Leander ISD Reviews

CEO

1. Teacher

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leander, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leander, TX

I have been working at Leander ISD full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good schools for your own children when you are allowed to pick your teachers. Good hours; Most principals don't micro-manage you, they allow you to do the job you've been trained to do. Some years you get to work for amazing principals.

Cons

Salary low for size of district compared with others around the state. They don't fire employees for continued discrimination and bullying by principals. A former principal of mine five years ago is still on "administrative watch" for bullying; cursing out teachers in front of parents.

2. Teach at Leander ISD

I worked at Leander ISD

Pros

You will have freedom to teach the curriculum your own way and not a lot of stress from standardized tests.

Cons

Administrators bend over backwards to appease parents.

3. Custodians have the worst job...

Current Employee - Custodians in Leander, TX
    Current Employee - Custodians in Leander, TX

I have been working at Leander ISD

Pros

Nothing really.. and well just writing to fill this up..

Cons

-teachers don't care about what their students do so they leave everything on the floor (talking about high schoolers) we would expect that from elementary kids.
    - AC is always off for us even if it's 100 degrees outside there is no air running inside so it's hell.
    -NO PAID HOLIDAYS
    -We aren't even given the day off for example on Memorial Day. Why does everyone have it off except us custodians? Or we aren't even paid time and a half like it should be.
    -Supervisors are bad 2 quit the same month because one of the main Custodian bosses are horrible to people.

Advice to Management

Check the Main Supervisors for example JOE how he works with other people seek the opinion of the workers don't just say we cannot pay holidays for you custodians.

It just depends on who your supervisor is

I worked at Leander ISD

Pros

Great teachers, awesome families, lots of professional training

Cons

some of the HR supervisors and the principals are just plain rude and so not care about kids

Advice to Management

Get rid of the supervisors that do not care about others, everyone notices...parents, students, and the teachers

6. Input from a regular substitute teacher

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher
    Current Employee - Substitute Teacher

I have been working at Leander ISD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've subbed for both Round Rock ISD and Leander ISD for many months, and I can easily say that the worst day subbing at Leander ISD is better than some of the best days at Round Rock ISD. For the most part, the students are well disciplined and show some interest in doing their work. The teacher's lounges have Keurigs and are usually well stocked, and the administration and faculty are much more helpful and polite than what I have encountered at Round Rock schools. Though it is a bit of a longer drive for me, I much prefer teacher at an LISD campus, every time.

Cons

Haven't encountered many cons. Substitute teaching pay is always low, so that's normal. Students overall have been generally respectful and will listen, ask questions, and do their work in a responsible manner for the most part. For me, the only con is the long drive to get to many of the Leander ISD campuses. Other than extra time on the road, I have enjoyed virtually every class I have had the pleasure of teaching.

Advice to Management

Management for these schools seems very competent. Goals seem well laid out, and students seem to respond to expectations fairly well. I am not a full-fledged teacher so my experience is most likely different than a a full-time employee, but I enjoy my time spent at LISD schools and love to spend extra time with the students who have a passion for the relevant subject matter.

It was ok

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leander, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leander, TX

I worked at Leander ISD full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Summers off were a great perk of the job.

Cons

Working with the principal was not fun

8. Assistant Principal

Current Employee - Assistant Principal in Leander, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Principal in Leander, TX

I have been working at Leander ISD

Pros

Love working with the people, parents and students. Teachers are great and a great team atmosphere.

Cons

Work a lot of overtime

Advice to Management

Micro management in the upper level of administration. You have good growth as long as you like politics and can play the game.

9. Substitute teacher

I have been working at Leander ISD

Pros

All the staff is so helpful.

Cons

I think it would help a lot if they would send out the substitute available jobs earlier in the morning.

10. Electronics Teacher

Former Employee - Electronics Teacher in Leander, TX
    Former Employee - Electronics Teacher in Leander, TX

I worked at Leander ISD full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Awesome students and personnel. My students had the capability to earn college credit for each of my classes if they 'earned' 85% or higher on their overall average plus showed me 1 - on - 1 that they could set up their circuits and use the test equipment to verify they truly learned the subject.

Cons

I really do not have many cons. I would love to still be with them. It was awesome working within their personnel.

Advice to Management

No issues. Just keep things going well. The students need you.

11. schoolbus driver

Current Employee - School Bus Driver in Leander, TX
    Current Employee - School Bus Driver in Leander, TX

I have been working at Leander ISD full-time

Pros

great for retired people the schedules considred full time is broken up so it takes your whole day for part time pay.

Cons

No ariconditioning, no pay for holidays and summer

Advice to Management

instead of upper level promotions and cuts for drivers get unemployment for summer and put airconditoning in buses

RSS Feed </> Embed