineering chatting with the business development crew or you’ll see operations mingling with the business intelligence team. Also, when 4pm rolls around you’ll regularly see people from several teams sharing a beer around our kitchen island before finishing out their day. 2) Thoughts On the Leadership: I report to the Director of Engineering and get the sense that he is very invested in my success and the personal success of my teammates. Plus, I get the sense that managers from other areas of the business also go above and beyond to figure out what makes their team members tick as individuals and work with them to tackle any blockers they may encounter in their roles. Lastly, managers from several teams regularly go out of their way to draw attention the successes of their team members. 3) Thoughts On Upward Mobility: When I first started there were 8 of us in the office and had little need for ‘managers.’ Now that we’ve scaled to an office of 40-50 people splitting into teams has been a must. Two great things have happened in our growth. First, we’ve brought on a few managers that have experience. Having a manager with experience and an open door means having access to a mentor which isn’t always readily available if a company strictly promotes from within. Second, many of my peers (me included) have had the opportunity to become first-time managers. I’ve even seen a few interns rise through the ranks to be meaningful full-time contributors during my tenure. In my opinion the company has struck a great balance between promoting from within and bringing in outside experience.

Cons

Our processes aren’t as set-in-stone as you might find at a larger company. Occasionally, we have to make slight tweaks to the way we get business done. I prefer this over outdated processes slowing us down but not everyone enjoys change so I think this is personal preference.

Advice to Management

Get us into the community. We have plenty of opportunities to contribute inside the office to charity (ex Movember, Toys4Tots, etc). However, it would be great to also have the opportunity to roll up our sleeves and get out of the office to make an impact in Philly. Bonus, working together for a common cause would be a great team building opportunity!

Design Engineer Perspective

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Leadnomics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Freedom to create your own path if you choose to. - Lots of projects all the time - Family & Friend like environment

Cons

- Can be stressful at times - Roles are not clearly defined in some cases, which can cause confusion on projects - Lead generation is not the most fulfilling industry

Jul 17, 2015 – Co-Founder

Many thanks for your review and your valid points about clarifying roles. With a company like ours, that can be particularly challenging, especially in tech/engineering positions, as projects and ... More

Amazing opportunity for innovators, hard workers, and self-starters

I have been working at Leadnomics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Leadnomics for less than six months and am impressed. It's a fast-growing company that values its employees and believes good ideas can come from anywhere. It's really a collaborative, supportive environment. Monthly stakeholders meetings that give all staff a transparent look at the business are a welcome change from other places I've been. Everyone is made to feel appreciated for their work with regular shoutouts that can come from anywhere in the company thanks to a weekly submission process--you frequently find praise coming from someone who has admired your work at a bit of a distance which is very much appreciated! Benefits and perks are FANTASTIC.

Cons

It's a growing company with constant innovation. This is great for someone who sees opportunity out of a challenge; likes to be proactive; and is highly-organized, but could be a con for those who need more direction and guidance.

Advice to Management

The culture here is great! Hang on to it as we grow.

Fast-paced, fun environment

I have been working at Leadnomics full-time

Pros

1. Great location and modern office space, very cool desks that offering standing/seated settings 2. Awesome benefit offerings 3. Competitive pay 4. Forward-thinking leadership 5. Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks - very nice to have!

Cons

Due to their proactive approach to gain feedback good/bad from employees I cannot site any specific cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the solid work!

Nimble company, great people, not for robots

Former Employee - Principal Architect in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Principal Architect in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Leadnomics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leadnomics is seriously agile. That's a big key to success in the technology+marketing space, and not only does the leadership understand the value in being able to beat the competition to new business opportunities, the technologies behind the Leadnomics platform were designed expressly to enable it. Don't mistake a nimble approach to new opportunities for a lack of direction; Leadnomics' ability to rapidly meet the needs of its customers *is* its direction. No matter what role you're in, no two days will be the same. If you're looking for a position where you can settle in and take a robotic approach to your work, Leadnomics is not for you. It's managed to maintain its startup vibe even after transitioning to a medium-sized business, and that's just as true for the open office space and perks like the fully stocked kitchen as it is for the day-to-day cycle of new ideas and changing customer needs. Leadnomics is home to some of the brightest folks I've had the pleasure of working with, from engineering on through business development, and employees are trusted to make their own decisions and collaborate with others without a lot of red tape. Coming from a big corporate environment, that was refreshing. The startup-y environment also means relaxed professionalism. There's not much of a dress code beyond "wear something", folks laugh a lot and play the occasional prank, you'll be made fun of purely out of friendship and jest (especially on the engineering team...). Again, Leadnomics is not for robots. If you don't consider this a 'pro', it's probably not a good fit. On the engineering side, the technologies being used are incredible and bleeding-edge. Expect to learn a lot in a very short time, and have the opportunity to go to area talks (or even speak at area talks) if you're passionate about it. And you should be! Transparency from leadership was also a plus. Seeing real numbers in meetings each month, good or bad, enabled employees to make better decisions and instills a lot of trust in them. Compensation, at least for engineering, trends at market values or higher. An earlier review said Leadnomics has a low salary cap for engineers, and that's patently ridiculous. I have serious doubts that the reviewer actually worked in an engineering role. Leadnomics takes care of their own and knows what they'd be worth elsewhere.

