Lee Hecht Harrison

Be The First To
Add Photos

Lee Hecht Harrison President and COO Peter Alcide

Peter Alcide

Pros:
  • "Work/life balance and open door management policies"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Working alongside people who really believe in making a difference"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Due to the nature of the business, there are very few opportunities for consultants to go from part to full-time"
    in 5 reviews
  • "LHH does offer a flexible work environment and that it worth alot to me"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Associate Consultant

Associate Consultant (Former Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

ProsGreat leadership; appreciative clients; flexible schedule.

ConsNot a lot of training provided to get started.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communication with employees.

They seem to have lost sight of their mission

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe career consultants do nice work for the clients in transition. Offered training for clients who could utilize it during their transition.

ConsCorporate leadership sends mixed messages to employees, especially after merger with DBM. Too much focus on $$. Though develpoment offered to employees, little time to take advantage as so many were over worked.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind ways to let employees know they are valued for their contributions. Remember the mission to serve others...the $$ will follow.

Leadership has lost sight of LHH's original mission.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood programs and services. Consultants who love the work and care for their clients.

ConsNo longer a company focused on helping people. Prefers Accountants over Consultants. Clients being pushed to online vs. Consultant support. Exceptionally high case loads that are unmanageable.

Advice to Senior ManagementEthics and Integrity count. Too many leaders who are willing to remain silent in the face of unscrupulous business practices. Stop cheating customers, clients, and employees!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company! Highly collaborative, dedicated people and my most favorite manager ever.

ProsPeople are fantastic and very dedicated to the idea of making a difference to the individuals we coach. We're a pretty self-aware group (get that many coaches together and that's what you'll find) and even conflicts and disagreements are resolved quickly through mature conversations. It's the first company I've ever worked for where the politics are minimal. My boss is an advocate and champion of me and I have many opportunities for advancement or to work on new projects. We also encourage a flexible work environment allowing me to live a balanced life. We work hard but do so in the way that energizes us best.

ConsAs we're growing, we need to remember who we are at the core -- a group of people dedicated to making a difference to tens of thousands of professionals each year. At the same time, we tend to not change quickly enough. This will never be the company where i make the most money and that's okay; the lack of politics and emotional toll that takes is so worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook to the future

The leadership is focused on client satisfaction and helping you accomplish this for them

ProsFlexible schedule, and training where needed to assist candidates.

ConsLow salary for career transition side

LHH consultant- rewarding career

Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsThis is a great 2nd career. I get to help clients. The staff truly care and I feel I get to make a difference. Part-time position with lots of flexibility

ConsAt times the pace is pretty intense. Sometimes individual clients needs more support that I have time to give.

Rewarding Place to work

Prosmaking a difference to candidates

Consthe industry is low paying

High Standards

Certified Associate (Current Employee)

ProsCompany moves quickly in hiring and training.

ConsCompany is so large it can be difficult to figure out who to contact and in what office when you are new.

They would like the coaches to be volunteers

Facilitator/Career Coach (Former Employee)
    Raleigh, NC

ProsUpgrading systems and great material for clients. On-line tools are excellent and you work with very talented coaches. The work is very rewarding and does educate and support clients in best-practice job search.

ConsThe company is driven by the finance function. Even when business was booming (lots of new customers and clients) they invented new methods of reducing the coaches' pay. The manager I worked for did NOT support her employees, micro-managed every action, including jumping in when she overheard 2 people working on setting-up a computer. She would not answer direct questions regarding pay or how work was assigned. They blatantly violate the FLSA - she once told me to move hours I worked from one week to the next to avoid paying overtime. She had assigned the work to me and acted as if I violated a process by not telling her my hours would exceed 40 with the assignments. Witnessed and experience inappropriate behavior by my manager's manager. He would come into the office and hug the women and even kissed my manger on the cheek. If you express concerns you are not fired, they just stop assigning work to you. I could go on and on.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on quality delivery and treat your front-line employees (coaches and trainers) with respect and decent compensation. Hire leaders, not micro-managers.

Primarily positive there are so many wonderful within the organization.

ProsThe people are awesome and the work is gratifying.

ConsLack of work and personal balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvolve employees as new initiatives are identified.

Worked for Lee Hecht Harrison? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lee Hecht Harrison reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lee Hecht Harrison CEO Peter Alcide. All 74 reviews posted anonymously by Lee Hecht Harrison employees.