Leapforce

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Daren Jackson

Pros
  • Its definitely a great work from home opportunity for those who would not get bored easily (in 40 reviews)

• It is also good work for graduate students who tend to need flexible hours from their supplemental employment (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Most times, there are no tasks available (in 7 reviews)

• In no way would working this position for any amount of time contribute to your career (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Good pay for flexible hours. Stay at home dream.

Search Engine Evaluator (Current Employee)

ProsThe opportunity to work from home is great, especially because I can set my own hours. Good communication and the company continues to try and help it's raters improve their skills at rating. Live chats and weekly video conferences help me feel connected to the company.

ConsSomewhat fragile stability in the job. Can be cut at any time. Difficult to pass the exams to be hired.

Contractor

Data Analyst (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsQuick responds. (at least you know what will you do) no game playing... take it of leave it.

ConsCo-ordinator be tween you and the assignment is just a messenger.
    The answer is poetical.. not/no "at the moment" mean no ("forever", I think, or they are not even think/consider about it, the client make them to do, to treat us better)
    The company seemed to me is not a fair company.. Benefit is as minimum as they can give without breaking the law (for us in nothing just the hourly rate). If they can delay increase rate they probably will.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is a world of information.
    Keep the company competitive and work show your contractor why they should come back to you. not because you have job. ... other contractor also have jobs.

Waste of time.

Search Engine Evaluator (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsThe only pro was constant emails. Other than that I cannot say there was any "pros"

ConsThe company provides you with a task (step 1)- True or false, passed. Step 2 requires more work and detail and within 2 mins of submitting my responses I was advised that I am not a good fit. My take on this is that the tasks provided is actual work and the company is looking for responses from individuals without paying any compensation. Feedback provided is minimal and contact information is not provided other than an email. Kind of goes against one of the rules for the evaluation regarding contact information updated and provided on a website. I would never recommend this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop wasting peoples time. Seems more like a scam.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It can be tedious at times, interesting at others.

ProsOn your own time and schedule an independent contractor can log in and perform a limited variety of tasks focused on rating internet search query results.

ConsThere is a (very) limited amount of work. Usually I receive no more than an hour of work per day. Also, you are not paid for time preparing and adapting to new task, which can sometimes be quite significant.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more work to your contractors.

waste of time

Search Engine Evaluator (Current Employee) Waldorf, MD

Prosyou can work on your own time

Consthey don't pay you for the time it takes to make evaluations but for the time it takes someone to write down your findings. They want you to perform high quality work for almost no pay. the allotted time they give you to perform the tasks is not a reasonable or realistic amount of time to perform the task. Every time I turn in an invoice there is back and forth negotiation because they deny my hours every time. I spent too much of my time providing quality work for them to pay me even less than the allotted time

Advice to Senior Managementpay your employees what they deserve

The company wants their cake and eat it too. In other words, are you willing to work for free?

Prosit would be nice to work at home. i guess you just have to start your own business and forget about unethical companies in corporate america.

Consthey will not pay you for time worked, they will only pay for the time they estimate the task should take. if you get a task done in under the time limit, they will not pay you extra for saving the time. So they want their cake and get to eat your time and resources in the process.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new bean counters to estimate the real-life time it takes to work there.

Good, briefly.

Search Engine Evaluator (Current Employee)

ProsGreat for flexible scheduling, work 20 hours or 5 a week. I've always been paid on time every month. Pay is acceptable compared to other online freelance work.

ConsLong periods where no work is available, without warning or notification of how long there will be no projects. Employee evaluations seem arbitrary, I've gone from excellent to unsatisfactory and back to above average without changing my effort. There aren't many opportunities to improve your role or pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication with Management doesn't really exist, other than form emails. Tell contractors if projects are on hold rather than leaving them in limbo indefinitely.

A very good work-from-home opportunity.

Search Engine Evaluator (Current Employee) Woodland, WA

ProsLeapforce is a great company to work for if you desire a flexible schedule, decent pay, and the ability to work from home.

ConsAs an independent contractor, there is no opportunity to advance in the company. You also have to pay self-employment taxes, which can be burdensome depending on how much you earn. Feedback and instructions can be vaguely worded and difficult to interpret sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more accessible for answering questions from your Search Engine Evaluators.

For retards and masochists only

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou get to see how internet search is actually 'moderated'

ConsAs a wage job you are not rewarded for superseding productivity or quality standards. Therefore, there is no incentive to do anything but the bare minimum, which makes the work incredibly dull.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward above-standard productivity and quality.

great work from home job

At Home Agent (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

Prosflexibility, ease or work and great work life balance

Conslack of growth opportunity and quick removal of tasks for bad evaluations

Advice to Senior Managementpromote and give raises

Worked for Leapforce? Contribute to the Community!