Legacy Marketing of Boston

Legacy Marketing of Boston Founder, CEO & President Collin Ausfeld
Collin Ausfeld

Great Place to work with Great People

I worked at Legacy Marketing of Boston

Pros

I have worked with Legacy for years. Their management team is awesome and they have a great atmosphere. They provide a lot of opportunity

Cons

Don't really have any cons

Inspiring company with an amazing training program and growth potential for those striving for leadership

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Legacy Marketing of Boston full-time for less than a year

Pros

The most valuable asset of this company is its people. Everyone here works together and genuinely seeks the best interest of the other team members. I have never come across a work environment with such a strong sense of unity and belonging.
    The second most valuable asset is the opportunity for growth and development that Legacy Marketing provides. While there are other similar companies in the Boston Area, part of what sets Legacy apart is the exponential growth potential that it offers to hard working individuals that are looking for leadership positions and have an entrepreneurial mindset.
    In my opinion, the other most notable asset is the training program, which is truly unparalleled. I have not come across anything like this. All those hired by the firm go through an extensive training program that covers all areas of management. This includes literally everything from sales, human resources, public speaking, to accounting, finance and of course management.

Cons

This is a fast paced job that is very demanding and requires a considerable commitment and a dedicated mindset. I would not recommend this program to those who are looking to make a quick buck, or anyone who is merely looking for a stable income in sales. If you are willing to sacrifice a typical 9 to 5, to develop through the program and reach management, I would advice any serious individual endowed with a good work ethic to apply. Despite what others might comment on these reviews and what you might come across through the web, as someone who has actually been in the business for some time, I can sincerely say that Legacy Marketing is a genuine and honest firm and there is no place I would rather be.

Amazing place to work and grow

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer  in  Allston, MA
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Allston, MA

Pros

This is a great company to work for. You are given all the tools you need to be successful and grow. Everyone that I work with especially the manager are there to help in any way possible. You are able to learn so much in a short amount of time.

Cons

The only thing I would change is that we need more snacks in the break room!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Extremely misleading, college grads stay away!!!

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Allston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Allston, MA

I worked at Legacy Marketing of Boston full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you can manage to stay and work here off full commission it will look good on your resume. Assuming future employers never bother to look at reviews for legacy marketing of Boston. The one useful thing one can learn from Legacy is how to successfully lie and manipulate people. They seem to know a lot about that.

Cons

The hiring manager claims he wants to see everyone "succeed" and be promoted to an ownership position where someone could run their own independent franchise.

Although Legacy refuses to provide any gas/tolls reimbursement, receiving a training bonus is like pulling teeth, and any sales you do manage to close be ready to have all your paperwork and a lawyer ready to even get paid on them.

What kind of business owner doesnt expense their employees gas or tolls? Legacy will recruit anyone to do sales for them since it's basically risk free for them to hire candidates. If you do actually decide to work here expect to see a high turnover rate.

I was given an empty promise on my final interview that the company had the finest training program, only to find out I was dropped off in a sales territory with no idea what I was doing and a broken tablet.

This company uses people. If you look at the company pictures on their social media or op facebook will notice only the the refeptionist and the owner are the only ones still in the office.

If you have to make fake reviews about the company then it's time to change something. Revise the culture and think of new incentives that actually allow people to work with legacy without going broke. It's unethical.

Solely Commission Business to Business Sales

I worked at Legacy Marketing of Boston full-time

Pros

Legacy Marketing of Boston has pre-set contracts with companies, such as Verizon, and does the outside sales for them. Legacy Marketing offers their employees minimal, sub-par, sales training every morning; but these meetings become repetitive quickly (going over a company checklist of the same basic concepts over and over).

One pro is that the experience learned through Legacy Marketing can be used as a resume builder: sounding fancy saying you were a "Corporate Trainer" working for a fortune 500 client.

Another pro is that the person who interviews you will be really nice to you. This is done so you take the job and so they can build their sales team, and then hopefully get promoted. The people who work underneath the owner, Collin, are great; but mislead, and for the lack of a better term, are being "sold" the idea of being a sales manager, because they really are not.

Cons

I found everything about Legacy Marketing of Boston extraordinarily misleading. The initial ads posted on craigslist, careerbuilder, and LinkedIn all said salary+benefits, or based on experience. This lie is held up until the 3rd round interview, where favourable potential employees are then told that they will be working solely off commission. Regardless of ones experience he/she will work off full commission.

Another major flaw/con pertaining to Legacy Marketing is that you must spend a minimum of 2 hours every day in the office for free with absolutely no compensation whatsoever. The owner, Collin, will continuously sell you the idea of being able to run your own business in order to have you drive sales for the company, and thus increase his paycheck.

