Legacy Marketing of Boston

Legacy Marketing of Boston Founder, CEO & President Collin Ausfeld

Collin Ausfeld

Platform to learn Business

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Allston, MA

ProsLegacy is a great platform to learn Business skills like sales, marketing and managing workforce. The company has a profound vision and strong leadership. Very friendly work environment and the perfect place for self starters.

ConsNeeds to improve on accountability and new hire orientation.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a weekly only new hire meeting where the top management can convey the company's vision and also show the new hires the opportunities to growth. Have a bi-weekly review of the corporate trainers regarding their performance of team management.

Apr 25, 2014

Thank you for this advice! We will look to implement a more formal orientation for new hires. We will also think about creating personalized development plans for each individual.

A great place to learn and grow!

Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGreat place to develop entrepreneurial habits and gain real world marketing experience. Friendly and competitive environment. High employee standards.

ConsCommission pay may not be for everyone -If you have a bad attitude you'll have a bad paycheck!

Fraud

Corporate Trainer (Former Employee)

ProsLearn how to lie

Cons100% commision. Literally all door to door sales or giving away free stuff. College graduates stay away, its a complete waste of time!! Honestly the fakest place I've ever worked. NEW AGE PYRAMID SCHEME!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying to people during the interviews.

May 6, 2014

According to Merriam-Webster Dictionary, fraud is defined as:

1) the crime of using dishonest methods to take something valuable from another person

- There is nothing dishonest about the
    ... More
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Young, supportive community yet difficult to make money

Associate Executive (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsThe environment in the office is full of energy and everyone helps each other out. The management cares on the individual level.

ConsThe employees are sent outdoors in the freezing cold (often for an entire day) in order to make sales. A new campaign requires door to door sales in the dark and in the cold in potentially unsafe neighborhoods. The pay is ALL commission based; you do not even get paid to train. It's also difficult to make money sometimes especially when you can't feel your hands or feet while outside.

Once you get out of the office, the management uses a very "hands off" approach guiding their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementDuring the interview process tell people they will be outdoors and that the pay is all commission based. From what I could tell none of the trainees knew either of these things; which means management is intentionally leaving out information.

Apr 25, 2014

Yes, you are outdoors when you're traveling for appointments or events. Our clients have found that our face-to-face marketing approach is the best way to build relationships and boost customer ... More

Fraudulent company, avoid, don't waste your time

Account Executive (Former Employee) Boston, MA

Proseverybody gets hired to sell phones to poor people

Conswhere do i begin?

job was misleading, waste of time, ad was for a marketing position, instead, it's a door to door sales position, did a shadow day in a hospital in a relatively dangerous area, wasn't even told about this, then basically spent the day approaching random strangers asking if they want a free phone; if you get conned into spending the day helping someone make money (because you are basically free labor) then stick around, otherwise, go home, watch tv, and eat some potato chips cause that's a better use of your time

someone should report this company, their hiring practices border fraud, half the reviews here has to be written by the owners, nobody in their right mind would want to work here unless you're really desperate!!!

Advice to Senior Managementchange your practices or you might end up in jail someday

Apr 25, 2014

Just to clarify this comment, we currently manage 3 campaigns and the promotion of lifeline assistance phones to people who are in transition is just one of them. That is quite judgmental and ... More

Legacy Marketing of Boston is a fantastic company with lots of growth opportunities but be prepared to work hard!

Entry Level Marketing Associate (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsThe team environment and strong support in the day-to-day operations from management and peers is a huge plus. In my previous jobs, it was an absolute chore to get out of bed and go to work, let alone look forward to what I was doing or people I would be working with. At Legacy Marketing of Boston, I genuinely enjoy the lively morning workshops and training.

During college, I was a competitive athlete and could immediately relate to the team structure here as well business coaching and goal setting. Discipline is the greatest skill that anyone can master in sports and business.

I would recommend this company to anyone who enjoys a team-like atmosphere, success rewarded for hard work, and enthusiastic employees.

ConsThe Management-in-Training Program is definitely not for everyone. You need to be prepared for hard work and have a "No Excuses!" mentality. However, diligence pays off! Every day presents a new challenge and a fresh start, you just need a willingness to learn and achieve your goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to build relationships inside and outside of the office. Support your people and show interest in their goals and daily life.

Interesting Learning Experience

Pros1. I've gained a lot of confidence from always approaching and conversing with strangers.

2. I've become more persuasive and better at communicating.

3. I've learned what kind of business person I want to be.

4. I have a strong bond with my team.

5. Due to the company's structure, "staying positive" is deeply instilled. I've been able to translate that to other areas of my life.

