Lee and Ro Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.0
Steve Ro

1. Unsatisfactory due to lower technical skill of support staff and overbearing and not technically skillful management

Former Employee - Engineer in City of Industry, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in City of Industry, CA

I worked at Lee and Ro

Pros

A local employer, almost always everyone works an 8 hour day. Most support staff is friendly and hard working. Select individuals on the CADD staff are the most supportive I've met anywhere, and I would recommend them anytime.

Cons

Benefits are lower level than other employers I've worked with previously. I've witnessed gross insubordination without consequences which makes budget control impossible on projects, and you're held accountable regardless. Some nepotism is routine, but seems to be practiced more than normal here so you're required to use staff that isn't really mentally engaged in their work as a qualified professional normally is. Computer support and network services is OK, not as good as it needs to be to support intensive CADD operations. I witnessed a form of discrimination practiced, again without repercussions. Some individuals have titles "Engineer" without being licensed.

Advice to Management

Senior management engages in micro management. Tiered management staff needs to be allowed to exercise their own decision making skills rather than merely puppet echoing one top person's instructions. Manage! don't make all the decisions yourself.

Showing 1 of 1 review