Leed's Reviews

Michael Bernstein

1. Great Place to work.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New Kensington, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New Kensington, PA

I worked at Leed's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They hire within so good chance of promotion if you are ambitious.
    On site cafeteria
    Casual dress

Cons

Mandatory Overtime
    Not much parking or actually, a lot of parking but if you arent on first shift, you have to walk a bit to get in the doors.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees more. We are on the front lines and see what the customers actually want.

2. warehouse-men

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Kensington, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Kensington, PA

I have been working at Leed's

Pros

its employment no other pros

Cons

very little pay they start you at 10 and work you hard very hard for the pay mandatory overtime

Advice to Management

stop paying wages of 1990 its 2015 we need 13.50 to start not 10.00

3. Lack vision and skills

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Kensington, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Kensington, PA

I worked at Leed's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There really isn't a whole lot. The only positive would be a negative. Upper management is too busy playing politics that it allows you to spend time self training if you're motivated to.
    The 401k match is good.

Cons

One of the most poorly managed IT organizations I've seen. They implement technologies that are closing in on a decade and consider it to be cutting edge and visionary. Commit to resources and do very little due diligence internally to investigate technologies out there. Some at higher management worry more about managing up than down and across. Very political and people are stressed throughout the organization.
    Environment is old and dirty.

Advice to Management

Listen to people who know. Don't reward those who don't know.

5. Not for long term

Current Employee - Supply Chain in New Kensington, PA
    Current Employee - Supply Chain in New Kensington, PA

I have been working at Leed's

Pros

-close to home
    -good people to work with (non-management)

Cons

-pay is unfair
    -the new health care is terrible
    -favoritism
    -untrustworthy
    -Food is awful
    -outdated systems
    -dirty in all buildings
    -no room to move up or better your position
    -lots of turn over

Advice to Management

Get new systems that are efficient and help the employees to get the job done well, accurately and in a timely manner. If we had better computers and updated systems we could get the work done faster and possibly get more business instead of turning away customers because of time frame and working 12 hours and weekends. They also need to spend their money more wisely. Like updating the systems to help their company and improve the work environment like putting in new cubes, more color, modern, cleaner.

6. Good stepping stone, but little growth opportunities

Former Employee - Marketing in New Kensington, PA
    Former Employee - Marketing in New Kensington, PA

I worked at Leed's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leed's is a good place to gain experience and you can learn quickly.

Cons

Leed's does not try to retain and grow talent. Instead, they have people stay in the same roles for years and offer minimal raises to retain people afraid to find new opportunities. If you need to develop skills or gain job experience I'd recommend Leed's. However, I wouldn't leave an organization to join Leed's or if you want to find a place to grow your career.

7. Terrible

Former Employee - Account Representative in New Kensington, PA
    Former Employee - Account Representative in New Kensington, PA

I worked at Leed's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great health insurance, nice setting, large facility. Compensation for this job is better than most. The health care and benefits is one of the only things I enjoy here. Adding another building will greatly help get orders out faster which is also helping our local economy.

Cons

This company is all about favoritism. You get hired but then have to pass a test to go to work everyday. I would never recommend anyone work for this company. Facility needs a lot of updating. There are lots of things that are broken and have had nothing done to them. The computer system is awful that constantly freezes on an on-going basis.

Advice to Management

Please fix what is broken-computer system. Favoritism is the reason why there is such a high turn-over rate. Work-life balance at this company does not exist. Instead of out-sourcing jobs consider hiring more people from our region. Personal growth with this company does not exist unless you seriously are good at sucking up to the higher ups.

8. A great entry level experience.

Current Employee - Applications Developer in New Kensington, PA
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in New Kensington, PA

I have been working at Leed's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are really fun to be around and it is a really relaxed environment. Flexible hours. Work from home on occasion if you need. A great way to start your career.

Cons

The cafeteria food isn't the best, but it's relatively cheap and edible. Profit sharing program has yet to pay out in the past year so don't count on it as income. Slightly lower salary as it's not directly in Pittsburgh (but the 0 traffic and free parking kind of makes up for it).

9. Horrible.

Former Employee - Production in New Kensington, PA
    Former Employee - Production in New Kensington, PA

I worked at Leed's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Ability to order products offered.
    -Good amount of overtime (too much) so you can make a decent living, if you want to sacrifice your personal life.
    -There are some genuinely nice people who you work with.
    -No strict dress code.
    -Benefits aren't bad.
    -On-site cafeteria.

Cons

-Long hours.
    -Horrible shift times.
    -Too much mandatory overtime.
    -Not paid enough for the quality of work expected.
    -Dirty / borderline unhealthy work environment.
    -Extremely high turnover rate.
    -Long walk to employee parking lot.

