Leapforce Reviews

Updated April 9, 2015
147 reviews filtered by
3.1
Daren Jackson

Pros
  • Its definitely a great work from home opportunity for those who would not get bored easily (in 48 reviews)

• It is also good work for graduate students who tend to need flexible hours from their supplemental employment (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Most times, there are no tasks available (in 7 reviews)

• In no way would working this position for any amount of time contribute to your career (in 6 reviews)

1. Frustrating as a newbie to learn everything, but their support system has improved immensely the past year.

Current Contractor - Search Engine Evaluator in Winder, GA
    Current Contractor - Search Engine Evaluator in Winder, GA

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Set your own hours
    40 hours a week possibility
    Work from home
    No customer relations work
    Good support from higher-ups
    Decent hourly wage

Cons

Periods of low task availability
    Concepts can be difficult to grasp
    6 month contract, renewal depends on performance
    You take out your own taxes
    Wage stays the same unless you're promoted

Advice to Management

Please offer raises to people who stick around, especially given the cost of living going up.

Ok while lasted.

Former Employee - Search Quality Evaluator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Search Quality Evaluator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Leapforce

Pros

Work at home. if have nothing else to do then great, help pass the time and make a little extra money.

Cons

Not enough work. It said when joined would have between 10-25 hours per week but ended up more like 8 hours pert week then also several hours at different times of unpaid new instructions and also that 8 hours paid for was actually like 12 hours worked.

Advice to Management

Don't think of the workers as drones. If we have legitimate complaints please listen to us. We have to spend time that we are not paid for to learn and also not paid for (reduction in amount we make) if we take to long to rate a web page.

Great Flexible company to work for!

Current Employee - Leapforce At Home Agent in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Leapforce At Home Agent in Houston, TX

I have been working at Leapforce

Pros

What's better working at your own time and pay is reasonable for the work you do. Very helpful working option for extra income for stay at home spouses or mommies!

Cons

Reviews are done at random and by email lacking human touch. Hours worked are not always hours paid, meaning, it might take a bit longer to get the tasks accomplished, but you are expected to bill average time required to finish the job.

Advice to Management

Personalized advice to employees for the great and/or poor work from management at least via email will help a lot. I know we are contractors (search engine evaluators), but still would you not like it if we cared about the company as a whole a little better?

5th part time job.

Current Contractor - Search Engine Evaluator in Columbus, OH
    Current Contractor - Search Engine Evaluator in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

You are totally in control of how much you work.

It is crazy hard to get the job!

Cons

The amount you can work is limited. Sometimes there isn't any work for you to do.

It is crazy hard to get the job!

Advice to Management

So far, so good.

Steady, consistent work, but very tedious and boring if you think too much into it.

Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Murfreesboro, TN
    Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Murfreesboro, TN

I have been working at Leapforce

Pros

Choosing your own hours
    Ability to work on a computer, phone, or tablet
    Pay is nice

Cons

Contractor position
    Tedious work that's a bit boring
    Have to pay taxes as a contractor

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to be more direct regarding rehire and to eliminate the net-30 pay rate.

7. Just ok

Former Contractor - Search Engine Evaluator in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Contractor - Search Engine Evaluator in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Leapforce as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Easy, make your own schedule, decent pay for telecommuting job, helpful employee community forums, easy to learn, training available

Cons

Tasks not always available- sit and wait, no feedback, not really sure if management exists, extremely tedious, only one employee per household

Advice to Management

Be present and give feedback, make tasks more consistent during certain hours, pay for training exercises, don't put min time restriction on tasks

8. Leapforce

I have been working at Leapforce

Pros

Its flexible . Good pay for work at home

Cons

only thing is, i am rushed when i work, because i have to complete the work in a short time they give me. And im always rushing to make deadline and it makes it hard to give an accurate result. Then they give me scores every month with gets really scarey being that those scores are what determine if your contract get renewed or not. Also they do have the power to lock your account so you get no work if you get on their wrong side. Always getting problems with my invoice, because im being told i do more hours and not enough work. Yea, there is no phone contact with the company, only email. I tried contacting them with the phone number i have, no one answered my 100 calls and no one called me back. All in all though,i will not complain, i an greatful, i love working for the company being a new mom, this enables me to work and take care of my baby. And they do pay on time

9. Great pay for work at home job

I worked at Leapforce

Pros

Much higher than minimum wage for work at home
    Flexible hours

Cons

Not very good customer service
    Job could be pulled from you at any time if your quality suffers even a little

Advice to Management

Give people a chance to improve their quality before firing them

10. Not all it is cracked up to be

Former Contractor - Search Engine Evaluator
    Former Contractor - Search Engine Evaluator

I worked at Leapforce as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working from home - this really is the only pro. Seriously look elsewhere before you consider this place.

Cons

Were to start. First off there has been no increase in the hourly rate one can bill in the over 3 years I was with them. They appear much larger than they really are - this is a very small company that hides it's identity of who actually works there extremely well. Do some digging you will see the small office and about 6 employees that actually make up this operation. You are a contractor, which I really have no issue with - learn how to do your taxes and write off the expenses that others complain about. As a contractor, you only get paid when you actually work on tasks, not in learning and studying the copious guidelines that you must master. If you don't, they (not sure if it really a person or simply a PC), will throttle your access down to as little as 1 hour a day. Reviews are random, usually on a 30 day cycle. If you get throttled back, and don't happen to work when there is that specific task that they tagged you on - you stay throttled down. Search engine rating is VERY subjective - but what you are doing is not. Leapforce determines the correct answer, so what you are really doing is taking one long test, task after task, to be sure your rating matches what they have deemed as correct. Get too many answers wrong and there goes your work. If there is a "right" answer - then why even rate? There is absolutely no communication from anyone except general email boxes. In the three years I contracted with them, not a single email sent form the CEO, Daren Jackson. Perhaps at least an annual state of the company, or why the move from the old URL rating to the block utility style. This was rolled out with NO communication and it was a HUGE change in not only task time, but how one had to approach the rating. Invoicing is a joke as well - you have to invoice my day, the actual minutes worked. Their servers already have the information! Why not provide the times to the contractors? Other firms do - and the contractors just have to click to accept. You are on a 6 month contract - that can be cut any time. They will tell you on the Wed before your are to be renewed if you are. Wed. was always a tense day on the internal chat system.

Advice to Management

Daren and the handful of employees - Learn to communicate! Don't be like bots.... be proactive - be human! And why the cut to 40 hours max? If anyone could actually get it. How about some communication around that one at least? Contractors don't get overtime - what is the issue. Again, just a blanket email from Leapforce.

11. A real work from home job

I have been working at Leapforce part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Living wage, make your own schedule, no phone calls required

Cons

hours of unpaid training, delay in hiring process