Lee Memorial Health System

3.3

Lee Memorial Health System President and CEO James R. Nathan
James R. Nathan

Great place to work

I have been working at Lee Memorial Health System full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Senior Leadership really listens and make changes based on employee feedback

Cons

The organization is getting large - hope we can maintain the caring atmosphere

It is truly caring people, caring for people.

Former Employee - Nursing Business Associate  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Nursing Business Associate in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Lee Memorial Health System full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay, benefits and opportunity for advancement. A true sense of a community working together to meet the health care needs of the community.

Cons

recruitment process is tedious and is often difficult for those interested in employment even when they know a position is available.

Management causes most problems

I have been working at Lee Memorial Health System full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The absolute best part of working at LMHS is the relationships and friendships that are made along the journey. Under the best or worst conditions, one learns to lean on and trust each other and the knowledge brought to the department.

Cons

Leadership has a problem in managing. This of course is not true for all leaders, managers, supervisors or leads. Micro managing is the most destructive method as well as 'divide and conquer'. If LMHS really values the employees they would hear the stories told and not ignore the negative behavior from Management.

Be prepared to manage, not just run the show but really manage . Lack of skills and experience is the biggest issue in management. This is to be an environment of "caring people caring for people"
    This must also extend to the employees treatment from administration and supervisors. Lack of trust, hostility,consideration and vengeful behavior is not the way to keep employees happy in the work place.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disappointing environment considering all of the awards received

I have been working at Lee Memorial Health System

Pros

Many good people work for the health system, and the focus is definitely on the safety and service to patients. Some people work really hard and carry the rest of the team(s).

Cons

Old-style, top-down management structure, old technology, co-workers can treat each other badly, many of the management team have been there too long and micro-manage everything, many non-performers are still there..

Have real conversations about issues and work to correct them. Help people learn, grown and change, particularly leaders.

Micromanagement, incompetent leaders, EEOC laws do not apply when it comes to this Monopoly

Former Employee - Professional
    Former Employee - Professional

I worked at Lee Memorial Health System full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits package; Most of the employees, especially the ancillary staff or support teams, the cashiers in the cafeteria, security, etc. are very good people at heart. Volunteers are Awesome!

Cons

Management in my former department LACKED INTEGRITY, COMPLIANCE WITH THEIR OWN HR POLICIES. HR was useless, and so was compliance. They do not appreciate employees, unless you worship management, and say everything is roses. This is despite the incidents where employees were mistreated, written up based on nothing but their Egos. Micromanagement very rampant. Mid level management, as long as they praise upper management, are rewarded by making them "untouchable". They have no regard for basic humanity..... they take peoples' LIVELIHOOD, knowing that most are the breadwinner of their families. These are mothers, fathers, who have to not only support their families, but to provide decent health insurance. They do not care how productive you are..... they only care about their DIRECTIVES AND PROCESSES. And worst of all, because LMHS has control over most of SW Florida, you have to uproot your family just to get a decent job within a 50 or so mile radius. Such a disappointment. Turn over in one year is approximately 45% . Department is in such disarray, wouldn't be surprised if it continues to fail, and what took 3 years to build, is now reduced to very few employees working only bare minimum, with their heads bowed down out of fear of losing their jobs. Sad to say, but old saying is true, one apple can ruin the bunch. Unfortunately, it's more than one bad apple..... ruining a very small bunch.

Stop micromanaging, stop the favoritism, stop the harassment, stop ignoring federal and state laws regarding employee rights. Listen to the "little" people. Hire competent leaders, with proven track records of making a department a success, not the ones who "kiss up" the most, or the ones who are affiliated with physicians working for LMHS. Discourage workplace bullying.

My experience at Lee Memorial Health System has been wonderful.

Current Employee - Paralegal  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Paralegal in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Lee Memorial Health System full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best reasons to work here are 1) the benefits; 2) work-life balance; 3) great teamwork; 4) always striving to be better. I truly feel like the leadership at Lee Memorial Health System cares about their employees.

Cons

At times, there is a lack of communication between departments, but it is something that they are definitely working on.

It was challenging from day one. NO one was willing to assist you in understanding thelr culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Lee Memorial Health System full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great co-workers. Always expecting employees to work way above your 40 hours per week. Had to work 13 days in a row.

Cons

Adminstration in Information Technology Department was terrible. In particular the CIO. He was a bully and proud of it.

Treat your employees with respect. Everyone need to protect themselves from the CIO. What a miserable man.

Great coworkers. Administration gets large bonuses, employees make low wages.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Fort Myers, FL

Pros

I consider my coworkers top notch. We work fantastic as a team. My coworkers are smart and resourceful. They truly care about making the lives of their patients better.

Cons

The pay is not equitable. When you have a question you receive conflicting information. I was told that my pay would be equitable to the nurses on the unit I am applying for, which is fair. The offer of pay for less than my base pay now is however unreasonable as an internal employee who has qualified for the maximum pay raise every year due to my great reviews a pay cut is an insult.

Listen to your employees. Show us the respect we clearly deserve. Do not make us feel fearful we will lose our jobs if we have a differing belief than you have. Stop with the negative feedback already.

Lacking in effective management

Current Employee - Lee Physician Billing  in  Cape Coral, FL
    Current Employee - Lee Physician Billing in Cape Coral, FL

Pros

For now, LMHS has an excellent benefits package, but that is subject to change at a moment's notice in spite of what they may tell you before job acceptance. That's about it, for pros.

Cons

Lacks in effective management. Supervisors and management spend more time covering each others backsides to keep their jobs than they do taking care of business. They do not listen to employees and retaliate if employees follow the chain of command over their heads to another manager that doesn't listen and retaliates...... And then there is the supervisors that only hire friends and people that will cover their backsides.....

Realize that your management and supervisory positions are top heavy, lack any form of work ethic, bully employees into silence and that is why things are going to continue to be in an extremely sad state of affairs.

awesome, my best experience yet

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Lee Memorial Health System full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great, caring people, benefits, perks, fun,

Cons

i can't really sayloved every aspect of the job

n/a

Worked for Lee Memorial Health System? Contribute to the Community!