Learning Sciences International

Updated July 22, 2014
Updated July 22, 2014
3.6

CEO

Freedom to do the work I am passionate about!

Current Employee - Staff Developer  in  Pasco, FL
    Current Employee - Staff Developer in Pasco, FL

I have been working at Learning Sciences International as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

People are kind and good at what they do. I enjoy traveling and meeting new people and supporting them with learning and using the framework. I learn just as much from them then they do of me.

Cons

Being away from my children and husband for 2-3 days a week is difficult emotionally, but I am home full time on those remaining 4 days and give them my all!

Management is so kind and open to ideas. I don't have any issues.

Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Learning Sciences International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Always interesting projects to work on. Great co-workers who are very intelligent and supportive.

Cons

The company is growing so you need to be prepared to re-prioritize your deadlines.

Keep including employees in decision making process.

Great place to learn and grow.

Former Employee - Consultant  in  York, PA
    Former Employee - Consultant in York, PA

I worked at Learning Sciences International full-time for more than a year

Pros

I didn't know anything about business as I was an educator. I grew immensely at this company.

Cons

There was one person who was difficult to work with. The owners were sensitive to this and readily took care of the situation.

Thank you for the opportunity.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Blairsville is a mess and full of judgmental people with more hubris and pride than knowledge or ability

Former Employee - Accounting/Human Resources  in  Blairsville, PA
    Former Employee - Accounting/Human Resources in Blairsville, PA

I worked at Learning Sciences International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent salary for the area.

Cons

Terribly messy start to the company and how it's data was handled. No policies were in place for years and now anyone new that attempts to clean it up pays the price. Pride, judgment and insecurity get in the way of change and progress. This is speaking mostly for the Blairsville, PA office but this type of culture is like a disease that will eventually kill any growth and ultimately, the business.

There is a mess that will take an honest look and everyone will need to take responsibility for cleaning up.

complete waste of time

I worked at Learning Sciences International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The job was terrible. I was lied to every step of the way by the brothers who managed the company. It became apparent that the only reason for the companies existence was for their profit and ego. No vision, no real opportunity, no professional growth....just two greedy hustlers using others talent to attain what they don't deserve.

Cons

What can I say, you've read the Pro's. This whole operation is not real, and very close to being a scam in so far as what they claim to do be able to do and what actually is done is as different as night and day. Hopelessly dead end situation.

Management does not believe in taking advise, which coincidentally is why they are failing.

How refreshing - My thinking really matters!

Current Employee - Product Development Manager  in  Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Current Employee - Product Development Manager in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Pros

Work hours are flexible, work location is flexible, technology is up-to-date and used in all facets of the job.

Cons

Sometimes there are "rush" jobs that need to be done with a very close deadline. And failing to turn out a product that is sub-par is definitely NOT an option.

It would be helpful if there were structures in place to provide all employees with feedback on performance at certain time milestones - 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, then annually.

Smart colleagues, great teamwork, excellent working conditions

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I have been working at Learning Sciences International full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company has a mostly flat structure with very little middle management. Employees are self directed. Colleagues are smart, helpful, and work well in teams. The company mission is well articulated. And the industry is an exciting one. Highly recommended.

Cons

Very few. Employees who need a lot of direction probably wouldn't function optimally here.

Working at Learning Sciences International was a terrible experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Blairsville, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blairsville, PA

I worked at Learning Sciences International

Pros

Some co-workers were nice to work with. Unfortunately I cannot say the same for the management of this small company. Free coffee was nice.

Cons

Management (which consists of the two owners, who are also brothers) is completely oblivious as to what it takes to make (and keep) employees happy. This is a very small company but the owners' walk around acting like they are Bill Gates or Steve Jobs (RIP). It's comical.

Owners are very judgmental and opinionated. If you make one bad impression, there's no redeeming yourself. These impressions are completely un-related to your work, it's their impression of you, yourself.

Very tight leash for employees. I've seen it many times. It's sad.

Management is very bad at reaching out to other companies and organizations to collaborate with. Management has terrible communication skills which hurts this company very much. Unless changes are made, this company will not survive much longer.

Hire employees that are capable of doing their job instead of young, inexperienced recent graduates that you can employ at a cheaper price. Want quality work? Hire quality workers.

Be considerate of employees' time outside of the office. Just because the owners devote 100% of their time to the company does not mean employees have to or want to. Many people have families, let them be with their families.

It was extremely difficult to get time off- no matter the occasion. Family emergency, health reasons, etc. Management didn't want to hear it. They believed you're an employee, this is your life, so be at work.

The pay is way below average. Granted the offices are located in Blairsville, PA and York, PA so you can't expect a high salary but the money they offer compared to industry standards is a crime.

You need to completely change your approach or your small company will fall apart. Start treating your employess better as well. Working for you was the worst experience of my life.

Research Writer

I have been working at Learning Sciences International

Pros

LSI lives up to its own beliefs about employees and how they should be developed. They coached and created successes for me to be able to create final products. If I had not believed in the research and professional base of their company, I would not have applied for the job. Peers have been friendly and helpful

Cons

In any new position, there are learning curves, but that is not a con.

Worked for Learning Sciences International? Contribute to the Community!