Leapforce

Updated December 9, 2014
Updated December 9, 2014
3.2

Daren Jackson

Pros
  • Its definitely a great work from home opportunity for those who would not get bored easily (in 48 reviews)

• It is also good work for graduate students who tend to need flexible hours from their supplemental employment (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Most times, there are no tasks available (in 7 reviews)

• In no way would working this position for any amount of time contribute to your career (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Flexible

I have been working at Leapforce

Pros

Able to work on my own schedule, good pay, good training materials!

Cons

constantly being reviewed does cause some anxiety

Management is on the right path with new training materials and feedback constantly being added.

Good for additional income and "nest egg" building.

Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

This is a legitimate work from home contract position. If you preform well there should be no shortage of work for you. You can work whenever you want, providing that there is currently work available on your project(s).

Cons

Working at home can become a bit boring without the social aspect of working with others. But they do have a chat feature that, I guess, adds some sort of socialization.

None at this time

It's all what you make it.

Former Employee - Search Engine Evaluator
    Former Employee - Search Engine Evaluator

I worked at Leapforce as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Schedule freedom, easy work, ample training material, and a ton of simulators.

Cons

No paid training, sometimes the instructions were not very clear, and the work easily becomes repetitive and mind-numbing. We were in the process of moving, and I was unable to access the internet to get my tasks done, so my account was terminated.

There needs to be more small tasks to help give your mind a slight break after working all large tasks.

flexible hours, otherwise eh

Current Employee - Independent Contractor
    Current Employee - Independent Contractor

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

The hours are flexible. I'm a night owl, and I can work at 3 in the morning if I want to.

Cons

Requires a lot of training, which is always unpaid!
    Performance reviews only look at a very tiny fraction of the work you do, and it seems like a few minor mistakes makes the difference between "Excellent" and "Unacceptable."
    Work is sometimes irregular, and you'll spend a lot of time waiting around at your computer, not making money.

Good, legitimate job

I worked at Leapforce as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The pay was good and the work was fairly steady. Sometimes there would not be tasks available, but that wasn't really the company's fault. There seemed to be good communication between the company and its' 1099 employees. It's a legitimate, fair job that many people would enjoy.

Cons

It can be difficult to apply and be accepted - the test was hard and you are not given much preparation time. Your work would be reviewed monthly, and many "errors" found were very subjective. Based on the nature of the work, answering questions and tasks appropriately meant that you had to give subjective answers. Ultimately, though, it's a good job and great for people who want to work from home.

Excellent job if you can keep up

Former Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Austin, TX

I worked at Leapforce as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The company now offers quite a lot of different training tools for new hires than it did when I initially applied. The entire job is on-your-own-time, meaning you can essentially work whenever you want and, overall quality permitting, as long as you want. The job is fantastic for stay-at-home parents or students.

Cons

While the standard set of guidelines doesn't change often, the expectation of what you should be drawing from those guidelines does change. If you can't keep up, you'll burn out.

Make it clear why some of the guidelines change. Reviews come and go with the same set of guidelines, yet sometimes wildly different expectations.

And stop being so secretive about everything. The IC's might get in a fuss, but better to tell them what is actually happening and not let them have to guess at it.

Independent Agent

Current Employee - Independent Agent
    Current Employee - Independent Agent

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The pros are that an agent can set his or her own hours, can work from home so there is no travel time, and the work is fairly steady. There is a chat board to connect with others working for the same company. There are monthly reviews so an employee can pin point areas in which to improve.

Cons

The cons are the usual cons associated being with an independent contractor such as unpaid training, no long term job security, etc.

I feel like you try to connect with employees through the live chat training sessions and the monthly feedback so definitely continue with those.

Paid Research and Analysis

Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great complementary income
    Work-life balance
    Gain knowledge

Cons

Pay could be higher
    Capped hourly rate
    Slow payments

Decrease the duration of restrictions for poor rater performance? Increase work availability for international raters? Allow US raters to work abroad? Continue the great work with the Path to Better Rating series :)

More trouble than it is worth

Former Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Leapforce as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Flexibility in hours, if work is available

Cons

I worked for Leapforce for two years. At first work was available all of the time. Over time, the work diminished. You were expected to meet a minimum number of tasks each month, but you would have to be on your computer 24/7 to catch enough work to be able to meet that minimum. The type of work became more and more time intensive over the two years I was there, making it more difficult to meet the minimums. As a result, after two years, I couldn't meet the minimum and my contract was not renewed. Quality reviews are a joke. You are told your answers are wrong, but can't dispute it. Something that was right one week, could be totally wrong the next. New types of work are thrown at you constantly, so you are always having to review new materials on your own time, for free. Although the pay was $13.50 per hour your effective rate is less than minimum wage. The amount of work I received was limited for eight months and I could not get a reason why. It got resolved when I finally got a hold of someone who would actually investigate. It was an error on their part where somebody clicked the wrong box on my account or something like that. It was ridiculous it took eight months to get this resolved.

Need much better communication with employees.

Working as a Leapforce independent agent has been a terrific job for me

Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Work available almost 24/7. Work just about whenever you want. Good pay for at-home work. Work can vary and be interesting from time to time. Employee chat adds to a community-like feel. Pay raise opportunity pending consistent good reviews. Helpful feedback and tools to use for improvement.

Cons

Job security is the biggest one. (Contracts last 6 months and can be nerve racking when contract renewal time approaches.) Rating can be somewhat speculative and subjective sometimes which can add interest but also disagreement when you receive feedback. Training/test taking is not paid. As with probably any independent contractor job, taxes are not deducted, so you may want to do that yourself so come tax time, you can pay if you owe tax money.

Please be more communicative and upfront about job security. Even though I generally receive good reviews, it is very often in the back of my mind that I could be "let go" at any time with little or no warning. For someone who is using this as their primary source of income, such as myself, this is a very frightening prospect, and I feel like I often have to be on my toes and have some sort of back-up job in mind in case. If you are to cut someone from the program, I think it would be appreciated to layout specific criteria which warrants a contract termination such as (so many negative reviews etc.) and/or at least promise to give a warning well ahead of time.