Leapforce Reviews

Updated August 28, 2014
Updated August 28, 2014

Daren Jackson

Pros
  • Its definitely a great work from home opportunity for those who would not get bored easily (in 40 reviews)

• It is also good work for graduate students who tend to need flexible hours from their supplemental employment (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Most times, there are no tasks available (in 7 reviews)

• In no way would working this position for any amount of time contribute to your career (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Awesome Opportunity

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

You can't beat the flexibility. Most of the time you can work whenever it suits you. Also considering you don't have to pay for things like wardrobe and fuel the pay is very good. There is also a strong virtual community. Working from home can sometimes be lonesome but being at Leapforce is like going to a virtual office.

Cons

Sometime the communication is poor. Poor quality can lead to a drastic cut in hours (though temporary) which can be hard if you are depending on this job as your sole source of income.

Alright but got burned out

Former Employee - Search Engine Evaluator
    Former Employee - Search Engine Evaluator

I worked at Leapforce as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Work from home, learn more about the internet, flexible and set your own hours.

Cons

Work shortages, tedious, not much chance for advancement, reviews of your work can sometimes feel unfair and feedback doesn't help you learn what you did wrong.

don't base judgement on all of your work based on a small sample that was reviewed.

Working as a Google Search Engine Result Evaluator

Former Employee - Search Engine Result Evaluator  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Search Engine Result Evaluator in Austin, TX

I worked at Leapforce as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

You actually do work at home, they will pay you. They tell you it's not a full time job - and it's not.

Cons

- IF they dispute any hours then you need to have records - very detailed records. I started from day 1 so I always had them.
    - They will ask you to review criticisms of your work. Some times from a few days ago, sometimes from a few months. Sometimes their criticisms were correct, sometimes they were horribly incompetent. You don't get paid for this time.
    - It gets REALLY boring after a few months (at least for me)...
    - Poor rate of pay

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

get a real job, dont be treated like cattle

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

not many, looks good at first sight but the hourly rate is a fake, setup and training demand half of the time spent, so the actual payment which would qualify for a pro is in fact only 60% of the time you work

Cons

many, the rules of judging sites are quite clear, still the feedback is a lottery, its like another useless power point presentation to evaluate things that are quite difficult to pin down to numbers, still, losing the lottery means losing the job....

if you want people to care for the job and do it bwell, treat them like humans, help with advice and development of your employess, you demand a higher education but you dont use it,, if it stays like it is, id rather clean toilets which i think requires more inteligence than doing the evaluation job for this company

Ehhh.

Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator

I have been working at Leapforce part-time for less than a year

Pros

They do pay once a month and as long as you have work you can work up to 40 hours a week (once your account hits the unrestricted status). You can work your own hours as long as there is work, which there hasn't been most of the weekend.

Cons

Sure, this is a great job for stay-at-home moms who have babysitters. You cannot work this job with kids running around in the background. You just can't. You either have to wake up at the crack of dawn and try to work before the kids awake, or you have to do it when your husband gets home or after you put your kids to bed. I am lucky if I get 10 hours a week because my husband works all the time and isn't home until late. So I don't get to work until after he gets home. I'm not going to pay a babysitter to watch my kids during the day making 13.50 an hour. It's nice to get paid but when it's once a month and you submit your invoice on the first of the month and don't get paid until the 21st, that sucks! You have to

Make the pay weekly like ZeroChaos does! Seriously! The training should be paid for and so should all the time spent learning new tasks.

It can be monotonous at times, stimulating at others... Too little work for Italian raters

Former Employee - Search Engine Evaluator  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Leapforce as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

You work at home and, theoretically, you chose the working hours.

If you are interested in this field, you can learn a lot on how the search engine works and distinguish low quality web pages from high quality ones.

Payments are regular.

Cons

First you have to pass the test which is not easy at all and it takes a lot of time to prepare it (and time spending doing this test is not payed). There's no a minimum task quantity guaranteed, so sometimes you have 20 minutes, sometimes 2 hours of work per day.

The tasks are not always available, you have to spend loads of time to "catch" them. If you have kids to pick up from school or something to do in certain hours, be sure that tasks will become available just when you have to go out.

It's not always easy to figure out what you are asked to do, as their guidelines change constantly and reading them takes you other time which, of course, is not payed.

You have to do 200 tasks in 30 days, otherwise you get removed from the project you were working on.

As an independent contractor, there's no chance to grow. Even if you reach some important results, you never get promoted or rewarded in other ways.

As somebody said before, you can't work in another country. If, for some reason, you have to go out of the country you were assigned for, you can't work.

Personal growth and real promotions.

Decent Money

Former Employee - Search Engine Evaluator  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Leapforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are good at this job you can make the money you want.
    If you like searching, rating websites this is a great place to work.
    The other contractors are exceptionally helpful.

Cons

Repetitive nature.
    Timed work.
    Training on your own time.

This is the easiest job I have ever had.

Current Employee - Leapforce Agent  in  Charleston, WV
    Current Employee - Leapforce Agent in Charleston, WV

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The money is great, the work is very easy, and you are always paid on time. This is the only legitimate work from home job I have ever been a part of and I am loving every minute of it. If you can read and make simple decisions then this job is a breeze!

Cons

None other than no benefits for employees but this is a second job to earn extra cash so benefits should be covered for most. Also, it would be nice to be an actual employee and not a contract employee to alleviate the high income tax assessment for self employment income.

Leapforce Rater

I have been working at Leapforce full-time for more than a year

Pros

work your own hours and good pay

Cons

sometimes there isn't any work

Great opportunity for this SAHM

Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I am a current employee of just under a year. This job is fantastic. It is extremely flexible and pays more than most part time jobs- and I do it all from home! If you do this job effectively, you will love it!

Cons

There is a qualification exam and a a steep learning curve to get up and running. Some of the work is tedious.

Worked for Leapforce? Contribute to the Community!