Leapforce Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Okay job for college students

Former Employee - Web Search Evaluator in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Web Search Evaluator in Austin, TX

I worked at Leapforce part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule,
    No commuting,
    No supervisor,
    Good for college students to work at their dorm.

Cons

Not enough work,
    No paid training,
    Exams are lengthy,
    Work can be very tedious sometimes

Ehhh.

Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator
    Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator

I have been working at Leapforce part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They do pay once a month and as long as you have work you can work up to 40 hours a week (once your account hits the unrestricted status). You can work your own hours as long as there is work, which there hasn't been most of the weekend.

Cons

Sure, this is a great job for stay-at-home moms who have babysitters. You cannot work this job with kids running around in the background. You just can't. You either have to wake up at the crack of dawn and try to work before the kids awake, or you have to do it when your husband gets home or after you put your kids to bed. I am lucky if I get 10 hours a week because my husband works all the time and isn't home until late. So I don't get to work until after he gets home. I'm not going to pay a babysitter to watch my kids during the day making 13.50 an hour. It's nice to get paid but when it's once a month and you submit your invoice on the first of the month and don't get paid until the 21st, that sucks! You have to

Advice to Management

Make the pay weekly like ZeroChaos does! Seriously! The training should be paid for and so should all the time spent learning new tasks.

Decent Money

Former Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Leapforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are good at this job you can make the money you want.
    If you like searching, rating websites this is a great place to work.
    The other contractors are exceptionally helpful.

Cons

Repetitive nature.
    Timed work.
    Training on your own time.

Leapforce Rater

I have been working at Leapforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work your own hours and good pay

Cons

sometimes there isn't any work

Strong work for part-time income.

Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Leapforce part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Remote work with flexible schedule.

Cons

Some of the tasks take a while to develop the skills to rate them accurately.

Advice to Management

Better email communication would help but overall they are consistent will the more important communications.

Good part time work while in school or looking for career

Former Employee - Independent Contartor in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Independent Contartor in Washington, DC

I worked at Leapforce part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is good work for someone just out of school looking to earn some money while in the middle of their job search. It is also good work for graduate students who tend to need flexible hours from their supplemental employment. I will say, it is probably not the best choice for full time income for families--they have been known to drop people without notice. I never experienced it, but I've heard about it and I would be too paranoid to risk putting all my eggs in the leapforce basket.

This is also a great part time job for someone with a social science background. Having really good working knowledge of social and cultural contexts of search queries and quick research skills makes this job pretty simple. Don't over think it. Just get familiar with the rules and keep it moving.

Cons

The tasks themselves were repetitive and sometimes the rules were confusing. Also, the time limits stressed me out...But I don't think they take it as seriously as all that. Towards the end I was pretty lackadaisical about it and was only working an hour or two a month before they let me go. I might start working for them again...if I can figure out the re-qualification process (it is REALLY opaque).

Advice to Management

you never speak to anyone from leapforce on the phone, it is always email...they're pretty good about getting back to you but the style is terse, kinda robotic and you don't get a sense they care about you, just what you produce. Which is fine, given the nature of the work but if you need clear guidance or mentorship you will find it frustrating.

8. Contractor

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Leapforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Quick responds. (at least you know what will you do) no game playing... take it of leave it.

Cons

Co-ordinator be tween you and the assignment is just a messenger.
    The answer is poetical.. not/no "at the moment" mean no ("forever", I think, or they are not even think/consider about it, the client make them to do, to treat us better)
    The company seemed to me is not a fair company.. Benefit is as minimum as they can give without breaking the law (for us in nothing just the hourly rate). If they can delay increase rate they probably will.

Advice to Management

This is a world of information.
    Keep the company competitive and work show your contractor why they should come back to you. not because you have job. ... other contractor also have jobs.

Waste of time.

Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Leapforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro was constant emails. Other than that I cannot say there was any "pros"

Cons

The company provides you with a task (step 1)- True or false, passed. Step 2 requires more work and detail and within 2 mins of submitting my responses I was advised that I am not a good fit. My take on this is that the tasks provided is actual work and the company is looking for responses from individuals without paying any compensation. Feedback provided is minimal and contact information is not provided other than an email. Kind of goes against one of the rules for the evaluation regarding contact information updated and provided on a website. I would never recommend this company.

Advice to Management

Stop wasting peoples time. Seems more like a scam.

It can be tedious at times, interesting at others.

I have been working at Leapforce

Pros

On your own time and schedule an independent contractor can log in and perform a limited variety of tasks focused on rating internet search query results.

Cons

There is a (very) limited amount of work. Usually I receive no more than an hour of work per day. Also, you are not paid for time preparing and adapting to new task, which can sometimes be quite significant.

Advice to Management

Provide more work to your contractors.

A real online job that actually pays. Get hired based on your ability to pass 3 exams

Current Employee - Search Engine Rater in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Search Engine Rater in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Leapforce part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are able to choose your own hours and the work is easy and you do get paid for a true online job. No phone work, all online.

Cons

Sometimes there are no tasks available. You can only work a maximum of 40 hours. Quality feedback is sometimes confusing but the new interface is much better.

Advice to Management

More contests and incentives. Contine to improve the feedback

RSS Feed </> Embed