Lectra

2.7

Lectra CEO and Director; Director Marketing and Sales Daniel Harari
Daniel Harari

Lights & Shadows

I have been working at Lectra full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Business is on a niche market, even if complex, so competing stress is not so huge.
    Some important career opportunities.

Cons

No compelling product strategies, absence of team spirit.

Board Direction do micromanagement most of the time, no seroius innovation policy.

A 'Sales' driven company - services not valued

I have been working at Lectra full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Global company so offices are stocked with great espresso makings! When requested to travel on the weekend it is encouraged to take to the comp time quickly not to wait to year end. While communication with the head quarters in Bordeaux, France is constant, the culture is strict on requesting information thru chain of command.

Cons

Lectra does not value its employees. If overheard "complaining" you are at risk of being terminated. Being "caught" communicating over or around the chain of command may result in termination. The office has become very quiet with the very many resent terminations.

Give promotions based on the value of the individual and their work. Work within the company to build the company moral.

Eh.....

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Lectra full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People are nice. lots of days off

Cons

Everything else, culture is depressing, management is awful. very short leash from France. Internal promotions are a joke. Very miss leading.

Make sure your employees are happy.

Love working at Lectra

I have been working at Lectra

Pros

Lectra is a company that is dialed into what their customers need. They put a lot of money into research, and are always on the cutting edge of the most advanced software solutions technology or equipment to improve a companies bottom line. The people that work for Lectra in the US and globally are hardworking, dedicated and friendly. I really enjoy my position, my coworkers and glad to be with the company.

Cons

The only con is my laptop. It is heavy and big. Not practical for someone who travels a lot. Otherwise, all is great at Lectra

There needs to be a once a month "town hall" meeting with all departments and management to debrief their employees on the company's wins, status in the market and other related information.

Good company

I have been working at Lectra full-time

Pros

Good work environment, great training program, decent salary, good benefits. Can't really ask for more than that, right?

Cons

Company is global but still has a small company feel in many ways. Career path not always available or clear. You can end up stagnant after several years.

My only advice would be to lay out clearer career paths.

Not a Bad Place to Work at All

I have been working at Lectra full-time

Pros

I love that the company is very progressive and always thinking on it's toes. It is extremely confident in its technology and stands firm by its products. The company invests greatly in training and integration. Salaries are fair and the benefits are awesome! The company seems to be hiring a higher quality of employees. The diversity of the team and sharing of information is probably the one of the most appealing aspects of the job.

Cons

Our corporate office is in France and some of the management team travel regularly, so it is difficult to get responses exactly when you need them. I've learned to work around this by submitting my requests by the end of the day to get answers by the next day or the following in worst case scenarios.
     Another drawback is the fact that telecommuting is not a permanent option; however, the company is flexible with allowing us to work from home on occasions when there is a true need.

Continue to focus on employee involvement and appreciation. It is the small things that mean so much.

Great place to Work

I have been working at Lectra full-time

Pros

New Hire Orientation: In Bordeaux, France (wine country)
    Time-off Policies: Generous amount of PTO days
    Compensation: Pretty good
    Management: Knowledgeable and forward thinking

Cons

Since its a French company, there is a slight cultural change that you need to adapt to.

It has been my pleasure to work for this company for over 17 years which you can't say about many companies..

Current Employee - Service in Smyrna, GA
    Current Employee - Service in Smyrna, GA

I have been working at Lectra full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company is a strong company that invests in the future and trains it's employees as it's technology grows. I have worked with a great group of people who are top notch and always been that way.

Cons

Challenges aren't negative but rather positive in the regards to being the best at what we do and always having a solution for our customers.

Terrible company without focus or vision

I worked at Lectra full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

This company used to be a great company to work for but lost sight of what made it great. It's people.

Cons

Horrible CEO and senior management. The CEO only wants people around him that agree with him. The US management is but a mere puppet for France corporate.

The advice to the management is to move over and sell the company. Gain some humility. Bring products and solutions to market that have relevance, hire management that bring value and change, then listen to them. Listen to your customers, don't tell the customers what they need, understand their challenges, then partner with them.

Stay Away

I have been working at Lectra full-time

Pros

There are some terrific people.

Cons

Micromanagement by people who are completely out of touch, ignorant, uninspiring and unethical.

Stop abusing your employees.