Lee Tilford Agency

Updated Mar 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Anthony Lee Tilford

Great Experience, Amazing People, Awesome Place to Work.

I have been working at Lee Tilford Agency full-time

Pros- True teamwork (and team building activities.. that are fun and during work hours)
- Owner and co-workers care about each other and will have your back
- Great atmosphere that balances work with fun/laughter
- Hard work is not only appreciated, but rewarded (breakfast many mornings, fridge stocked with drinks, lots of snacks, etc.)
- Regular work hours... in fact, we typically get off early Fridays

ConsSome days are hectic, but at the end, those are always the most rewarding!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep using every opportunity you can to teach us and make us better... I have already learned so much and am so thankful for the experience thus far!

Great people and great opportunities!

I have been working at Lee Tilford Agency full-time

ProsOwner cares about and takes care of his employees. As an employee I feel that my work is valued not only by my boss but also by my colleagues. This is a great group of people who work well together and care about the work they are doing. I feel like I am getting so many more opportunities here than I would have gotten at a larger agency. Work/life balance is great. We typically get out early on Fridays, and the life you have outside of the office is respected.

ConsEvery day is a full day. We work incredibly hard during work hours, but I guess that's what allows us to have a life outside of the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the tacos coming :)

Former Employee

Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Lee Tilford Agency full-time for more than a year

ProsFree food, drinks and close to banking. Non-family employees are great people and good friends.

ConsMicro-managing owner who gives unqualified family members jobs. Prepare to be part of the endless, revolving stream of employees. They will love you when you start for very little money because you need a job. Your pay will be increased to entice you to put up with and ignore the public humiliation and mis-treatment you must endure from the ill-mannered management. Once another victim has been located to take your job, you are out. And out in a hurry. I have seen many injustices against employees happen here. Any positive review of this place was undoubtedly submitted by either a family member, or an employee fearful of losing his job.This place is pure evil.

Advice to Senior Managementnone.

It is a tight-knit group that works great with each other-supportive and positive environment!

I have been working at Lee Tilford Agency full-time

ProsPositive, encouraging, constantly busy and moving!

ConsI really don't have any.

Great people, great environment

Art Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Lee Tilford Agency full-time for more than 3 years

Pros* Great work/life balance; we usually got off work at 4:30pm on Fridays
* Hilarious and intelligent co-workers
* Strong management
* Great place to learn
* Great respect for LTA clients; owner treats every dollar like it's his own. It's very refreshing!
* Healthy snacks and a fridge filled with drinks!
* Environment fosters creativity and productivity
* Best design programs and computers

Cons* Can be chaotic at times....but that's advertising, folks!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Lee Tilford Agency

ProsGood location. Nice co-workers. Occasionally there is free breakfast.

ConsRude management. Does not care about employees' professional careers or personal feelings.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more respectful of the people who work for you. They are there to keep you in business, so treat them well.

A gratifying place to learn alot about our industry

I have been working at Lee Tilford Agency

ProsThis place always has the latest technology and software, and they recently re decorated the office with new furniture which looks great. Being involved with a small team on day to day client jobs really gets you immersed in the work and how things get done. You learn alot with hands on responsibility like this. And you are held accountable for staying on track and making things happen. The pay has been fair for the level of decision making and responsibilities I've been given. My personal life is always expected, and unlike other ad shops we work a 40 hour work week. So when we're here, we're working, and when we go home, work stays at the office (which is nice having 2 kids).

ConsOrganization can go by the wayside sometimes, but deadlines are always met one way or another. So things can get a little crazy. But if you plan ahead and don't procrastinate, it can be handled with minimal stress when the hammer drops.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the efforts on organization coming, and implement them. It will make everyone's job even more pleasurable : )

Positive Place to Work

I have been working at Lee Tilford Agency

ProsThe team at the Lee Tilford Agency maintain focus and hard work during the busy business week. The payoff is an efficient environment that works extremely well together accomplishing goals and successes for the agency's clients. It's a comfortable environment that's inviting and cozy. Opinions and ideas are welcomed and always encouraged. Team work is the core of this outfit, while small in size - easily big in capabilities and getting strong results. Often it's a casual feeling in the agency but always on point. I find the environment worthy of great place to work.

ConsSchedules can get crossed, but Improvements and upgrades are constantly happening to improve the workflow. It's a constant evolution of streamlining work, but efforts are constantly put forth to help smooth out any wrinkles.

Advice to Senior ManagementHighly appreciative of the oppurtunity I've been given and thankful for the effective work environment as well as working with so many wonderful people.

A Rewarding Experience

Art Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lee Tilford Agency

ProsI believe as with most jobs, you get out of it what you put in it, and I have found my experience here very rewarding. Management welcomes and listens to my input, and makes efforts to let me know I am appreciated. I have been given great opportunity for growth here and can see vast improvements in my own work since I have been here. My personal schedule and family life is respected more than I could expect elsewhere. There is a lot of great creative energy in our current team which helps make work fun. The environment is casual, open and easy going, jeans are the typical daily uniform.

ConsOffice environment design is not currently optimizing our space. I am looking forward to the upcoming redesign of our office space early in the new year.

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for being open to new ideas and for the honest feedback. I appreciate the opportunities I have had at Lee Tilford so far.

Great place to work that provided valuable experience.

I have been working at Lee Tilford Agency

ProsFriendly staff and management, large office and excellent equipment and software, great salary and benefits, very satisfied clients who are treated well

ConsI wasn't able to work from home, which was the only real downside. I was pleased with the experience overall and only left because my wife got a job in another city.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis was a great place to work, thank you for the opportunity. I would recommend your office to others looking for work in Austin.

Worked for Lee Tilford Agency? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lee Tilford Agency reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lee Tilford Agency CEO Anthony Lee Tilford. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by Lee Tilford Agency employees.