Leapforce

Updated December 9, 2014
Updated December 9, 2014
3.2

Daren Jackson

Pros
  • Its definitely a great work from home opportunity for those who would not get bored easily (in 48 reviews)

• It is also good work for graduate students who tend to need flexible hours from their supplemental employment (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Most times, there are no tasks available (in 7 reviews)

• In no way would working this position for any amount of time contribute to your career (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great opportunity for this SAHM

Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I am a current employee of just under a year. This job is fantastic. It is extremely flexible and pays more than most part time jobs- and I do it all from home! If you do this job effectively, you will love it!

Cons

There is a qualification exam and a a steep learning curve to get up and running. Some of the work is tedious.

Flexibility is Great, but Can become mundane

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The hours are great because you can work anytime you want, as long as tasks are available. I've never had a long period of time where there were no tasks available. Its definitely a great work from home opportunity for those who would not get bored easily.

Cons

I'm not aware of having the opportunity for promotion. The training did not help much with helping to become more efficient with the tasks.

Better training, maybe even more video training opps and a possible paid training through videos or webinars.

Leapforce Rater

I have been working at Leapforce full-time (more than an year)

Pros

work your own hours and good pay

Cons

sometimes there isn't any work

Strong work for part-time income.

Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Leapforce part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Remote work with flexible schedule.

Cons

Some of the tasks take a while to develop the skills to rate them accurately.

Better email communication would help but overall they are consistent will the more important communications.

Good part time work while in school or looking for career

Former Employee - Independent Contartor in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Independent Contartor in Washington, DC

I worked at Leapforce part-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is good work for someone just out of school looking to earn some money while in the middle of their job search. It is also good work for graduate students who tend to need flexible hours from their supplemental employment. I will say, it is probably not the best choice for full time income for families--they have been known to drop people without notice. I never experienced it, but I've heard about it and I would be too paranoid to risk putting all my eggs in the leapforce basket.

This is also a great part time job for someone with a social science background. Having really good working knowledge of social and cultural contexts of search queries and quick research skills makes this job pretty simple. Don't over think it. Just get familiar with the rules and keep it moving.

Cons

The tasks themselves were repetitive and sometimes the rules were confusing. Also, the time limits stressed me out...But I don't think they take it as seriously as all that. Towards the end I was pretty lackadaisical about it and was only working an hour or two a month before they let me go. I might start working for them again...if I can figure out the re-qualification process (it is REALLY opaque).

you never speak to anyone from leapforce on the phone, it is always email...they're pretty good about getting back to you but the style is terse, kinda robotic and you don't get a sense they care about you, just what you produce. Which is fine, given the nature of the work but if you need clear guidance or mentorship you will find it frustrating.

Good pay for flexible hours. Stay at home dream.

Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator
    Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The opportunity to work from home is great, especially because I can set my own hours. Good communication and the company continues to try and help it's raters improve their skills at rating. Live chats and weekly video conferences help me feel connected to the company.

Cons

Somewhat fragile stability in the job. Can be cut at any time. Difficult to pass the exams to be hired.

Waste of time.

Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Leapforce full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only pro was constant emails. Other than that I cannot say there was any "pros"

Cons

The company provides you with a task (step 1)- True or false, passed. Step 2 requires more work and detail and within 2 mins of submitting my responses I was advised that I am not a good fit. My take on this is that the tasks provided is actual work and the company is looking for responses from individuals without paying any compensation. Feedback provided is minimal and contact information is not provided other than an email. Kind of goes against one of the rules for the evaluation regarding contact information updated and provided on a website. I would never recommend this company.

Stop wasting peoples time. Seems more like a scam.

Contractor

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Leapforce full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Quick responds. (at least you know what will you do) no game playing... take it of leave it.

Cons

Co-ordinator be tween you and the assignment is just a messenger.
    The answer is poetical.. not/no "at the moment" mean no ("forever", I think, or they are not even think/consider about it, the client make them to do, to treat us better)
    The company seemed to me is not a fair company.. Benefit is as minimum as they can give without breaking the law (for us in nothing just the hourly rate). If they can delay increase rate they probably will.

This is a world of information.
    Keep the company competitive and work show your contractor why they should come back to you. not because you have job. ... other contractor also have jobs.

great work from home job

Current Employee - At Home Agent in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - At Home Agent in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

flexibility, ease or work and great work life balance

Cons

lack of growth opportunity and quick removal of tasks for bad evaluations

promote and give raises

waste of time

Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Waldorf, MD
    Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluator in Waldorf, MD

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

you can work on your own time

Cons

they don't pay you for the time it takes to make evaluations but for the time it takes someone to write down your findings. They want you to perform high quality work for almost no pay. the allotted time they give you to perform the tasks is not a reasonable or realistic amount of time to perform the task. Every time I turn in an invoice there is back and forth negotiation because they deny my hours every time. I spent too much of my time providing quality work for them to pay me even less than the allotted time

pay your employees what they deserve