Legacy Partners

Add Photos

Legacy Partners CEO C. Preston Butcher

C. Preston Butcher

Good while it lasted

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Legacy Partners full-time

ProsCompensation, Life/Work Balance, Great Supervisor and people

ConsJob Security, Ups and Downs in the market dictated size of department.

Assistant manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Legacy Partners full-time

ProsGreat benefits and growth opportunity

ConsCommunication between senior management and staff could be better

Glad it's over!

Leasing Consultant (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Legacy Partners full-time for more than a year

ProsNot much to say. I guess that you don't have to clock in and out everyday. You just fill in your time card online. Manager comes in an hour late and leaves an hour early almost everyday; which means that you get to focus on your work during those hours and are not interrupted by the manager shouting from his office asking stupid questions that he can find the answers to on his own.

ConsBenefits suck! You are way better off buying benefits on your own. Pay is way too low. You can make more money elsewhere. If you are hired with decent pay, they will manipulate the financials so that you do not make your bonus for the month even though you met your goals. The property I'm at is old and very ghetto. Company is too cheap to even buy office supplies such as ink for printers or paper. Sometimes we may go a few days without either. No support from District Manager, yet they want you to produce, produce, produce. If residents complain and call District Manager they end up getting more money back instead of paying what they owe. Then you are chastised for doing your job. Absurd!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet real! There is nothing wrong with expressing to a resident the word "NO". The whole "pick your battles" motto does not mean bend over and open wide. Stand up and act like a manager!

Try investing a few cents in your older properties. Plumbing is getting bad, roofs are leaking, termites are falling from the ceilings. Pathetic!

Invest more money and training in your employees. I bet if you do this, you'll be able to retain happier employees and have less turn over.

You Have Been Warned

Operations - Multifamily (Former Employee)
Irvine, CA

I worked at Legacy Partners full-time for more than 8 years

ProsDiversity in asset type, with the potential to transition into a number of sectors (multifamily, commercial, industrial). Commercial division is highly respected for its management and leadership.

ConsThe Multifamily Division leadership is poor, with narcissistic overtones... Certain members of the executive level have a reputation for black-listing past employees if they differ philosophically on how one should conduct himself personally in a professional setting. Be very careful what you say (no matter how morally appropriate), and to whom...

Advice to Senior ManagementA company is only as good, or bad as its top leaders in their respective roles. Squelch, or replace those in your organization who are giving the company a bad name by bad-mouthing past employees, both internally and externally...

Degrading

Sales (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Legacy Partners full-time for more than a year

ProsThe Communities are well developed and they have a Resort feel...A beautiful product to sell and call home...

ConsTo be Successful and have any longevity with the company you better hope you are able to brown nose and stayed on a certain someone favorite list. They do not value knowledge, experience or professionalism.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe fair and follow company policies not personal feelings.

The Best Job I Have Ever Had

Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
Foster City, CA

I worked at Legacy Partners as a contractor for less than a year

ProsI worked in the Yardi Support department and they were the nicest group I have ever worked with. The office is located on the bay with beautiful views.

ConsI honestly cannot think of any cons, the only reason I left was because I moved out of state.

Ok place to work, good resume builder.

Property Administrator (Current Employee)
Denver, CO

I have been working at Legacy Partners

ProsLegacy does do a good job in keeping up the appearance of the properties.

ConsIf you have a good property manager it makes all the difference between a good place and a bad place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe required paper work and and reports are redundant and a huge waste of time. Upper management needs to be at the properties more often to really know what's happening.

Poorly managed company - Legacy Partners.

West Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Legacy Partners

ProsBeautiful brand new building I was able to manage.

ConsThe most poorly organzied property management company. The communication between corporate and community is non-existant. The complexity of the community I was managing was completely ignored and I was not able to spend the money needed in order to complete the building that construction left behind.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue.

Maintenance crew review for Legacy

Maintenance Tech (Current Employee)

I have been working at Legacy Partners

ProsSupervisor or Lead Technician was extremely helpful and informative when handing out projects to complete. Knowledge of what needed to be done on a daily basis was excellent and coordination and repor with the residents was very good. Once shown my abilities, the lead technician let me handle all of the maintenance on the property with the assurance it would be completed in a speedy and timely manner.

ConsProperties managed were old and needed constant upkeep. Organization of materials and equipment for repair was not condusive to quick and speedy service to customers. Site manager needs to be more involved with the everyday activities which involved the repair and upkeep of the apartments to gain a better understanding of what is done by the maintenacne staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementVisit all of the properties and accept feedback from not only site managers but the workers to perform the maintenance tasks on a daily basis.

I hope you're rested, have savings in the bank, & don't believe in common sense.

Property Manager (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Legacy Partners

ProsTo have a job with Benefits and other people to vent to when you are understaffed, unsupported and set up for failure.

ConsWorking for a company that is only skin deep and does not appreciate or recognize anything you do or solutions you bring to the table. Common phrases from Regional Management is...'I don't have time, just get to the point in 25 words or less"...as they roll their eyes at you and twirl their hair. Another common phrase is...'Not my property, not my problem'.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together! Be realistic. Reality & Time Management are two totally different issues. Property Management cannot be run the same way it was run 25 years ago.

Worked for Legacy Partners? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Legacy Partners reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Legacy Partners CEO C. Preston Butcher. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by Legacy Partners employees.