Lee College Reviews

4.0

CEO

Small college, big ideas

I worked at Lee College

Pros

Great environment, great people, and opportunities to teach your style!

Cons

Not enough classes, in many areas instructors are clique-ish, and departments do not mix much.

More opportunities for adjuncts tho become full timers and more socializing among departments Shi they know each other.

I have been working at Lee College

Pros

Great school. Great Athletics. Super Facilities

Cons

None none none none none

Amazing. Such a wonderful experience.

Current Employee - Gym Monitor  in  Baytown, TX
    Current Employee - Gym Monitor in Baytown, TX

I have been working at Lee College part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people. Wonderful management. flexible hours.

Cons

I have no complaints about Lee College

I have no advice for them except to keep doing what they are doing.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Friendly, warm, engaging college with faculty that are outspoken and share governance

Current Employee - Full Time Faculty  in  Baytown, TX
    Current Employee - Full Time Faculty in Baytown, TX

I have been working at Lee College full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Lee College is a school that freely allows a teacher to implement learning strategies and practices with little, if any, interference from the administration. It is a faculty driven campus. Program creation and change depends only on a person's willingness to devote the time and effort to make it happen. Administrators do not tell faculty no, but rather encourage innovation and creativity. The school enjoys a wonderful reputation as a result of being faculty driven with faculty who, therefore can practice innovative and the successes and failures that are inherent for the uncertain pathway. I doubt there can be any better college for faculty job satisfaction than Lee College. The faculty of this school are awesome and way beyond what you would expect at any college, much less an ancient and small college in an industrial corridor.

Cons

Lee College does not produce enough income to fund curriculum development and projects. The entire load of curriculum is dumped on faculty as if curriculum development is a simple matter. Faculty ought to be dedicated to teaching by use of excellent methods and, although this faculty is up to the challenge in terms of teaching excellence, the lack of curriculum clerks results in less structure than ought to be the case. True, a lack of a curriculum generation group does allow complete teaching freedom, it also puts curriculum chores on the faculty which makes the job require longer hours than one might expect as a member of faculty. Freedom comes at a cost.

Administration is well advised to back off doing for the sake of doing and start being the administrative clerks they are hired to be. Management of Lee College is way too preoccupied achieving goals to make it appear they are busy. This management is rather new. This means they hired into a job working for a college that is a pacesetter of success in terms of academic and technical education. Sadly, instead of taking upfront time to review what leads to our success, the new managers simply set about revamping policies and procedures in order to have done something for their resume. Sadly again, these managers do not understand the adage, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. What would be brilliant? Take a great system, analyze success, then research ideas and practices to build upon success. So, while trying out ways to fix things that are not broken, they bring other administrators in who are unqualified to do a job. Lee College has inefficiencies in management. I do not want to fault Lee College as if it is unique. All education administrations attempt to mushroom admin growth which robs the income dollars from the point of need, students and faculty in the classroom.

Lee College does not grow because of the Board of Regent's dull leadership in the community. A problem with Lee College is that its Board of Regents are rather dull in finding and following direction for the college to thrive. The Board is driven by a single person who is willing to be rude and brag about longevity to get accomplished personal outcomes that rarely are good for the college's need to grow. The Board ought to grow a backbone and, as well, invest the time necessary to do studies to see what the local economy is doing, while interfacing with the local government to see the plans for local growth.

Great experience and awesome coworkers!

Current Employee - Exercise Monitor  in  Baytown, TX
    Current Employee - Exercise Monitor in Baytown, TX

I have been working at Lee College part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lee College is very professional. I had no problems at all while working there. I always worked with very courteous and helpful people.

Cons

A downside to working at Lee College is the area of Baytown in which it is located. The area is not the safest at night, although the Lee campus itself has security 24/7.

None at all. Great place to work for.

A fairly large number of unhappy faculty and staff work here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Baytown, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

I have been working at Lee College full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Work schedule of 4 days for faculty and 4-1/2 days for others

Cons

Academic environment is controlled tightly by unethical administrative practices. Diversity is not appreciated or practiced among all levels in spite of serving a diverse student population.

It's unfortunate that "Several bad seeds spoil the whole grapevine" at this college.

awesome

I have been working at Lee College

Pros

lots of learning opportunities and working with good people

Cons

low pay, not enough hours

Good community, frustrating government

Current Employee - Instructor  in  Baytown, TX
    Current Employee - Instructor in Baytown, TX

I have been working at Lee College full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Family like atmosphere. Laid back dress code. You do feel like you are helping people start their lives.

Cons

Dealing with government regulations and busy work that adds nothing to the actual education of students.

Stability and Job Fulfillment

Current Employee - Assistant Director, Financial Aid  in  Baytown, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Director, Financial Aid in Baytown, TX

I have been working at Lee College

Pros

Best reasons to work here are the people you get to work with and the benefits are incredible--time off, flexibility, and stability of state employment (for now)...also, I high degree of satisfaction and some opportunities for travel/professional development...

Cons

No raises generally, due to state budget being tight. Older buildings, lack of office space, etc

Be more professional and visable. Oftentimes it's not clear where directives are coming from--we can't blame everything on "the state"

Lee College Photos

burning and learning

+ Add Photo

Worked for Lee College? Contribute to the Community!