Lee Memorial Health System Reviews

46 reviews filtered by
3.3
Lee Memorial Health System President and CEO James R. Nathan
James R. Nathan

Great company. Really does care about its employees and the community it serves.

Current Employee - Educator
    Current Employee - Educator

I have been working at Lee Memorial Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Warm culture, lots of opportunities, it really does feel like extended family.

Cons

Very conservative with adding positions or increasing salaries.

I love my co-workers and managers!

I have been working at Lee Memorial Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Caring People Caring For People... and we do!

Cons

No weekend differentials is about the only downside

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Go for it

I have been working at Lee Memorial Health System

Pros

All good great job florida

Cons

No no no no cons

5. It takes time to see the big picture

I have been working at Lee Memorial Health System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefit package, but there are others.

Cons

It takes time to see that management is a brick wall. No one wants your opinion, no one wants things to improve. Now it seems that they are getting rid of the "over 50" crowd, one by one. Just waiting for the big push out the door, all they have to do is accuse you, they don't have to back it up.

Advice to Management

Be very careful of who you mess with, someday that person is going to sue.

6. It was a great few years

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Lee Memorial Health System as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

It was a job and I loved working wth the patients

Cons

They were more about the business than the employees

Great position!

I have been working at Lee Memorial Health System

Pros

Flexible scheduling and great pay.

Cons

Cancellation of shifts and no PTO.

8. Great place to work

Pros

Senior Leadership really listens and make changes based on employee feedback

Cons

The organization is getting large - hope we can maintain the caring atmosphere

Management causes most problems

I have been working at Lee Memorial Health System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The absolute best part of working at LMHS is the relationships and friendships that are made along the journey. Under the best or worst conditions, one learns to lean on and trust each other and the knowledge brought to the department.

Cons

Leadership has a problem in managing. This of course is not true for all leaders, managers, supervisors or leads. Micro managing is the most destructive method as well as 'divide and conquer'. If LMHS really values the employees they would hear the stories told and not ignore the negative behavior from Management.

Advice to Management

Be prepared to manage, not just run the show but really manage . Lack of skills and experience is the biggest issue in management. This is to be an environment of "caring people caring for people"
    This must also extend to the employees treatment from administration and supervisors. Lack of trust, hostility,consideration and vengeful behavior is not the way to keep employees happy in the work place.

10. It is truly caring people, caring for people.

Former Employee - Nursing Business Associate in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Nursing Business Associate in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Lee Memorial Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay, benefits and opportunity for advancement. A true sense of a community working together to meet the health care needs of the community.

Cons

recruitment process is tedious and is often difficult for those interested in employment even when they know a position is available.

Very disappointing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Pros

Benefits are comparable to other organizations within the state of Florida

Cons

I have worked for the system for more than 10 years. I have worked very hard, supported the system, have been very loyal to the whole organization. For a large organization that has monopolized the whole county of Lee, it is very disappointing that management is so poor. I have seen employees demoralized, intimidated and livelihoods taken away. They say they want to keep their employees within their system, however, they have no problem writing them up for very personal issues and very subjective issues. These employees have been emotionally and mentally abused. Making their work environment hostile and very uncomfortable. Many are breadwinners for their family. They "tag" many of these employees for NO rehire. Many of these employees have also worked hard and have been in the system for years. Employees that make the whole organization successful in the service of the community. Despite these employees reaching out to human resources and higher management, they are still not treated with fairness. There is "suppose" to be employee relations, and yet, they don't support them. The organization supports their very poor mid-level management instead. There are also too many "bosses". They are very "top heavy". CEO's and CIO's that are highly educated and experienced, but don't support and care for the people that work for them. CEO's and CIO's that get very high bonuses because of they staff's hard work to make their departments successful. And yet, they have no conscience. No regard for their staff. It is unfortunately that after all the years of service I have for this system, I am seeking other employment outside this organization. I had hope for management to improve for so long, but nothing has changed. I cannot wait for the day that I leave this miserable system.

Advice to Management

You are chosen to lead and manage experienced and very well educated staff. They are not children. Treat them with respect. Have some humility. You are only as good as the staff that work for you.
    Have some conscience. Treat your staff as human beings. Do not forget they are the people that make you successful. If you continue to manage them poorly, it is just a matter of time that you will fail as an organization.

Lee Memorial Health System Photos