Lee Memorial Health System

1.9

Lee Memorial Health System President and CEO James R. Nathan
James R. Nathan

4 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Felt like I was part of a family

Former Employee - Materials Clerk in Cape Coral, FL
    Former Employee - Materials Clerk in Cape Coral, FL

I worked at Lee Memorial Health System full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Caring people, steady hours, good pay and benefits.

Cons

Not a lot of room for advancement.

Lacking in effective management

Current Employee - Lee Physician Billing in Cape Coral, FL
    Current Employee - Lee Physician Billing in Cape Coral, FL

I have been working at Lee Memorial Health System full-time (more than a year)

Pros

For now, LMHS has an excellent benefits package, but that is subject to change at a moment's notice in spite of what they may tell you before job acceptance. That's about it, for pros.

Cons

Lacks in effective management. Supervisors and management spend more time covering each others backsides to keep their jobs than they do taking care of business. They do not listen to employees and retaliate if employees follow the chain of command over their heads to another manager that doesn't listen and retaliates...... And then there is the supervisors that only hire friends and people that will cover their backsides.....

Realize that your management and supervisory positions are top heavy, lack any form of work ethic, bully employees into silence and that is why things are going to continue to be in an extremely sad state of affairs.

I love my job. I enjoy going to work!!!!

Current Employee - Team Lead in Cape Coral, FL
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Cape Coral, FL

I have been working at Lee Memorial Health System

Pros

The benefits. My director is the best I have worked for in years and I have worked in my field for 20 years..

Cons

Of course the pay could be a bit better but I am sure we all say that

Keep doing what you are doing

A monopoly, especially in health care, is never a positive for the employees or clients!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Cape Coral, FL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Cape Coral, FL

I have been working at Lee Memorial Health System

Pros

In my field, at least, reliablility of keeping your job in this time of rising unemployment. My long term service with this organization, allows me some special considerations in my specific unit, which other employees might not have. Adequate medical insurance benefits provided; also in this time of reduced or no benefits being provided.

Cons

Lee Memorial has recently purchased all available medical facilities in this county. Therefore, there is no competition in this area; which allows the system a monopoly on their services. It also leaves no other employment opportunities in this area. in other words, our employer has us "over a barrel." If an employee is unhappy with this employer, there is no other job available in this immediate area. The employer claims salaries are competitive for this area, but based on what competition! The likelihood of decent raises this year is also in doubt due to the financial situation of the systerm.

If job cutbacks are in the future, make sure they are in middle and senior management areas, rather than at the bedside and patient care level.

Lee Memorial Health System Photos