Cons

Communication between departments can always be better. During my time there, the lines between the teams and the lack of insight into each team's process became more like barriers as the process was streamlined to the point of not requiring as much person-to-person and team-to-team interaction. That was already improving by the time I left for my next opportunity, though. The environment can sometimes trend toward frat-like, with the focus of most company outings and events being on drinking. This may be a 'pro' to some, but for someone who doesn't drink, fitting in can be difficult.

Advice to Management

Having to terminate employees is a fact of life and good business. Consider offering more context and explanation to employees than "Person X has left the company". Even if you invite folks to ask questions if they have concerns, most people won't do that. I think this gets interpreted as fear-based management because few people know why a termination happened or how to avoid it themselves. Don't dwell, but some concise reasoning to settle others' emotional response would be welcomed. Even more investment in employee development would be great. In my time there, Leadnomics enabled me to speak at various conferences and meet big names in the engineering community. Benefits like that or even more personal development-based events for the rest of the company would have a big impact and show staff how much they're valued.

May 4, 2015 – Co-Founder

Thanks for this review. We are proud of our technologies and the teams that have built them. And many thanks for pointing out the compensation positives and the need for individual independence ... More

Modern Company, Comfortable Environment & Best Internship Yet.

Former Employee - Intern in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Intern in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Leadnomics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After coming from working in large corporations where I was micromanaged day in and day out, my faith in companies has been restored through working here. The corporate culture is everything a modern company should be. I've been the most impressed with Leadnomics out of all four of my internships. Plus, everyone I worked with was pretty hilarious, and that made me feel very comfortable coming into work everyday. The work: The projects I get are very interesting, and I have the ability to work on whatever tailors to my interest. As an intern, that's golden. I don't find myself ever doing extremely tedious or repetitive like most other interns are used to. This company is very interested in finding your niche and allowing you to work to your best abilities through that. I've learned a lot more than I initially expected. The people: Really smart group of people. Everyone is also very collaborative when together. They make an effort to get to know one another, and in turn that makes the job something I looked forward to everyday. Corporate culture: Modern and mainly younger environment. Regular meetings with your team and the entire office to brainstorm, go over goals and make sure everyone is on the same page. Meetings don't feel like "typical meetings", and for the most part are laid back. Management is very transparent, and I've always gotten the feel they want everyone succeeding as a team. They consider seriously your options, which is rare these days. Benefits: The perks are everything a college student could ask for. Lunch on the company ever Tuesday. Stocked fridge full of all the food and beer you could want. Office layout is extremely creative. There are pods, couches, lounge areas and meeting rooms if you don't want to conform to being at a desk all day. The entire office is full of happy people and big personalities which helps days go by extremely fast. Not a typical 9-5.

Cons

This isn't so much a con, but with the fast working environment, there are obviously responsibilities that are expected of you. Being in a startup environment, every person wears a couple different hats. It's not that good for anyone that can't easily multitask or self educate their way through some databases and platforms.

Advice to Management

Keep up the innovative environment within Leadnomics.

Apr 17, 2015 – Chief Operating Officer

Thanks for your positive comments. We're glad your experience was challenging and what you'd hoped for.

Good for recent grads or junior devs but not a place to make a career

Former Employee - Developer in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Developer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Leadnomics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're fresh out of college then this is a good place to work. To echo another review, "chill place, chill work." Despite being around for many years, this company has a thriving start-up culture to it. The atmosphere was fun, vibrant and youthful. If you're a self starter then you'll fit in here. Take initiative and you won't be sitting around twiddling your thumbs. Lots of perks like beer and food. Great work-life balance.

