Legacy Marketing Partners

Updated Jun 23, 2014

Vince Parrinello

mbn sup

Chicago, IL

Prosflexible, great mileage reimbursements, learn as you go.

Consno benefits as a sup, although i full time employees do enjoy great perks

Great company to work for

MBN Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsFor the most part, you get to choose which events you work that weekend.
    Time off policies are great as well, you just have to inform your market manager ahead of time.
    Training is good, depending on your market manager. Mine was great and very informative.

ConsI see no challenges in working for Legacy, it was a great experience. The challenges you may face are difficult account managers but there are typically only a couple that make your life difficult.

Safe & Boring Agency

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGenuinely nice employees trying their best in a broken/dated agency. The saving grace about being at Legacy was the people. I've made some really close connections with my former colleagues and I'm glad to have met all of them, but they really deserve a better agency environment.

The work-life balance is pretty manageable, which is pretty hard to find in agencies nowadays.

The client portfolio was also a nice touch though.

ConsThe lack of agency identity just kills me. There's zero office culture and it comes through in Legacy's branding and identity. Just look at the website, it's embarrassedly dated. Management is too afraid to take any risks, which results in a stale and boring creative.

Speaking of creatives, there are talented creatives in the office, but they're stifled by the workload. Management expects five creatives to tackle 30+ clients with no turn-around-time. What a nightmare. There's absolutely no creative leadership whatsoever, and it definitely shows within the cookie-cutter work.

I've ran into many instances where employees still have no idea what exactly Legacy does. They use a ton of marketing buzzwords in hopes to make sense, but they really aren't saying anything. This may be a result of management lacking a steady vision or goal - I'm not sure.

One last thing, all of the departments are heavily siloed. This just perpetuates the lack of teamwork and identity. There are some who try to cross party-lines, so to them, I thank you.

I really hope the best for Legacy. They have a really great list of clients and good people around them. I just think management needs to be refreshed.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more risks, update your "new" website and show some original work. I know it's in there somewhere.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Legacy MP

MBN Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsI like that I work on my own and have a lot of independence. The pay is great as well.

ConsIt is difficult to get anyone from "up the ladder" to return communications, until it becomes a problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake your employees' advice so that we can stop problems before they develop.

Disorganized company with a cut-rate creative department stuck in a rut

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis place exists to churn out the same event ad-nauseum, and they have figured out how to do exactly that. They have built a national network that enables lots of managed bar stuff but rely on it to cover for bland, unoriginal thinking.

ConsInept creative staff and leadership do whatever nearsighted and overreaching account supervisors want. Zero real creativity, almost zero creative pedegree across the board in creative leadership. Little to no grasp on the realities of the markets. Lots of work is done to please certain clients by making knowingly terrible or wasteful work. They want to do more real advertising but are sorrowfully underprepared to compete with real advertising agencies.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop churning the same ideas repeatedly and going with bottom option creative talent running and staffin accounts. Teach your account people that they need to work in partnership with

Fantastic culture, lots of growth and opportunity, longer hours than most

ProsThe company culture is great - the agency throws happy hours pretty much every week, there's a full bar upstairs stocked with client booze, the River North location is great and the office promotes a fun/creative environment. Can't say enough about the leadership of the partners: adventurous, entrepreneurial, friendly, flexible, driven. Company seems to be growing and retaining top talent, agency heads aren't afraid to let go of dead weight or invest in a new direction.

ConsWorked longer hours here than any company I've worked for... but having a good time in the process. I'm hoping to get my nights and weekends back soon.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't sell out to a holding company. Decrease PTO days and increase mandatory company-wide holidays.

Very organized, fun events

Event Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Miami, FL

Prosflexible hours, reimburse for mileage

Conscan be slow or busy during weekend; hard to forecast.

Great company to work for!

MBN Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsGreat pay, work On Premise usually 2 out of the 3 nights on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday nights and then 3 hour admin per evening doing recaps and visiting storage unit to stock up on supplies. Great market manager as boss.

ConsLate hours on nights and weekends. Only part time work. Usually average 15 hours per week with outside after event work. No benefits.

Work you like a dog

Brand Ambassador (Former Employee)

ProsGreat for socializing

Ineffective management

Part Time

Miami, FL

ProsFlexible Hours, Bonus Opportunities, Room for growth with company

ConsNot enough hours, false information, Slow movement

Worked for Legacy Marketing Partners? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Legacy Marketing Partners reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Legacy Marketing Partners CEO Vince Parrinello. All 42 reviews posted anonymously by Legacy Marketing Partners employees.