Leapforce

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Daren Jackson

Pros
  • Its definitely a great work from home opportunity for those who would not get bored easily(in 40 reviews)

• It is also good work for graduate students who tend to need flexible hours from their supplemental employment(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Most times, there are no tasks available(in 7 reviews)

• In no way would working this position for any amount of time contribute to your career(in 6 reviews)

Strong work for part-time income.

Search Engine Evaluator (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsRemote work with flexible schedule.

ConsSome of the tasks take a while to develop the skills to rate them accurately.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter email communication would help but overall they are consistent will the more important communications.

It can be monotonous at times, stimulating at others... Too little work for Italian raters

Search Engine Evaluator (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsYou work at home and, theoretically, you chose the working hours.

If you are interested in this field, you can learn a lot on how the search engine works and distinguish low quality web pages from high quality ones.

Payments are regular.

ConsFirst you have to pass the test which is not easy at all and it takes a lot of time to prepare it (and time spending doing this test is not payed). There's no a minimum task quantity guaranteed, so sometimes you have 20 minutes, sometimes 2 hours of work per day.

The tasks are not always available, you have to spend loads of time to "catch" them. If you have kids to pick up from school or something to do in certain hours, be sure that tasks will become available just when you have to go out.

It's not always easy to figure out what you are asked to do, as their guidelines change constantly and reading them takes you other time which, of course, is not payed.

You have to do 200 tasks in 30 days, otherwise you get removed from the project you were working on.

As an independent contractor, there's no chance to grow. Even if you reach some important results, you never get promoted or rewarded in other ways.

As somebody said before, you can't work in another country. If, for some reason, you have to go out of the country you were assigned for, you can't work.

Advice to Senior ManagementPersonal growth and real promotions.

Rock and a Hard Place

Search Engine Evaluator (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsOutstanding pay
    No need to commute, so no wasting of expensive gas
    Able to work from home

ConsMost of us complete the work that we are given until there is no more work available to be done, am I right? Please keep that in mind as you continue reading, as this pertains to those who have work ethic (i.e. you do your work as opposed to avoiding it).

There is a minimum monthly target, which you can meet if you are allowed by the Leapforce system to perform enough work. If you've performed all of the work that you had available to you that day (even working EVERY SINGLE DAY), yet have not hit that monthly target, then you can be penalized for that. What this means is that you will have to jump through hoops to get paid for the work that you have completed, even though not hitting your target was not in your control. This may be an especially difficult issue for those who are starting with a low daily time limit and/or are restricted in the amount of work they are given per diem.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore leniency towards those who are starting out with restricted time, taking into consideration that as they are getting the hang of the job, they may not be able to hit that monthly target without grossly compromising the quality of work that your client(s) deserve.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Flexibility is Great, but Can become mundane

ProsThe hours are great because you can work anytime you want, as long as tasks are available. I've never had a long period of time where there were no tasks available. Its definitely a great work from home opportunity for those who would not get bored easily.

ConsI'm not aware of having the opportunity for promotion. The training did not help much with helping to become more efficient with the tasks.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter training, maybe even more video training opps and a possible paid training through videos or webinars.

Great opportunity for this SAHM

Search Engine Evaluator (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsI am a current employee of just under a year. This job is fantastic. It is extremely flexible and pays more than most part time jobs- and I do it all from home! If you do this job effectively, you will love it!

ConsThere is a qualification exam and a a steep learning curve to get up and running. Some of the work is tedious.

This is the easiest job I have ever had.

Leapforce Agent (Current Employee) Charleston, WV

ProsThe money is great, the work is very easy, and you are always paid on time. This is the only legitimate work from home job I have ever been a part of and I am loving every minute of it. If you can read and make simple decisions then this job is a breeze!

ConsNone other than no benefits for employees but this is a second job to earn extra cash so benefits should be covered for most. Also, it would be nice to be an actual employee and not a contract employee to alleviate the high income tax assessment for self employment income.

Decent Money

Search Engine Evaluator (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsIf you are good at this job you can make the money you want.
    If you like searching, rating websites this is a great place to work.
    The other contractors are exceptionally helpful.

ConsRepetitive nature.
    Timed work.
    Training on your own time.

Good part time work while in school or looking for career

Independent Contartor (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThis is good work for someone just out of school looking to earn some money while in the middle of their job search. It is also good work for graduate students who tend to need flexible hours from their supplemental employment. I will say, it is probably not the best choice for full time income for families--they have been known to drop people without notice. I never experienced it, but I've heard about it and I would be too paranoid to risk putting all my eggs in the leapforce basket.

This is also a great part time job for someone with a social science background. Having really good working knowledge of social and cultural contexts of search queries and quick research skills makes this job pretty simple. Don't over think it. Just get familiar with the rules and keep it moving.

ConsThe tasks themselves were repetitive and sometimes the rules were confusing. Also, the time limits stressed me out...But I don't think they take it as seriously as all that. Towards the end I was pretty lackadaisical about it and was only working an hour or two a month before they let me go. I might start working for them again...if I can figure out the re-qualification process (it is REALLY opaque).

Advice to Senior Managementyou never speak to anyone from leapforce on the phone, it is always email...they're pretty good about getting back to you but the style is terse, kinda robotic and you don't get a sense they care about you, just what you produce. Which is fine, given the nature of the work but if you need clear guidance or mentorship you will find it frustrating.

Leapforce Rater

Proswork your own hours and good pay

Conssometimes there isn't any work

Good pay for flexible hours. Stay at home dream.

Search Engine Evaluator (Current Employee)

ProsThe opportunity to work from home is great, especially because I can set my own hours. Good communication and the company continues to try and help it's raters improve their skills at rating. Live chats and weekly video conferences help me feel connected to the company.

ConsSomewhat fragile stability in the job. Can be cut at any time. Difficult to pass the exams to be hired.

Worked for Leapforce? Contribute to the Community!