Leavitt Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dane Leavitt

Broker

ProsFamily owned, treated well, good company support, excellent company values and corporate culture. Pay, incentives and company benefits are very good. Good Sales support and marketing support.

ConsHeadquarters is located in remote area of Utah.

Small shop attitude places a cap on potential.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGreat benefits package, small agency feel with large corporate backing.

ConsAs a woman, you are limited on that they will let you achieve. Plan on having the LDS Church brought up at every meeting, scriptures quoted and Mormon conference talks referenced.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeparate Church and State, start at the top.

Excellent Company to Work For

ProsWith locations all across the nation, there are opportunities to work in a variety of places to fit the needs of many employees. Work/life balance is achievable. A variety of tools and resources are in place to aid in the success of any employee. Family values are strong. Ethical company with high expectation for integrity and hard work of all employees. Fun place to work with opportunities to contribute to the betterment of the company as well as the community. Employee wellness is supported and rewarded with fun and effective wellness programs.

ConsThey do have an employee health plan, but it isn't great. It transitioned from traditional to high deductible recently and isn't really the best fit for the employee demographic. Upper management thinks it is great but they are in an older demographic than many of the other employees who are still raising young families. A high deductible health plan isn't great for young families on a lower income who are still having babies. The pay is good but could be better. They offer a bonus incentive plan based on profits but the profit goals haven't been met in the past five (plus) years so no profit bonuses have been paid.

Advice to Senior ManagementThough the profit bonus plan is revised every year, it isn't motivating to employees because the profit goals outlined in the plan haven't been met for so many years and no bonuses have been paid. It is hard to set realistic goals and work toward achieving them when we are so busy taking care of the normal day-to-day demands of our jobs and we have no incentive to work toward meeting goals since no bonuses have been paid.

Centralize the recruiting process. Many times there are new employees announced at employee meetings, but none of us were ever aware there were job openings. Some current employees are interested in advancement but are never made aware of openings they might be interested in. Other employees know of people who would be a great fit for our company, but they can't recommend their friend for a position if they aren't aware it is available. Make job openings more public. Create a place where employees can view current openings and either apply to share the opening with a friend.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company, Great Culture, Great People, Lacking Decision Structure

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cedar City, UT

ProsI worked for the Leavitt Group for 3 years. The people there are second to none. They truly care about people and want their success. Being privately held, they are not focused on profit maximization only, but on creating a good environment for people and the long run outcomes.

ConsBecause the organization is so relaxed and decentralized, the decisions processes are done very independent with out a lot of collaboration. I also didn't feel like I received the training or supervision I needed to be the most effective with my time.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a formal mentoring program for new employees.

Not wonderful, but wasn't horrible

Account Manager (Former Employee) Cedar City, UT

ProsLoved my immediate departmental supervisor. The job was fun and co-workers were great!

ConsLimited upward mobility. Changing from a family type company to a corporate politics company. Often personal relationships are rewarded with promotions instead of given on merit. Decisions (such as agency management system platforms) are made by listening to a select few instead of the voice of the majority, and then decisions are regretted and projects halted. Pay isn't great.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people, reward promotions based on merit. Pay your people better!

Management in this particular department is below standard

Accounting Center (Current Employee) Cedar City, UT

ProsThe Leavitt Group as a whole is a great place to work. The very high up truly seem to care.

ConsThere is very little follow up done departmentally from higher ups. Very big gap between the happy and the unhappy. No communication, No standardization, very low ethics among supervisors in this department. Favoritism runs rampant within department

Advice to Senior ManagementMangement needs to partake in ethics courses and management courses. Management needs to provide positive environment, not focusing on negative

Good people but lacking vision

ProsGood people...Fair managemnt and ownership

ConsThey are rather slow to develop new ideas and embrace technology

Advice to Senior ManagementStep into the 21st century

Outstanding Employer

ProsLeavitt is a great example of a private, family run business. As one of the country's largest insurance brokers (115+ offices) Leavitt is national, but run locally. It's a hard trick and I didn't believe it would work when they bought out the company I worked for. But, they seem able to pull it off. Good, honest, hard working people abound. They're great about giving feedback.

ConsBenefits are good, but slightly less generous than I hope for. There's nothing special included in our benefit packages, and I don't see some of the innovation that other employers offer. Good, but vanilla would be the best way to describe them.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the tradition of "old fashioned values" that defines Leavitt Insurance Group. But, I'd suggest taking a broader look at the ways that other companies incent employees with benefit packages. Try something new, such as Long Term Care, or direct integration of wellness into the medical plan.

Worked for Leavitt Group? Contribute to the Community!