Leeward Construction

Not yet rated.

Eric Linde

Warning: Family Run Business

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Honesdale, PA

ProsGood wages, above average health and dental benefits, holiday pay, vacation days, life insurance, pension, decent raises, direct deposit, Christmas club

ConsEmployees are not treated equally or fairly - borderline discrimination (some people get reimbursed for not taking benefits but most do not, paid maternity leave for family not for regular employees, etc), family (multi-generation) run - brings family problems into work, sometimes the line between company and family blurs (paying for weddings, ATV's for kids, graduation parties, vacations, etc), office employees don't get along, sometimes the family brings their dogs to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micromanaging - it feels like you don't trust us to get the work done. Don't have so many people bossing each other around - nothing is getting done and resentment towards you is festering. A better PTO system would be great - and yes you should have to pay us for not working, we earn the time off per your policy! Make a no pets allowed policy.

Poor management and lack of communication

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Honesdale, PA

ProsGood health and dental benefits and fair pay, good working hours, weekends off, holiday pay, paid time off, direct deposit.

ConsPoor management (lower employees all think they are in charge), no communication, family owned business with too many family members sticking their hands into things. Obvious lack of management if an employee was able to steal $72,000 in less than two years.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow does no one realize that $72,000 is missing? What I would like to know is who let one person (an assistant controller) be in charge of printing checks and balancing the bank statements? Is that person in trouble, where was the controller? Isn't there always supposed to be checks and balances??? Morons!!! You get what you deserve for being lazy!

Definitely not the best working environment!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Honesdale, PA

ProsMedical and dental insurance, PTO time, Pension, Turkeys at Thanksgiving

ConsFamily owned business, family issues over ride work, family errands and bills are more important than real work, family pets should not be allowed in the office (no one even asks if anyone is allergic). Not everyone is treated the same, some people get hams for Christmas, some don't, family members get paid maternity leave while employees do not. Certain people can just do whatever they want, doing all of their personal things while working. Everyone thinks that they are in charge (too many chiefs, not enough indians), everyone is always trying to boss each other around.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to manage, don't hide. Stop playing favorites. Get proof before you believe what another employee says.

Worked for Leeward Construction? Contribute to the Community!