Legacy Health System

Be The First To
Add Photos

Legacy Health System President & CEO George J. Brown

George J. Brown

It has been a wonderful welcoming environment.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
    Portland, OR

ProsThe amazing staff and management are willing to teach and truly appreciate the importance of patient advocacy

ConsBenefits aren't that great (medical)

Fantastic place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Portland, OR

ProsThe pay was decent. Management is supportive. Growth and learning opportunities abundant. Overall, great place to work!

ConsI honestly can't say anything bad about my time with Legacy. I would still work there had my spouse not been relocated out of state.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue doing what you are doing! You are making a difference and EPIC was by far the best system you could have implemented to increase patient experience since the staff now have the time to really focus on the patients needs.

Very Hostile Workplace!

Staff Nurse (RN) (Current Employee)
    Portland, OR

ProsServes a high volume of indigent.

ConsChronically understaffed and below market value pay. Managed by negative reinforcement. Terminates staff frequently in unfair labor practices. Not a happy place to work. A struggling, stressful workplace.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent Benefits

Staff Nurse (RN) (Former Employee)
    Portland, OR

ProsExcellent benefits, high standard of behavior

Consthe employees vacation and sick hours come out of the same bank, thus it encourages staff to come to work sick, in order to save Paid Time Off for vacations. No clinical ladder for nurses.

Top down management

ProsThe quality of care is excellent.

ConsTop down management is not aware of the great potential of the staff it employs. There is little room for professional advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to recognize and utilize the skill set of employees.

Oncology services not standard of care

Physician (Former Employee)
    Portland, OR

ProsEveryone is nice at Legacy facilities. There seems to be good comradery between physicians and staff, with a less formal feeling than at other institutions in the area.

ConsThe pay is low for the area. The executive management doesn't make good decisions. They lose their best doctors as a result. Some of the doctors they promote in their media don't practice standard of care. This makes it difficult to take their medical care seriously.

Advice to Senior ManagementWin back your great doctors. Take some risks. Listen to your employees. Be careful about who you promote in the media, because it is wide local knowledge that one of your "stars" practices outside the standard of care. The rest of the community has to deal with the problems caused by this physician's poor judgment masquerading as avant-garde care. This is widely known except, it seems, at Legacy.

They don't understand how to listen to employees.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Portland, OR

ProsOK benefits, nice facilities, co-workers are family

ConsDevastating staff cuts over the years. Poor holiday schedules. Unfair HR

Advice to Senior ManagementYou say you listen to you staff but very rarely do you act on the suggestions.

Great hospital system to work for. Lots of opportunities.

ProsAwesome pay and benefits, usually well-staffed, great physicians and nurses to work with, clean facility. Many opportunities to move around within the system.

ConsBecause of the location of emanuel and good sam, there are a lot of alcoholics and drug addicts. They're not always the most pleasant patients and it makes for a lot of social work headaches. Personally for me, the hospital is a little far from my home. Traffic sucks.

Overall good company providing good care for the area. Can be very bureaucratic at times.

Occupational Therapist (Current Employee)
    Portland, OR

ProsSome extremely excellent staff providing quality patient care.

ConsNot much room for advancement. Managers stick to numbers rather than focusing on what COULD provide the very best patient care -- people are more important than numbers.

Advice to Senior ManagementOther than my direct manager...I don't really feel like management exists.

Excellent

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    Portland, OR

Prosgreat company to work for

Consdo not know at this time

Worked for Legacy Health System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Legacy Health System reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Legacy Health System CEO George J. Brown. All 42 reviews posted anonymously by Legacy Health System employees.