6. Their Manager-In-Training program actually does work, albeit to only a select few (those who don't get discouraged and quit after the first few months). It IS possible to go through the system and come out with your own business. That business will have an identical business structure. If you get your own business, you can open your office anywhere. If your business spawns many other businesses, you can pursue something else in your spare time, as everyone under you will be making money for you.

Cons1. My interview was misleading; the amount of money I would be making was extremely exaggerated. They show you a chart with "average earnings". That chart is grossly inaccurate.

-They DO tell you that you earn a commission. What they don't tell you is the exact commission. If you work on their Assurance Wireless campaign, the commission is currently $3.50/phone.

-They won't tell you that in order to get paid, applications you submit must be APPROVED, and a phone must be SHIPPED OUT. Many customer's applications don't end up getting approved (only one person/household can have a phone and many customers don't tell you they live in homeless shelters; if someone lost their phone more than 2 months ago but another person was using it WITHOUT THEIR KNOWLEDGE, the application fails etc.).

-They won't tell you that it takes at least 2 or so weeks for a phone to be shipped out, so your first check won't arrive for almost a month after you start. It will reflect your first week's work. Your second check reflects your second week's work etc..

2. In order to be promoted from the lowest rank (Account Executive), you need to get 150 applications within a 5 day period. This is a source of conflict. You could sign a bunch of people up who you know WON'T be approved to gain numbers and thus inadvertently mislead customers. Doing this also lowers your paycheck. OR. You can take your time, make sure to only sign up people who WILL be approved, make the customers happy, and be more secure about what money you're going to make that week. Sadly, the second option is discouraged. **There was a lot of misinformation given to me by SOME superiors about the product. I was very upset when I found out I was unintentionally misleading customers. Management doesn't seem to care.

3. In order to be promoted from the second tier (Corporate Trainer), you need to interview, retain, and promote Account Executives. Because of this, it's in the CTs best interest to go at great lengths to get their recruits promoted, even at the cost of their own paycheck. A CT might spend the day ONLY getting numbers for their AE.

This is frustrating because most new hires don't last long. People just don't like the ratio of applications submitted/applications approved. The paychecks are very small for the 8:00-6:00 days. An average full-time AE might make $350-$450/week. If a CT is spending all their time trying to promote an AE, they're making even less. Additionally, even though they're told in the beginning that they will most likely be outside regardless of the weather, no one wants to be out in the middle of a blizzard trying to give away phones to people who most likely don't want to be out in the middle of a blizzard.

4. When signing forms to start employment, you're given a form related to health insurance. As of this post, they don't provide health insurance to any employee.

5. The job requires a lot of driving; at least 2 or so hours a day are spent in a car. You are not reimbursed for gas/travel. They also don't tell you this during the interview.

6. There are no background checks done on employees. A new hire is now facing 25-life for armed robbery.

7. The CEO seems to encourage the above (minus the armed robbery).

Advice to Senior Management1. BE HONEST! And also respectful!
    2. Raise the commission please.
    3. Gas money?
    4. Health insurance?
    5. Let us get into the field earlier!

Ego-search destination for a new beginning

Entrepreneurship (Former Employee) Boston, MA

Pros- Some of the best management-in-training program in the market.
    - Very good learning and hands on experience of start-up process
    - Numerous impactful moments and helps guiding toward dreams and goals of every single individual.

Cons- Under estimated and needs more love

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and be a sensei to us all!!

Unprofessional work environment

Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) Allston, MA

ProsI can't think of one positive thing

ConsFirst of all the job is 100% commission which they interviewee lied to me about. Second off its B2B sales but you spend over 4 hrs of the day in the office making no money learning about sales tool like SEE factors and the SAW principle which might help you sell more lemonade at your neighborhood stand but not likely to help you achieve a healthy sustainably income. I worked here for 8 months and probably saw 50 people come and go all because the training is very poor. I was trained by a new CT everyday and learned all these basic elementary sales skills that might help sell some girl scout cookies but don't help you sell a product thats been pushed for years in areas that hate you and verizon! I was told to do whatever it took to make a sale including lying to customers. My boss at the time, who didn't know one thing about business, told me to lie to customers to get a deal because thats what it takes to run a successful business. Sadly this was coming from a man who used drugs in the office. This is a sad place and the stress took years off my life.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open and honest with your employees and grateful instead of telling them how you don't need them to be successful.

Great Work Experience and Resume Builder for College Graduates

Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) Waltham, MA

ProsFun work Atmosphere with great support from upper management.

ConsLow compensations structure and involves 85% of travel

Advice to Senior ManagementGive employees monthly gas money

Worked for Legacy Marketing of Boston? Contribute to the Community!