Leapforce

Updated Mar 19, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Daren Jackson

Pros:
  • "You can work from home anytime you please if there are tasks available"
    in 35 reviews
  • "Flexible hours, no commuting hassle, gaining knowledge while working, helpful online community"
    in 11 reviews
Cons:
  • "Most times, there are no tasks available"
    in 7 reviews
  • "In no way would working this position for any amount of time contribute to your career"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Very good work at home opportunity

Search Engine Evaluator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Leapforce full-time for more than a year

Prosdecent pay, variety in work (sometimes fun), decently frequent feedback which can be referenced later, work when you want (there is a min and max per month and week, respectively), platform for workers to share resources and chat within website, support is usually very prompt, as is finance

Consnet30 pay schedule, high standards for quality, extensive test just to be accepted, studying is on your own time, a steep learning curve initially, occasional lack of work or server issues
[[some of these I won't consider cons in themselves, but can be frustrating dealing with]]

Advice to Senior Managementmore communication for poor quality caps, esp for new raters

Internet Assessor.

Internet Assessor (Former Employee)
Queen Creek, AZ

I worked at Leapforce as a contractor for less than a year

ProsWork from home opportunity. Great for college students or people who need to supplement their income.

ConsVERY boring work. Extremely repetitive. It's a job that revolves around just making some extra income, unless you have a passion for assessing search inquiries.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more constructive feedback. Having to do qualifying tasks were often confusing, and I did not know if I was doing it because of poor performance, or because of a change in policy.

Great work at home job, a little stressful

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Leapforce as a contractor

ProsWork at home, good pay, flexible schedule

ConsSome down time, high tasks per minute

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Limited feedback and direction for "newbies".

Sear Engine Evaluator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor for less than a year

ProsFlexibility, decent hourly salary. Work is interesting and challenging.

ConsFeedback cycle is limited to monthly reviews, impersonal, must be very self-directed to succeed. Poor reviews lead to limited work "capping of hours" and no real direction on when capping will occur or what it takes to have caps removed.

Advice to Senior ManagementFeedback cycle for new hires should be more frequent. Working for a month and then finding out during a review that you have been making mistakes is extremely inefficient. Difficult to improve work quality with the current feedback process.

Not so good

I have been working at Leapforce

ProsWork was easy.. I mean kind of easy. Most of the times if you know what you are doing then you can just breeze through it

ConsThey did not really have any form of communication that you can talk to employers about problems or anything like that. Most of the times the assignments get confusing and you do not know what you are doing. It also looks like they already have set answers for the job assigned so you can be given negative feedback if your ratings are not the same as what they already have

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to communicate with employees and i thought the evaluators were rating from a users perspective while still using the general guidelines. Sometimes, some of the ratings that the company have as standard are not things most users will agree with.

Enjoyed working independently and having a flexible schedule.

Search Engine Evaluator (Former Employee)

I worked at Leapforce part-time

ProsFast paced but easy work. Login when you want to work. Decent pay and perfect for at home moms with a busy hectic schedule.

ConsLittle support. Don't expect this job to be long term.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no support. Emails go unanswered.

Very poorly structured work release. Inconsistent standards, very slow pay.

SEO Rater (Former Employee)
Tampa, FL

I worked at Leapforce as a contractor for less than a year

ProsYou work from home and in theory at times when you want to. The pay rate is upfront and they have good system development for interfacing with their projects from your desktop.

ConsThere is no consistency in the availability of project work. You will get a task, finish it, then have to keep refreshing for 5 minutes to 2 hours before more are released. Trying early in the morning helps, but only improves your odds slightly. You spend far more time trying to catch a project than you do working them. Instead of being flexible, you end up tied to your PC trying to catch a task whenever they show up.

I was very unimpressed with the consistency of feedback provided. As some background I worked these projects to supplement a severance package after choosing not relocate after a decade as a VP and hiring manager with a Fortune 100 company, and would be appalled to have been responsible for the quality of feedback provided. In short you are asked subjective analysis questions, but if they don't match the preference of the reviewer you are scored down. You don't get the same reviewer from subject to subject so what is rated as a 100% pass in one instance is rated as unsatisfactory in another. After getting mixed bag of this I decided to do an experiment for those where I was told my detail was lacking and paraphrased the examples provided in the Leapforce. Sure enough it again came back as right on target for one set of results and lacking in another. It appears they have no internal calibration for their QA scoring, or at least none that is working. There is no way to know for sure since you never actually communicate with these folks on the phone of via e-mail. They will just leave anonymous, often vague and conflicting, feedback.

To top it all off they are very slow to pay. I set up direct deposit, submitted my time the 1st day available to do so, had the submitted time approved in under 48hours, and then waited 3 weeks before they deposited the funds. I know this is within their contractually announced times, but bear in mind this is only 1099 contractor pay so there is nothing to payroll expect verifying the hours worked and rate of pay. No taxes, or other withholding to slow things up.

As frustrated as I was with the experience I felt worse for any company hiring Leapforce to provide any kind of coherent analysis of search engine optimization for them. They should have saved a huge outlay of funds and bought a magic 8 ball to get results of equal consistency.

Advice to Senior ManagementI assume from the level of professionalism and competency I witnessed on the front end that senior management cannot be aware of the state of day to day operations if they truly want to deliver for their clients. Now that I have returned to a senior leadership position with another large corporation I know that I will ensure we never use them for any contracted work.

A good experience!

Independent Contartor (Former Employee)

I worked at Leapforce as a contractor for more than a year

ProsYou can work when ever it fits your schedule.

ConsIt is very fast paced.

it was a nice experience.

I have been working at Leapforce

Proswork on your own time

ConsIt is pretty fast paced

A great place t EXcellent

Search Engine Evaluator (Current Employee)
Columbus, OH

I have been working at Leapforce part-time for less than a year

ProsAmazingly flexible, interesting & challenging work, variety of tasks. Good pay.

ConsInconsistency of available work. Must be able to work independently and figure things out for yourself.

Worked for Leapforce? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Leapforce reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Leapforce CEO Daren Jackson. All 96 reviews posted anonymously by Leapforce employees.