This place doesn't care about the employees. In the nearly 6 months I was there, I witnessed more people come and go than I care to talk about. The point system keeps you under the company's thumb, you aren't allowed to take time off unless you've been there long enough for personal days. Managers can fire you without any justifiable cause (they make you sign "at will" contracts), favoritism is rampant, and generally power-hungry team leaders.

At the start of the day, you are forced to walk quite a distance from the employee parking to the building. If you are on first shift, you can normally park closer if you get there early enough. Second shift has barely any close parking, but you can move your vehicle closer after 6 PM. You are expected to work on extremely cold days, and you're expected to work when there is a big snow storm and travel is dangerous.

Working in summer is excruciating. There are only large fans offered, no air conditioning. The factory can get up to and over 90 degrees on an average summer day, so wear shorts. If you're working in an air conditioned part such as apparel or colorprint, you're in luck.

Your typical day consists of 10 hours. You only receive a 20 minute lunch break, and on-site cafeteria, while good and reasonably priced, is extremely slow. You get 10 minute breaks every two hours, but again it's not enough time to relax. You will be standing the entire time you're there, except for your breaks. The floor mats given to stand on are no better than the concrete floor underneath. If you work in silkscreen, color print, or any other department that uses ink / chemicals, the ventilation is poor and you had better bring some Excedrin with you. If you work in the warehouse, expect to be breathing in dust and experience a host of respiratory problems.

You will work weekends, sometimes, as well. Weekends are much preferable to work than standard days, you don't have to meet any particular ship deadlines and everyone is really laid back, however there are times where you will work both Saturday AND Sunday.

Your pay is low, around $8.50 an hour if you work on first shift, second shift you get 50 cents more. Raises only come once a year, and the highest is 3.4%.

If you work on a machine you will receive a higher wage, however I was there for almost 6 months and never received my higher wage, and was told it was because my numbers were lower than average (kind of hard to achieve when your machine doesn't work properly).

HR doesn't help much, even though they generally are good people who want to help. They are at the mercy of a few particular managers, one of whom is involved in a relationship with the overall factory manager.

Theft is high. You are told on your first day that stealing is a federal offense, since it's a Federal Trade Zone and none of the product is taxed until it leaves the warehouse. This fact, is often disregarded, yet management doesn't seem to care.

Stay away from this company, but if you have no other choice, it's a good place to work if you don't mind sacrificing your social life and integrity. You will be stressed, overworked, and underpaid.

Advice to Management

Resign.

10. Burnout central

Former Employee - Partner Development Representative in New Kensington, PA
    Former Employee - Partner Development Representative in New Kensington, PA

I worked at Leed's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to advance, accessible upper management

Cons

Useless office supervisors, unwillingness to work with you, everyone is expendable, low pay for effort and stress level.

Advice to Management

If someone cannot do their job correctly, don't promote them to supervise those who can. When I started at the company, I was a temp in production. Once hired, I moved to the office within 3 months and gained my next promotion within a year. It seemed alright until I was backed into a corner and made to take on a customer that was excessively difficult. This was not the last straw though. I worked at it..hard.. and eventually gained the respect of my customer and coworkers. After the first 6 months with the customer, I had increased 1st quarter program sales by 35% (roughly $50,000). Unfortunately, their attendance is based on a (yearly cycling) points system with termination at 3.5 points..1 point equals 1 day. A final warning for any reason is an automatic forfeit of the quarterly bonus. Oh, and I mentioned increasing sales, but there was no commision for my dept, only for the sales dept who didnt touch my customer except during the yearly contract negotiations.
    As for the general dissatisfaction regarding my dept, there was a gross disproportion in regard to work load, and it was definitely based on favoritism. For example, two women in my dept whom my supervisor had sexploints with (general knowledge, not supposition) had the easiest territories, but whined the most and got the most help (assigned by said supervisor), but on the few occasions when I was overloaded, the first question was "are you sure you're cut out for this?" Nevermind the significant increase in sales and the award given to me by my customer. I was repeatedly threatened with demotion when my super couldnt understand my dilemmas after 4 iterations (common problem as others could attest.)
    In all honesty, I gained alot of experience, but I was severely shortchanged. I did get a free passport out of it though.

11. Too much stress for the money

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Leed's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extensive training
    Nice office, desk and supplies as needed
    Company discount

Cons

High Stress
    Dealing with angry distributors and no one along the chain seems to want to help, so customer service is left being chewed out by people all of the time.
    Reports had to be completed before you were allowed to go home

RSS Feed </> Embed