Cons

I would not recommend working here unless you're a recent grad, junior dev looking for experience, or a highly paid executive brought in to turn the company around. This company tries to be too many things at once - a lead buying and selling platform, an affiliate network, content-production company, etc. There's no focus and the company seems to always be chasing the newest shiny object. Leadership doesn't know how to lead. You feel like you "work for" management instead of "work with." The "Advice to Management" from the review on 3/8/15 is spot-on. Many talented people but a few bad apples spoil the bunch, and those bad apples seem to stick around for much longer than they deserve. At the same time, anyone who challenges leadership and tries to open their eyes to the obvious problems within the company will likely get fired. Lead and executive positions are brought in from outside rather than advancing people from within. Even people who helped build the company get passed over. Falsely advertised "profit sharing" in the hiring process. You're expecting something to make up for taking a lower salary but end up getting nothing (to be fair the company was not profitable during my tenure)

Advice to Management

- Figure out what you want the company to be and actually stick to it. - Pay people what they're worth. Especially developers. The founder doesn't think good developers are worth more than ~60k and it shows. - Promote within the company if you want any kind of loyalty. - Hire better, fire faster.

Apr 17, 2015 – Chief Operating Officer

Like a few other Glass Door reviews about Leadnomics, this review has some very legitimate observations. As part of our recent organizational re-design, we have evaluated and in some cases, made ... More

Terrible Leadership - Stepping stone employer, not a career

Former Employee - Affiliate Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Affiliate Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Leadnomics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

With the exception of the leadership, the company hires great people with a lot of talent. They offers perks such as snacks, alcohol and a modern work environment.

Cons

The leadership is by for the most unprofessional group, you could ever encounter in a professional setting. They use scare tactics rather than employee development to attempt to achieve things. There is no clear goal or future for the company, they try to do too many things at once but never successfully accomplish anything to completion. Leadership encourages shifty business tactics to acquire and retain clients. The company rarely promotes from within, but if they do so, it only to prove a point. The company strives for mediocrity, rather than trying to the best.

Advice to Management

The management needs to realize how they are portrayed by the employees. Managers should teach through their leadership rather than simply dictate. The only way the company with ever retain or sustain, is by waking up and seeing the leadership is the issue. It would also help is the leadership was consistent rather than a group of cronies constantly bringing in someone new, who wants to reinvent the wheel.

Apr 17, 2015 – Chief Operating Officer

The writer here brings up a few valid points most of which, have been addressed over the past five months. With regards to the leadership, much has changed, not only in setting clear and concise ... More

Good starter gig, poor in leading anything.

I worked at Leadnomics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leadnomics is a great place to start if you’re trying out the startup culture for the first time. You get perks like free food, some beer, flexible work schedule, open floor office plan, inspirational wall posters and wood/steel decor. You will learn what you want and do not want out of a company. They know how to hire great talent. Many of the ground-level employees are exceptional professionals.

Cons

They can’t hold onto talent. Several of the previous posts acknowledge management shortcomings alluding to this. Below are a few factors as to why Leadnomics is not a place for top-tier professionals: • Lack of transparency towards business practices. • Lack of transparency towards business direction. • Lack of energy or enthusiasm. • Leadership is nonexistent. • No real trajectory for anyone ambitious. • There is more focus on having the surface look of a startup than actually running like a smart one. It is difficult to discuss Leadnomics without discussing the other companies related to it. They are very incestuous. A cofounder of Leadnomics is also the cofounder of several other businesses that all run into similar issues. What culture exists is akin to that of a frat. Very suitable for males, much more difficult for women. There is no true strategic vision. For a 7-year-old business that plays as a fresh startup, things are very rote and there is little excitement in the day to day, week to week, month to month. You definitely feel like a production function than having a stake in the success and identity of the company. The cofounders will travel abroad and flaunt it while you sit in the office pushing out the project flavor of the week. This would be fine if compensation wasn’t simply entry-level pay. Expectations in the quality and productivity of work is that of senior level quality and commitment. Do not expect to be rewarded for this. Your production is expected and chalked up to being a part of the “start up hustle.” This hustle has occurred for 7 years and ongoing. Do not expect it to end anytime soon. There are other companies in Philadelphia that expect the hustle, but reward you for it. Business practices are questionable. There is plenty written about those practices, all it takes is a quick Google search of the founders to learn about them. There is a culture of fear. Since the employee exodus started occurring across all companies, tactics are used to keep current employees from knowing of or even attempting to look at opportunities outside of Leadnomics (and her other counterparts.) Pettiness. People within this company will keep tabs on you after you’ve left. They all talk to one another. There is no confidentiality in reporting to your direct superior—you will be “told on” as though you are still in some elementary school social scene. This will happen despite you and others having left the company. Hierarchy. You are definitely working for management, not with management.

Advice to Management

Find direction for your company. Flaunt less. Care about your talent. If you don't care, at least compensate them like you do.

Apr 17, 2015 – Chief Operating Officer

There are numerous valid points in this review and I’d like to address each of them. Back in November, I joined Leadnomics as Chief Operating Officer to help facilitate an organizational re-design ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed