Learning Care Group

Learning Care Group Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Learning Care Group CEO Barbara J. Beck

Barbara J. Beck

fast paced work environment, some co-workers very supportive, great director. director is easy to talk to and may suppo

Lead Teacher (Current Employee) Farmington Hills, MI

Prosdefinitely room for personal growth within the building, company values are good. the key word here is-company, for profit company. does have the best development and growth of children in mind with the curriculum they present.

Consa one hour lunch break that is not needed. some co-workers do not need to take a break while the director makes others take a full hour break daily. the scheduling of staff within building is always askew. not enough staff, too many staffed. No consistent schedule for staff.

Advice to Senior Managementallow directors to set a regular work schedule for lead teachers so there is no confusion for the children. They are always asking why the lead teacher is late, what took lead teacher so long to get here today. Kids need routine and structure within their classroom environment.

It's the right place for the right person

District Manager (Former Employee)

ProsYou can feel good about what you are doing, but you need to know what you are getting into before you sign up. The ECE space is not exactly a career rocket ship. If you can feel good about making a difference for young children and families, and that's enough, it's a great place.

ConsThere is little room for upward movement. Mid level management is very controlling/micromanaging.

A company to watch

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Novi, MI

ProsVery family-friendly environment, reasonable hours and fun atmosphere. Lots of employee events and recognition and the exposure to management is really rare. Many changes had to be made to get back on track after the recession but now the company is rocking and an exciting place to be.

ConsGetting across the intersection of 8 mile & Haggerty! No cafeteria and the office is a bit dated.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it coming!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Novi, MI

ProsAs an employee of the corporate office, I love it here. My Manager listens to our ideas, is always open to trying new things and is on top of current trends in our field. Upper Management makes themselves extremely visible both here at corporate as well as in our schools. I find there to be many opportunities for growth within the company as well.

ConsBenefits are a bit pricey, and vacation time is not the best.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

Too much bureaucracy, not enough fun

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly people, casual Fridays (jeans woooo!), good salary for specialist positions.

Cons"Stuffy" VERY corporate environment. Great if you're in your late 30's early 40's with 2 kids at home. Management seems to be more interested in herding cattle and making employees follow process than changing the process to suit the goals of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementHR needs to get with the times and take the happiness of employees into account. I can almost guarantee if you polled the office to see how many people love their job, you would get a very low positive response. You can't retain top talent without trusting your employees.

Typical child care company, only cares about money

Lead Teacher (Current Employee) Bloomfield Township, MI

ProsNice co-workers, love the kids

ConsTime required for planning off the clock, have to spend own money on class supply, corporate structure- only care about money

Great place to work at

Project Manager (Former Employee) Novi, MI

ProsGood experience, great people, a lots of good projects

ConsLow Pay, bad benifits, a lot of work

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer better(market rate) compensation to employees that have been working there for a long time.

Someone is making money, but it's not the hard working teachers!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood staff, and kids. This is a very hard spot to fill up with pros because sadly, there aren't many.

ConsLow pay, no raises, management gets special treatment, and the real workers (the teachers) aren't recognized for all their work. Corporate expects the world of you, but we are not given the time, or materials to run a successful classroom.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of the "corporate office" and into the classroom to see what really needs to be changed to run a successful business. If the parents of these children knew that half the time the classrooms were under staffed, and no materials to complete curriculum they would not send their child to one of Learning Care Groups schools.

Not a terrible experience, but not a great one.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Novi, MI

ProsFast-paced environment, people who genuinely care about the industry, (some) leaders who genuine care about their people.

ConsPoor leadership at mid-management level, poor communication from the executive team, very "by the book" with little room for creativity, overall morale in the corporate office was disheartening.

Happy I found LCG

Information Technology (Current Employee) Novi, MI

ProsThe people are great
    The work environment is much better than anything I have experienced in last 35 years (Automotive)
    Pay is equal to or greater than Industry Standards for my position
    Headquarters located in a nice suburban setting
    Monthly communication meetings with top level management that include employee recognition
    Recognition by Management when performing above expectations

ConsStability of the manager position of my department. 5 Managers in 2 years
    Benefits besides pay are probably on the low side, but this may be due to the bad economic times we all just went through
    Too much overtime, but my manger makes sure that I get comp time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep an eye on the benefits and try to improve them

Worked for Learning Care Group? Contribute to the Community!