Legacy Vacation Club

Legacy Vacation Club Reviews

1.8

Tony Picciano
1 Rating

Beautiful Property. Very unorganized, unethical Management.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Legacy Vacation Club part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fellow Employees are great, nice, friendly, and helpful.

Cons

Upper Management not very nice. Degrading regular employees, they look down on them and are unorganized.

We are all in this together, keep your employees happy, after all, you count on them to keep your guests happy. Get off your high horse, take care of your employees out on the front lines, instead of looking/talking down to them.

Completely disgusted and frustrated

Former Employee - Collections in Kissimmee, FL
    Former Employee - Collections in Kissimmee, FL

I worked at Legacy Vacation Club full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I cant say anything good about working for Legacy NOTHING AT ALL!!!

Cons

I was a model employee never late worked all the overtime possible and was the top producer every month for two years, however my supervisor had a real problem telling the truth.

Get a real grip on your collections department you have a manager who will lie about anything to save her job I was terminated for following a DIRECT order. the rules apply to all employees and should not change for an individual. Tony PAY ATTENTION!!!!

Not without its flaws, but certainly one of the better jobs I've had

Current Employee - Director of Activities in Indian Shores, FL
    Current Employee - Director of Activities in Indian Shores, FL

I have been working at Legacy Vacation Club full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is not my first time working in hospitality, but it is certainly my best. My coworkers are great people, the guests are amazing, and the property I work at is small and peaceful. This is the furthest from a shaky work environment than my previous hospitality job. Everyone at our Indian Shores location works like a team for Grade-A guest service which is what has won our property a Gold Crown 3 years in a row.

Though the company has its shortcomings, I find myself quite happy here and proud to call myself an employee of Legacy.

Cons

The pay is about mid-grade for a hospitality job. It's above minimum wage, but lower than other companies have paid their GSAs; the pay is satisfying enough for me, though I feel I should point out that it is not up to par with other hospitality establishments.

Also, our resort manager here has everything on his plate and more gets piled on. Understandably, the role of a resort (or any general) manager is about taking the entirety of the property into his/her hands and positively representing the brand, but resort managers at Legacy do admittedly have far too much piled onto them that could be delegated elsewhere. Resort Management seems to have turnover almost as high as its Housekeeping departments'.

There IS a presence of corporate politics within the company as well; it's the kind of corporate politics where they center focus on trivial matters while ignoring more important matters that actually do affect the brand's equity/image. This doesn't really bother me that much as it is typical in virtually any corporation.

To senior management: Testing ideas (or at least seeking feedback) for new policies before implementing them is wise, and it would also help to actually listen and take into account feedback from your employees and managers as that is a leading method for finding what policies do and don't work. Simply saying "You're going to do this! Oh, you don't think that works? Well tough, we said do it so do it." is not conducive toward growing the brand. Please learn from other companies' mistakes.

Dissapointed

Current Employee - Resort Manager in Steamboat Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Resort Manager in Steamboat Springs, CO

I have been working at Legacy Vacation Club

Pros

The pay is great, and so are the benifits. I would say I am not upset I am here. but I wish it was as strong as they say they were.

Cons

Dissapointed in the upper management. WIsh it was alittle more detailed when requesting reports and budgets. Not happy at the end of the day.

I would recommend that when you ask for a project be done you give details on what you are requesting and be patient something can't be done over night. They need time and direction.

Easily the worst company I've ever worked for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Legacy Vacation Club

Pros

There are no attributes that this company possesses that would make worthwhile working for. Incompetence throughout the senior leadership. Low pay.

Cons

They change managers monthly. No one seems to have a clear vision of what the future should hold. Front line employees are not heard or appreciated.

Get leadership with vision and have them stick to a formula, rather than switching directions on a whim every few months. Value your employees!

Legacy is headed for the same fate as Celebrity

I have been working at Legacy Vacation Club full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are none company has been hijacked

Cons

Most of the remodel work is being done by a company owned (secretly) by a senior corporate officer.... his workers are paid under the table.. we're told to mind our own business... your told to gather bids for work..all so he can underbid them and make it look legitimate.....meanwhile the work is halfass and we then have to try to fix it with no budget..