Learning Care Group

Updated August 30, 2014
2.8

Learning Care Group CEO Barbara J. Beck
Barbara J. Beck

It was a good place to work at one time

Former Employee - Director  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Director in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Learning Care Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The location I worked at had a good reputation.

Cons

Keep asking more and more of directors in their daily duties plus asking them to help at other schools

Remember people are what makes parents feel comfortable bringing their kids.

fast paced work environment, some co-workers very supportive, great director. director is easy to talk to and may suppo

Current Employee - Lead Teacher  in  Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

definitely room for personal growth within the building, company values are good. the key word here is-company, for profit company. does have the best development and growth of children in mind with the curriculum they present.

Cons

a one hour lunch break that is not needed. some co-workers do not need to take a break while the director makes others take a full hour break daily. the scheduling of staff within building is always askew. not enough staff, too many staffed. No consistent schedule for staff.

allow directors to set a regular work schedule for lead teachers so there is no confusion for the children. They are always asking why the lead teacher is late, what took lead teacher so long to get here today. Kids need routine and structure within their classroom environment.

It's the right place for the right person

Former Employee - District Manager
    Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at Learning Care Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can feel good about what you are doing, but you need to know what you are getting into before you sign up. The ECE space is not exactly a career rocket ship. If you can feel good about making a difference for young children and families, and that's enough, it's a great place.

Cons

There is little room for upward movement. Mid level management is very controlling/micromanaging.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A company to watch

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Novi, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very family-friendly environment, reasonable hours and fun atmosphere. Lots of employee events and recognition and the exposure to management is really rare. Many changes had to be made to get back on track after the recession but now the company is rocking and an exciting place to be.

Cons

Getting across the intersection of 8 mile & Haggerty! No cafeteria and the office is a bit dated.

Keep it coming!

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Novi, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

As an employee of the corporate office, I love it here. My Manager listens to our ideas, is always open to trying new things and is on top of current trends in our field. Upper Management makes themselves extremely visible both here at corporate as well as in our schools. I find there to be many opportunities for growth within the company as well.

Cons

Benefits are a bit pricey, and vacation time is not the best.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Too much bureaucracy, not enough fun

I worked at Learning Care Group full-time

Pros

Friendly people, casual Fridays (jeans woooo!), good salary for specialist positions.

Cons

"Stuffy" VERY corporate environment. Great if you're in your late 30's early 40's with 2 kids at home. Management seems to be more interested in herding cattle and making employees follow process than changing the process to suit the goals of the company.

HR needs to get with the times and take the happiness of employees into account. I can almost guarantee if you polled the office to see how many people love their job, you would get a very low positive response. You can't retain top talent without trusting your employees.

Typical child care company, only cares about money

Current Employee - Lead Teacher  in  Bloomfield Township, MI
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Bloomfield Township, MI

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice co-workers, love the kids

Cons

Time required for planning off the clock, have to spend own money on class supply, corporate structure- only care about money

Great place to work at

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Novi, MI
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Novi, MI

I worked at Learning Care Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good experience, great people, a lots of good projects

Cons

Low Pay, bad benifits, a lot of work

Offer better(market rate) compensation to employees that have been working there for a long time.

Someone is making money, but it's not the hard working teachers!

I worked at Learning Care Group

Pros

Good staff, and kids. This is a very hard spot to fill up with pros because sadly, there aren't many.

Cons

Low pay, no raises, management gets special treatment, and the real workers (the teachers) aren't recognized for all their work. Corporate expects the world of you, but we are not given the time, or materials to run a successful classroom.

Get out of the "corporate office" and into the classroom to see what really needs to be changed to run a successful business. If the parents of these children knew that half the time the classrooms were under staffed, and no materials to complete curriculum they would not send their child to one of Learning Care Groups schools.

Not a terrible experience, but not a great one.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Novi, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

I worked at Learning Care Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast-paced environment, people who genuinely care about the industry, (some) leaders who genuine care about their people.

Cons

Poor leadership at mid-management level, poor communication from the executive team, very "by the book" with little room for creativity, overall morale in the corporate office was disheartening.

Worked for Learning Care Group? Contribute to the Community!