Leapfrog Online

Add Photos

Dave Husain

Great Place to Be

I have been working at Leapfrog Online full-time for more than a year

ProsPerhaps more than any organization I have been a part of, Leapfrog Online staffs the entire business with smart, passionate, hard working people who are committed to collaboration and results. More importantly, it's a team filled with good, well-intentioned people. There's incredible respect for one another, a commitment to work-life balance, and a confidence in the strength and integrity of the team. This is a great place to learn, grow, and deliver impact.

ConsAt times, collaboration and consensus eclipse decisiveness and quick impact. While there are benefits to building consensus, it's important to balance this against market opportunity and urgency.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have built a terrific team that's poised to drive innovation and impact. Keep doing what you're doing to provide them with the opportunity to collaborate, recommend new directions, scale and grow.

Great Place To Be

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Leapfrog Online full-time

ProsGreat place to learn and grow as a digital marketer. Great employees and leadership across all teams.

ConsCould improve on the career training and development sessions/opportunities

Great place to work

I have been working at Leapfrog Online

Pros-You will constantly be surrounded by smart people who want to help you in your career. It is an atmosphere of growth, both at a company-wide and individual level.

-It's a young and energetic workforce working in a dynamic industry

-There is a sense of drive and ownership at every level. Even more junior positions see the effect their work has on the company

-Start-up feel with stability of an almost 20 year old company.

-Unique work space that has been recently renovated

-You will interact with all levels of the organization on a daily basis, VPs, directors, managers, etc. Regardless of Seniority, your voice is heard and appreciated.

ConsAs it is a growing company, there is an opportunity to provide more structure and process within teams and as an entire organization. Employees who like to drive and own their work will do well here, but if you require detailed instruction at every step, Leapfrog probably isn't for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Smart engaged people, challenging work, good balance

I have been working at Leapfrog Online full-time

ProsGreat people to work with all around.

Exciting to be working on some cutting edge projects in a business that is really growing.

Excellent work life balance/perspective.

Upper management is approachable and invested. They are not perfect, but they genuinely seem to believe in building a workplace that fosters acceptance, accountability, growth and success - company and individual.

Generous Benefits (but the 401k match/vesting which could be better)

ConsTendency to decisions by committee and/or get too much in our own way.

Fair amount of growing pains recently as we struggle to staff up against increasing levels of client engagement/changing client needs.

Other reviews have mentioned attrition as an issue, but honestly, it is not any more than any other company I have worked for. Also there are far more people who have been here 5+ yrs than anywhere else I have worked - that is both a pro and a con in my book.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in our growth.

Not the best place to work - Serious management concerns

Product Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Leapfrog Online full-time for more than a year

ProsCompensation and the 9 to 5 experience.
Free food & Beverages

ConsUpper management is generally not concerned about the future of the company
Insane turnover

Recent lawsuit filed against the company that is probably true based on the manager involved who no longer works here just adds to the negative publicity of the company as a whole.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally need to figure out why so many people leave the company and how to retain them.

Skip Over on Leapfrog Online

I have been working at Leapfrog Online full-time for more than a year

ProsIf you are into some of the niceties like free coffee, sodas and Bagel Fridays, those are some seriously cool things about the work environment. Most of the developers are pretty smart people and pretty young. It has the hip software company feel. They have pretty active social/afterwork program for people with time and interest in participating.

ConsSeveral of the people at LFO are just plan not nice to work with. They have their redeeming moments, but for the most part everyone feeds off each other's negativity. The negativity and hostility just drains the life out of you.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand why the attrition rate at the end of 2012 exploded and do something about it.

Great people and work/life balance, but lacked in the personal communication department.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Leapfrog Online

Prosgreat people and work/life balance
hard working teams
general feeling that everyone wanted to create the best products possible

Conscommunication between teams was lacking, but actions for improvement were in place towards the end of my employment

Dissatisfied, bad morale and high turnover

I have been working at Leapfrog Online

ProsPeople are great to work with

ConsLack of growth opportunities, bonuses never paid out, high turnover, low morale, location. Company has done nothing to address employee dissatisfaction in recent years.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to engage employees on initiatives from the start , not after direction is already decided by upper management. Need to boost morale with company activities and employee recognition.

Worked for Leapfrog Online? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Leapfrog Online reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Leapfrog Online CEO Dave Husain. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Leapfrog Online employees.