Leapforce

Updated Mar 19, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Daren Jackson

Pros:
  • "You can work from home anytime you please if there are tasks available"
    in 35 reviews
  • "Flexible hours, no commuting hassle, gaining knowledge while working, helpful online community"
    in 11 reviews
Cons:
  • "Most times, there are no tasks available"
    in 7 reviews
  • "In no way would working this position for any amount of time contribute to your career"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

It can be tedious at times, interesting at others.

I have been working at Leapforce

ProsOn your own time and schedule an independent contractor can log in and perform a limited variety of tasks focused on rating internet search query results.

ConsThere is a (very) limited amount of work. Usually I receive no more than an hour of work per day. Also, you are not paid for time preparing and adapting to new task, which can sometimes be quite significant.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more work to your contractors.

great work from home job

At Home Agent (Current Employee)
Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor for more than a year

Prosflexibility, ease or work and great work life balance

Conslack of growth opportunity and quick removal of tasks for bad evaluations

Advice to Senior Managementpromote and give raises

A very good work-from-home opportunity.

Search Engine Evaluator (Current Employee)
Woodland, WA

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor for less than a year

ProsLeapforce is a great company to work for if you desire a flexible schedule, decent pay, and the ability to work from home.

ConsAs an independent contractor, there is no opportunity to advance in the company. You also have to pay self-employment taxes, which can be burdensome depending on how much you earn. Feedback and instructions can be vaguely worded and difficult to interpret sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more accessible for answering questions from your Search Engine Evaluators.

Good, briefly.

Search Engine Evaluator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor for more than a year

ProsGreat for flexible scheduling, work 20 hours or 5 a week. I've always been paid on time every month. Pay is acceptable compared to other online freelance work.

ConsLong periods where no work is available, without warning or notification of how long there will be no projects. Employee evaluations seem arbitrary, I've gone from excellent to unsatisfactory and back to above average without changing my effort. There aren't many opportunities to improve your role or pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication with Management doesn't really exist, other than form emails. Tell contractors if projects are on hold rather than leaving them in limbo indefinitely.

Very Subjective

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor for less than a year

ProsThe ability to work from home has its advantages.
Your hours are flexible but that is a two edged sword. Work is not always available when you want it, so you will spend a lot of time checking for availability of tasks.

ConsLimited Amount of Work available

Extremely Subjective...Your job is to rate search engine results. If your evaluation does not match what Leapforce expects, you are informed your performance is substandard.
 It seems as if they know the results they want to provide their clients, and you must try to match their expected result, and have the same opinion from multiple raters to justify the data they provide.

The time allotted is not sufficient to meet their extensive guidelines. The time to load the results given is lengthy, not giving you the time to fully evaluate the result.

I'm not sure why a company would want to use Leapforce when they do not allow for opinions that do not match their pre-determined result.

For retards and masochists only

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Leapforce

ProsYou get to see how internet search is actually 'moderated'

ConsAs a wage job you are not rewarded for superseding productivity or quality standards. Therefore, there is no incentive to do anything but the bare minimum, which makes the work incredibly dull.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward above-standard productivity and quality.

A real online job that actually pays. Get hired based on your ability to pass 3 exams

Search Engine Rater (Current Employee)
Tampa, FL

I have been working at Leapforce part-time for less than a year

ProsYou are able to choose your own hours and the work is easy and you do get paid for a true online job. No phone work, all online.

ConsSometimes there are no tasks available. You can only work a maximum of 40 hours. Quality feedback is sometimes confusing but the new interface is much better.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore contests and incentives. Contine to improve the feedback

A great stay at home job - when there is work to do.

I have been working at Leapforce for less than a year

ProsFlexible - can work the hours you choose.
Good pay for stay at home work.

ConsLong periods of time with no work to do.
Only one chance to qualify for additional projects.

This is not a job for anyone who thinks at a higher level.

Search Engine Evaluator (Former Employee)
Memphis, TN

I worked at Leapforce as a contractor for less than a year

ProsOpportunity to work from home on flexible schedule, IF and WHEN tasks are available. There are lots of opportunities for hours and hours of unpaid training.

ConsMost times, there are no tasks available. You are under constant totally subjective review and the comments you receive do not align with the rating directions in the training manuals. Totally subjective rating feedback. You are treated like an employee with no benefits or protections as opposed to an independent contractor. THERE IS NO INDEPENDENCE!!! THERE IS NO HOURLR RATE!!! This is a piece rate job. Even you you make above their quota, you will never make more than $13.50 per hour. AND, You will be expected to keep a running tab of your tasks and time as you are not being paid by the hour but by the number and types of tasks you complete. Expect to be paid 55% of the hours you actually work. Please READ the arbitration clause in the contract BEFORE you sign it. IN FACT, READ the entire contract several times before you sign it! Then sign at your own peril.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat others the way you want them to treat you if you were in their situation.

Disheartening

Web Search Evaluator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor for less than a year

ProsYou do work at home, and they do pay you.

ConsTerrible feedback, an answer that is right one day is wrong the next, one day you get great reviews, next day doing the same work, poor reviews, unable to count on work being available so it's stressful if you're trying to pay bills, not knowing what, if any will be available day to day.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your people better and give consistent feedback. An answer that is right on Monday shouldn't be wrong on Tuesday.

Worked for Leapforce? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Leapforce reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Leapforce CEO Daren Jackson. All 96 reviews posted anonymously by Leapforce employees.