Legacy Marketing continuously recruits new candidates, and new entrants receive poor training which leads to a high turnover rate (I have personally witnessed dozens of employees come and go during my time at Legacy). You are sold on the idea of being able to make ends meet by doing simple door-to-door sales, but the sales are not simple, and many sales take days, and even weeks, to finalize. Collin has never sold our product, Verizon, himself, and he has absolutely no idea of the workings of the business (i.e. what his employees do). If you ask Collin for help on a tablet (your main method of processing sales) he will tell you to ask someone else, and dismiss you.

Finally, Legacy Marketing operates as an umbrella company with Credico at the top, overseeing over 100 direct sales offices. Some of the owners of these offices run opportunity offices: they drive their employees to get promoted and branch out on their own. Meanwhile the other offices operate as "just sales" offices where the owners push to drive sales with no real opportunity at the forefront for their employees. Legacy Marketing of Boston is one of these "just sales" offices.

Oh, and just to mention it, you are not compensated for gas. I.e. it is an out of pocket expense driving to the office,sales territories, or any other places, 6 days a week, on behalf of Legacy Marketing.

Honor your verbal agreements, stop lying during the interviewing process, stop bombarding glassdoor with fake reviews, and lastly, please seek advice from other business owners on how to run a company with integrity.

Platform to learn Business

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Allston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allston, MA

Pros

Legacy is a great platform to learn Business skills like sales, marketing and managing workforce. The company has a profound vision and strong leadership. Very friendly work environment and the perfect place for self starters.

Cons

Needs to improve on accountability and new hire orientation.

Have a weekly only new hire meeting where the top management can convey the company's vision and also show the new hires the opportunities to growth. Have a bi-weekly review of the corporate trainers regarding their performance of team management.

Apr 25, 2014Human Resources

Thank you for this advice! We will look to implement a more formal orientation for new hires. We will also think about creating personalized development plans for each individual.

A great place to learn and grow!

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Boston, MA

I worked at Legacy Marketing of Boston full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to develop entrepreneurial habits and gain real world marketing experience. Friendly and competitive environment. High employee standards.

Cons

Commission pay may not be for everyone -If you have a bad attitude you'll have a bad paycheck!

Fraud

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer

I worked at Legacy Marketing of Boston full-time

Pros

Learn how to lie

Cons

100% commision. Literally all door to door sales or giving away free stuff. College graduates stay away, its a complete waste of time!! Honestly the fakest place I've ever worked. NEW AGE PYRAMID SCHEME!

Stop lying to people during the interviews.

May 6, 2014Human Resources

According to Merriam-Webster Dictionary, fraud is defined as:

1) the crime of using dishonest methods to take something valuable from another person

- There is nothing dishonest about the
    ... More

Young, supportive community yet difficult to make money

Former Employee - Associate Executive  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Associate Executive in Boston, MA

I worked at Legacy Marketing of Boston full-time for less than a year

Pros

The environment in the office is full of energy and everyone helps each other out. The management cares on the individual level.

Cons

The employees are sent outdoors in the freezing cold (often for an entire day) in order to make sales. A new campaign requires door to door sales in the dark and in the cold in potentially unsafe neighborhoods. The pay is ALL commission based; you do not even get paid to train. It's also difficult to make money sometimes especially when you can't feel your hands or feet while outside.

Once you get out of the office, the management uses a very "hands off" approach guiding their employees.

During the interview process tell people they will be outdoors and that the pay is all commission based. From what I could tell none of the trainees knew either of these things; which means management is intentionally leaving out information.

Apr 25, 2014Human Resources

Yes, you are outdoors when you're traveling for appointments or events. Our clients have found that our face-to-face marketing approach is the best way to build relationships and boost customer ... More

Fraudulent company, avoid, don't waste your time

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I worked at Legacy Marketing of Boston full-time for less than a year

Pros

everybody gets hired to sell phones to poor people

Cons

where do i begin?

job was misleading, waste of time, ad was for a marketing position, instead, it's a door to door sales position, did a shadow day in a hospital in a relatively dangerous area, wasn't even told about this, then basically spent the day approaching random strangers asking if they want a free phone; if you get conned into spending the day helping someone make money (because you are basically free labor) then stick around, otherwise, go home, watch tv, and eat some potato chips cause that's a better use of your time

someone should report this company, their hiring practices border fraud, half the reviews here has to be written by the owners, nobody in their right mind would want to work here unless you're really desperate!!!

change your practices or you might end up in jail someday

Apr 25, 2014Human Resources

Just to clarify this comment, we currently manage 3 campaigns and the promotion of lifeline assistance phones to people who are in transition is just one of them. That is quite judgmental and ... More

Worked for Legacy Marketing of Boston? Contribute to the Community!