Leapforce

Updated October 14, 2014
Updated October 14, 2014
3.1

Daren Jackson

Pros
  • Its definitely a great work from home opportunity for those who would not get bored easily (in 47 reviews)

• It is also good work for graduate students who tend to need flexible hours from their supplemental employment (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Most times, there are no tasks available (in 7 reviews)

• In no way would working this position for any amount of time contribute to your career (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Independent Agent

Current Employee - Independent Agent
    Current Employee - Independent Agent

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The pros are that an agent can set his or her own hours, can work from home so there is no travel time, and the work is fairly steady. There is a chat board to connect with others working for the same company. There are monthly reviews so an employee can pin point areas in which to improve.

Cons

The cons are the usual cons associated being with an independent contractor such as unpaid training, no long term job security, etc.

I feel like you try to connect with employees through the live chat training sessions and the monthly feedback so definitely continue with those.

Paid Research and Analysis

Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great complementary income
    Work-life balance
    Gain knowledge

Cons

Pay could be higher
    Capped hourly rate
    Slow payments

Decrease the duration of restrictions for poor rater performance? Increase work availability for international raters? Allow US raters to work abroad? Continue the great work with the Path to Better Rating series :)

More trouble than it is worth

Former Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Leapforce as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Flexibility in hours, if work is available

Cons

I worked for Leapforce for two years. At first work was available all of the time. Over time, the work diminished. You were expected to meet a minimum number of tasks each month, but you would have to be on your computer 24/7 to catch enough work to be able to meet that minimum. The type of work became more and more time intensive over the two years I was there, making it more difficult to meet the minimums. As a result, after two years, I couldn't meet the minimum and my contract was not renewed. Quality reviews are a joke. You are told your answers are wrong, but can't dispute it. Something that was right one week, could be totally wrong the next. New types of work are thrown at you constantly, so you are always having to review new materials on your own time, for free. Although the pay was $13.50 per hour your effective rate is less than minimum wage. The amount of work I received was limited for eight months and I could not get a reason why. It got resolved when I finally got a hold of someone who would actually investigate. It was an error on their part where somebody clicked the wrong box on my account or something like that. It was ridiculous it took eight months to get this resolved.

Need much better communication with employees.

Working as a Leapforce independent agent has been a terrific job for me

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Work available almost 24/7. Work just about whenever you want. Good pay for at-home work. Work can vary and be interesting from time to time. Employee chat adds to a community-like feel. Pay raise opportunity pending consistent good reviews. Helpful feedback and tools to use for improvement.

Cons

Job security is the biggest one. (Contracts last 6 months and can be nerve racking when contract renewal time approaches.) Rating can be somewhat speculative and subjective sometimes which can add interest but also disagreement when you receive feedback. Training/test taking is not paid. As with probably any independent contractor job, taxes are not deducted, so you may want to do that yourself so come tax time, you can pay if you owe tax money.

Please be more communicative and upfront about job security. Even though I generally receive good reviews, it is very often in the back of my mind that I could be "let go" at any time with little or no warning. For someone who is using this as their primary source of income, such as myself, this is a very frightening prospect, and I feel like I often have to be on my toes and have some sort of back-up job in mind in case. If you are to cut someone from the program, I think it would be appreciated to layout specific criteria which warrants a contract termination such as (so many negative reviews etc.) and/or at least promise to give a warning well ahead of time.

Okay job for college students

Former Employee - Web Search Evaluator in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Web Search Evaluator in Austin, TX

I worked at Leapforce part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedule,
    No commuting,
    No supervisor,
    Good for college students to work at their dorm.

Cons

Not enough work,
    No paid training,
    Exams are lengthy,
    Work can be very tedious sometimes

Alright but got burned out

Former Employee - Search Engine Evaluator
    Former Employee - Search Engine Evaluator

I worked at Leapforce as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Work from home, learn more about the internet, flexible and set your own hours.

Cons

Work shortages, tedious, not much chance for advancement, reviews of your work can sometimes feel unfair and feedback doesn't help you learn what you did wrong.

don't base judgement on all of your work based on a small sample that was reviewed.

Working as a Google Search Engine Result Evaluator

Former Employee - Search Engine Result Evaluator in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Search Engine Result Evaluator in Austin, TX

I worked at Leapforce as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

You actually do work at home, they will pay you. They tell you it's not a full time job - and it's not.

Cons

- IF they dispute any hours then you need to have records - very detailed records. I started from day 1 so I always had them.
    - They will ask you to review criticisms of your work. Some times from a few days ago, sometimes from a few months. Sometimes their criticisms were correct, sometimes they were horribly incompetent. You don't get paid for this time.
    - It gets REALLY boring after a few months (at least for me)...
    - Poor rate of pay

Awesome Opportunity

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

You can't beat the flexibility. Most of the time you can work whenever it suits you. Also considering you don't have to pay for things like wardrobe and fuel the pay is very good. There is also a strong virtual community. Working from home can sometimes be lonesome but being at Leapforce is like going to a virtual office.

Cons

Sometime the communication is poor. Poor quality can lead to a drastic cut in hours (though temporary) which can be hard if you are depending on this job as your sole source of income.

Ehhh.

Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator

I have been working at Leapforce part-time (less than an year)

Pros

They do pay once a month and as long as you have work you can work up to 40 hours a week (once your account hits the unrestricted status). You can work your own hours as long as there is work, which there hasn't been most of the weekend.

Cons

Sure, this is a great job for stay-at-home moms who have babysitters. You cannot work this job with kids running around in the background. You just can't. You either have to wake up at the crack of dawn and try to work before the kids awake, or you have to do it when your husband gets home or after you put your kids to bed. I am lucky if I get 10 hours a week because my husband works all the time and isn't home until late. So I don't get to work until after he gets home. I'm not going to pay a babysitter to watch my kids during the day making 13.50 an hour. It's nice to get paid but when it's once a month and you submit your invoice on the first of the month and don't get paid until the 21st, that sucks! You have to

Make the pay weekly like ZeroChaos does! Seriously! The training should be paid for and so should all the time spent learning new tasks.

get a real job, dont be treated like cattle

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

not many, looks good at first sight but the hourly rate is a fake, setup and training demand half of the time spent, so the actual payment which would qualify for a pro is in fact only 60% of the time you work

Cons

many, the rules of judging sites are quite clear, still the feedback is a lottery, its like another useless power point presentation to evaluate things that are quite difficult to pin down to numbers, still, losing the lottery means losing the job....

if you want people to care for the job and do it bwell, treat them like humans, help with advice and development of your employess, you demand a higher education but you dont use it,, if it stays like it is, id rather clean toilets which i think requires more inteligence than doing the evaluation job for this company