Learning Care Group Reviews

1. Not a career

Former Employee - Teacher Assistant in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Teacher Assistant in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Learning Care Group

Pros

Interacting with children no weekends no late nights

Cons

Low Pay no support teacher turnover lack of hours

Advice to Management

Be more supportive

Feels like home

Current Employee - Academy Director in Fenton, MO
    Current Employee - Academy Director in Fenton, MO

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I recently left a company after nearly 25 years. The company went in a direction that was unfavorable and was negatively changing at a drastic rate. It was time to go for myself and many of my peers as well. Learning Care Group has the values that I had grown to admire within my previous company. CEO and Upper management very approachable and wants to make you succeed. Very supportive on all levels. It was extremely refreshing as well as a little disturbing to go to a training at support central and meet so many individuals who also had left me former company. It was eye opening and confirming that I had made the right decision. I highly recommend this company

Cons

None I can think of at all! This company has yet to give me a con.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing by making your employees feel supported and heard.

Assistant Director

Current Employee - Assistant Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time

Pros

The company has great programs and tools for teachers to use for educating children. Support central is amazing! Everything you need is only a few clicks away. It's very easy to move within or up in the company.

Cons

There is so much unnecessary paperwork that is supposed to keep the children safe, but if I'm doing paperwork all day how am I able to supervise and educate the children. The wages are very low but they expect you to do way to much that it's no where close to being worth it.

Advice to Management

Care about the employees! Understand that the company asks a lot from the teachers but are not willing to pay the teachers a decent wage. The turn over is so great because the employees feel as though no one cares about them. Pay the teachers what they are worth, without teachers this company would be nothing. Management in the centers are very underpaid for everything they are expected to do. They are people too and should not have to work 12 hour shifts to cover classrooms because we can't keep staff happy since they are not paid enough and still have to get that report in on time. It should be more than just about your numbers and waste of time reports. Sugar is a headache that has many flaws. ATS is supposed to help find staff but is not always helpful. It's supposed to weed out "unfit" candidates, but still shows them in the system, why would you show me someone that is not able to be hired? That assessment is not very accurate either, some of the ones that pass it are the worst candidates. They have high marks in reliability but are the no call no shows, and I feel that we pass over some amazing candidates because they are not computer savvy or great test takers. Also the people that are making policies or coming up with programs to make it "easier" for the centers should probably have worked with young children and try it out before they roll it out. Just because it sounds like a great idea does NOT mean that it works in real life situations.

5. I've worked for this company for 26 years and they are the right place for kids.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beavercreek, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beavercreek, OH

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The Executive Team are on the right path.

Cons

Low pay and high expectations

6. Bad company to work for

I have been working at Learning Care Group

Pros

Childcare discount Free lunches The kids you will me. Some parents are very understanding

Cons

Transitioning of kids High turnover rate Low pay Management is messy

Advice to Management

Be professional!

7. Good experience

Former Employee - Academy Director in Voorhees, NJ
    Former Employee - Academy Director in Voorhees, NJ

I worked at Learning Care Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family oriented. No weekends. Fun environment, house are pretty good. Pay was great. Nice benefits

Cons

Upper management puts way too much stress on you. All about numbers and not about the families and the kids.

Advice to Management

Focus on the staff, families and kids who make your schools so great.

8. Lead Teacher

Former Employee - Lead Teacher
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher

I worked at Learning Care Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Environment will reflect demographic of site city. Chooses an accredited center. With advance notice time off requested is generally approved.

Cons

Lazy teachers and assistants, when a school is not accredited. Older schools that are not accredited and in lower demographic areas use less money to improve the schools overall look. Teachers are given very little time to complete classroom paperwork or preparation for activities. Pay increases and wages are far behind standard of living for Orange County.

Childtime is a great company with a lot of great staff and opportunities for children!

I have been working at Learning Care Group

Pros

Great environment for kids, friendly staff, reasonable prices, and the summer packet includes a lot of educational lesson plans for the kids to do during their off time.

Cons

The student to teacher ratio for children 5+ is 14:1 which can reasonable, but ages 2-5 is 12:1 which is a high for that age group.

"Okay" job, pay should be higher

I worked at Learning Care Group

Pros

good benefits, required monthly trainings

Cons

low pay, with little to no raises , questionable management

Very chaotic. We're low on employees so we are constantly bumping and moving children around.

Current Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the family and creative learning environment.

Cons

Unorganized, low pay, and lack of director employee communication.

Advice to Management

Better empathy shown towards employees. More encouragement and communication to employees about what to expect and how the center could be better. Only bumping and moving kids when necessary.

RSS Feed </> Embed