Lebhar-Friedman

Add Photos

J. Roger Friedman

Dynamic Work Experience

I have been working at Lebhar-Friedman for more than 3 years

ProsFast-paced, always something new going on; long tenured employees=rich history; great people to work with, opportunities to travel; senior execs will roll up their sleeves

ConsSo-so benefits; HR was not very helpful; IT was neither progressive nor competitive with similar companies

Advice to Senior ManagementThe more you value your employees and show it, the harder they will work!

Nice people to work with but...HR needs improvement

New York, NY

I worked at Lebhar-Friedman full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat people, location, lots of opportunities to do plenty of work. Most people have been in the same industry for many years so lots to learn from them.

ConsHR didn't do a great job of thinking thru their hiring process. Seems like they would hire people and then not long after, they would reorganize, let people go, etc. Figure out your vision for the future and then hire people for the long run.

Good career cut short by the bad economy and recession of late 2008/2009!

I worked at Lebhar-Friedman full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe people as well as provided the opportunity and responsiblility to lead and manage my department and team without being micromanaged by senior management! The opportunity to work across all LOB's within the company with all levels of associate including the President.

ConsThe company is not very forward thinking, and does not invest in the neccessary technology or IT staff to be as competitive in their markets.

The company is trying to change and evolve but everyone is overworked

I have been working at Lebhar-Friedman

ProsPeople care and want to help the company grow

ConsPeople are pretty stressed out

Advice to Senior ManagementBe positive and supportive

Great experience

Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee)
Tampa, FL

I worked at Lebhar-Friedman

ProsIt gave me great experience and I was involved with a lot of projects. Through consolidation I took on, and was handed, the opportunity to learn a diverse range of responsibilities. I wore a lot of hats.

ConsThe company is hard hit by the changing advertising environment. They were unable to innovate in order to deliver a competitive product to their customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementInnovation and creativity is key in you industry.

Family Atmosphere, Poor Pay

Associate (Current Employee)
Tampa, FL

ProsTime off
Work and personal life balance

ConsPay decreases/freeze
No raises or bonuses in several years
No promotions
No 401k match
People in HR and Finance are resigning in record numbers lately

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease associate pay.
Restore 401k matching.
Telling employees that there will be no raises for a couple of years removes the incentive to work hard.
Morale is very low.

Decent place to work

I have been working at Lebhar-Friedman

ProsFamily run. Management willing to assist employees in taking time off when needed. At one time, there was alot of loyalty to longer serving employees.

ConsPoor vision for company. Leadership is very secretive. Poor pay scale. Benefits are average at best. Comany is in the midst of downsizing.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick with our core products. Allow associates to contribute to determining future direction of company. Increase, rather than decrease wages.

Not a good place to work

I worked at Lebhar-Friedman

ProsMain office was located in the greatest city in the world. Couple of cool people in the department but otherwise...

ConsPoor communication throughout management and little direction. Low compensation as compared to other companies especially for being in New York city. Drastically obsolete hardware and software, with poor systems in place. Definitely an old boys club.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your heads out of your bums. Get rid of Roger's old cronies and get some people in there who are actually going to work and provide proper management.

Cheap, Cheap Company Looking for Cheap Cheap Labor

Advertising Sales Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at Lebhar-Friedman

ProsNone. The company is looking for cheap labor. Firing the older workers and hiring young workers for cheap. I mean extremely cheap labor for long hours. Benefits are bad, only movie ticket perks for $7.00.

ConsNo advancement, one of the HR Manager, is very stuck up. During interview she really did not answer any of my questions, such as my review, advancement etc. They say they offer education programs and perks, when you're hired and asked for it, they don't want to give it to you. The company gives out a five hour online test after the interview. Yes, it's 5 hours. I didn't know I was trying out for the SAT's and Spelling Bee competitions. The test had nothing to do with the job I was going to do or job related. If you're desperate for a job and I mean really extremely desperate for a job, then take it, but I will tell you get out as soon as possible. There is huge turnovers.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs I stated before the company is looking for cheap labor. If you're desperate for a job and I mean really extremely desperate for a job, than take it, but I will tell you to get out as soon as possible. There is huge turnovers. Career advancement takes years. There are Administrative Assistants in the same position for 20 years. There are Office Managers in the same position for 30 years. No advancement. The few who have worked there for over 15 years are holding onto dear life, but they are going to get laid off.

You might want to look somewhere else first

I have been working at Lebhar-Friedman

ProsYou get plenty of time off. People are friendly and work environment is mostly good. Medical benefits ok.

ConsNo pay raises, pay cut two years ago, no 401K matching. Very little communication from management. Very little opportunity for advancement. Associates on edge, future for this company is uncertain.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunitcate with employees better. Associates need to know when the company is hanging in the balance from management, not from rumors that are circulating around the office and on the internet.

Worked for Lebhar-Friedman? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lebhar-Friedman reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lebhar-Friedman CEO J. Roger Friedman. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Lebhar-Friedman employees.