LeapFrog Systems

Bob Malone

Great place for Consultants

Current Employee - QA Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - QA Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at LeapFrog Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Solid Company. Open communication. Longer term contracts and placements are the norm. Supportive main office and Acct Management. Accessible managers. Consultants are Full Time Employees with Benefits and PTO.

Cons

Opportunities are centered in Boston, Dallas, N Carolina - gnerally in spots more difficult to commute. As with any Consulting Firm, job security can be nerve wracking.

Focus on having opportunities as far in advance as possible.

LeapFrog Systems provided me with 7 plus years of great client contracts!

Current Employee - Project Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at LeapFrog Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

LeapFrog only hires very talented consultants and they have top notch clients in the Boston area. The Sales team and recruiters work well together to match qualified consultants to client reqs. Very little administrative overhead and no red tape. The management team and office staff recognize that LeapFrog consultants are the heart and sole of the company. The management team is very approachable and encourages suggestions and participation. I have worked for 5 other consulting firms and LeapFrog is head and shoulders above the rest.

Cons

If your skills, personality and work ethic do not put you in the top 10% of your field, LeapFrog will not hire you.

It's time to grow, you need more quality consultants and clients.
    Look for more clients looking to contract consultants working remote.

good model in targeting high-end contractors/consultants, but selfish partnership and poor company growth potential

Former Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at LeapFrog Systems as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Get an above average pay rate.
    Work at some quality client sites.

Cons

stagnant client base
    no career growth offered,
    no company headcount growth
    partners take their share

offer stake in the company not just cash incentives

IMHO

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at LeapFrog Systems full-time

Pros

Great as long as you have a placement. They leave you pretty much on our own with a back office guy that will touch base periodically and there to help with any client issues that may pop up.

Cons

You must be very senior self starter type to get on in this place. This is staff aug and are placed at a client site with very little team support from back office. At some clients there is an account manager on site. Don't be fooled to think they are there to support you. if you are in the situation where there is one, and I have had several, they are utterly useless. No known career paths within organization. Have not had a reviewsor salary increase in a very long time.

Establish a HR department, job descriptions and career paths with goals and objects that allow for pay increases etc...

Business Analyst Consultant

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at LeapFrog Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They were always good to me and other consultants I saw in the field. They consistently said the important thing was doing a good job for the client and doing what was right for us.

Cons

There was a bit too much pressure to refer other people to work there. I remember the first time I met one of the owners, the first thing he said to me was something to the extent of, "who do you have who you can refer?"

Convivial group of peers; easy going yet effective style

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at LeapFrog Systems as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Helpful and experienced colleagues that collaborate well with each other and with clients. Long standing relationships with several clients where significant trust has been established, so many aspects of the consulting relationship are smoother than they might be. They seem to really care about the consultants and engaging them.

Cons

They have been around for 14 years, but they still feel a little like a start-up, which depending on how you look at it, is both a pro and a con. If you are looking for a lot of structure and a certain kind of professional leadership you may not find it here.

I am actually quite happy with the management's stance. They let consultants be experts and they will be as helpful and supportive as they can, but mostly they stay out of the way (i.e. they don't meddle) but they are never far away. I would say just keep that philosophy up. It's working for the types of consultants you need/want, so why change?