Legacy Marketing Partners

3.4

Vince Parrinello

Great group of people

I worked at Legacy Marketing Partners

Pros

The people at Legacy are where it's at

Cons

A lot of planning and coordination, not a lot of action.

Fewer meetings, more work!

mbn sup

Current Employee - MBN Supervisor  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - MBN Supervisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Legacy Marketing Partners part-time

Pros

flexible, great mileage reimbursements, learn as you go.

Cons

no benefits as a sup, although i full time employees do enjoy great perks

Great company to work for

Former Employee - MBN Supervisor  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - MBN Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Legacy Marketing Partners part-time for more than a year

Pros

For the most part, you get to choose which events you work that weekend.
    Time off policies are great as well, you just have to inform your market manager ahead of time.
    Training is good, depending on your market manager. Mine was great and very informative.

Cons

I see no challenges in working for Legacy, it was a great experience. The challenges you may face are difficult account managers but there are typically only a couple that make your life difficult.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Safe & Boring Agency

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Legacy Marketing Partners full-time

Pros

Genuinely nice employees trying their best in a broken/dated agency. The saving grace about being at Legacy was the people. I've made some really close connections with my former colleagues and I'm glad to have met all of them, but they really deserve a better agency environment.

The work-life balance is pretty manageable, which is pretty hard to find in agencies nowadays.

The client portfolio was also a nice touch though.

Cons

The lack of agency identity just kills me. There's zero office culture and it comes through in Legacy's branding and identity. Just look at the website, it's embarrassedly dated. Management is too afraid to take any risks, which results in a stale and boring creative.

Speaking of creatives, there are talented creatives in the office, but they're stifled by the workload. Management expects five creatives to tackle 30+ clients with no turn-around-time. What a nightmare. There's absolutely no creative leadership whatsoever, and it definitely shows within the cookie-cutter work.

I've ran into many instances where employees still have no idea what exactly Legacy does. They use a ton of marketing buzzwords in hopes to make sense, but they really aren't saying anything. This may be a result of management lacking a steady vision or goal - I'm not sure.

One last thing, all of the departments are heavily siloed. This just perpetuates the lack of teamwork and identity. There are some who try to cross party-lines, so to them, I thank you.

I really hope the best for Legacy. They have a really great list of clients and good people around them. I just think management needs to be refreshed.

Take more risks, update your "new" website and show some original work. I know it's in there somewhere.

Legacy MP

Current Employee - MBN Supervisor

I have been working at Legacy Marketing Partners as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I like that I work on my own and have a lot of independence. The pay is great as well.

Cons

It is difficult to get anyone from "up the ladder" to return communications, until it becomes a problem.

Take your employees' advice so that we can stop problems before they develop.

Fantastic culture, lots of growth and opportunity, longer hours than most

I have been working at Legacy Marketing Partners full-time

Pros

The company culture is great - the agency throws happy hours pretty much every week, there's a full bar upstairs stocked with client booze, the River North location is great and the office promotes a fun/creative environment. Can't say enough about the leadership of the partners: adventurous, entrepreneurial, friendly, flexible, driven. Company seems to be growing and retaining top talent, agency heads aren't afraid to let go of dead weight or invest in a new direction.

Cons

Worked longer hours here than any company I've worked for... but having a good time in the process. I'm hoping to get my nights and weekends back soon.

Don't sell out to a holding company. Decrease PTO days and increase mandatory company-wide holidays.

Disorganized company with a cut-rate creative department stuck in a rut

I worked at Legacy Marketing Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

This place exists to churn out the same event ad-nauseum, and they have figured out how to do exactly that. They have built a national network that enables lots of managed bar stuff but rely on it to cover for bland, unoriginal thinking.

Cons

Inept creative staff and leadership do whatever nearsighted and overreaching account supervisors want. Zero real creativity, almost zero creative pedegree across the board in creative leadership. Little to no grasp on the realities of the markets. Lots of work is done to please certain clients by making knowingly terrible or wasteful work. They want to do more real advertising but are sorrowfully underprepared to compete with real advertising agencies.

Stop churning the same ideas repeatedly and going with bottom option creative talent running and staffin accounts. Teach your account people that they need to work in partnership with

Very organized, fun events

Current Employee - Event Supervisor  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Event Supervisor in Miami, FL

I have been working at Legacy Marketing Partners part-time for less than a year

Pros

flexible hours, reimburse for mileage

Cons

can be slow or busy during weekend; hard to forecast.

Great company to work for!

I have been working at Legacy Marketing Partners part-time

Pros

Great pay, work On Premise usually 2 out of the 3 nights on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday nights and then 3 hour admin per evening doing recaps and visiting storage unit to stock up on supplies. Great market manager as boss.

Cons

Late hours on nights and weekends. Only part time work. Usually average 15 hours per week with outside after event work. No benefits.

Work you like a dog

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador

I worked at Legacy Marketing Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great for socializing

Cool coworkers

Good medical benefits

Cons

Insane hours

Poor morale

Ineffective management

Worked for Legacy Marketing Partners? Contribute to the Community!