LearnVest Reviews

1 Rating

Love LearnVest

Current Employee - Financial Planning Associate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Financial Planning Associate in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at LearnVest full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you want to work for a company that has a passion for helping the middle class with financial plans, then LearnVest is the company to work for. The company is very innovative, fast-moving, and I can foresee LearnVest growing and expanding even more so than it has already. I have wanted to work for this company for awhile now and I am so happy to now be able to work for this great company now that there is an office in Arizona.

Cons

This is a start-up so it isn't a regular 9-5 job which is explained up-front in the interview process. This is great, though, for those that are entrepreneurial-minded and want to learn lots and grow in their careers.

Never Given a Chance

Former Employee - Planning Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Planning Sales Associate

I worked at LearnVest full-time for less than a year

Pros

Snacks in the office, nice office, good hours, relaxed setting

Cons

I was let go to make room for a friend of the manager. I was very successful in my preparation for the series 65 test, and was nearly perfect on my practice tests, but was let go without cause, when others in the company had failed the test multiple times.

Hire more intelligent people to manage your sales department, who will not let people go who have not even taken the test yet, when there are other unintelligent people working for the company who have failed multiple times.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at LearnVest full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are awesome, everyone is willing to help each other out. You get to work with some very smart people and be the forefront of a new industry. If you're type A that loves to succeed and be noticed, this is a great place to sink your teeth into.

Cons

Hours are typical of a start up 9-7 but a lot of people work much later and on weekends. Bathrooms less then desirable. Very little career development opportunities.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fantastic learning opportunity with open-minded tech management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at LearnVest

Pros

Excellent focus on tech, UX, and design. The folks involved in both are sterling and some of the smartest people I've worked with. Tech leadership encourages learning and experimentation and are keen on moving to the top of the field. Company happy hours encourage good rapport between coworkers.

Cons

Bonuses were pegged to overall company performance metrics that were hazily defined. Opportunities for increased compensation are rare. Not much interaction between product team and developers. 10-hour days not uncommon. Current QA practices could be improved.

You have a lot of smart and eager people working for you. Compensate them well so that you can hold on to their talent.

Excellent place to learn and experience startup culture

I worked at LearnVest

Pros

Bright, motivated staff and fun company get-togethers make LearnVest a dynamic, exciting place to work. I had many opportunities to work independently, but I also benefited from interacting with the rest of the team.

Cons

The hours can be long. I typically worked from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Assignments can be demanding, as well, but my team members were willing to offer help if I needed it.

Worked for LearnVest? Contribute to the Community!