Legacy Vacation Club

need to investigate

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Steamboat Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Steamboat Springs, CO

I have been working at Legacy Vacation Club

Pros

great place to work and very nice place and most of associates

Cons

working will associates that use someone elses social security number ..2 sister using each others documentation papers ..passport ..etc

Advice to Management

dig further one people over here and if they are legal fine if not call authories to pick them up...

I cant warn you enough to stay away!!

I worked at Legacy Vacation Club

Pros

Absolutely NONE! I have nothing good to say about them.

Cons

I spent six or seven years with this company. I moved several times throughout my time with them, only to be set up and terminated after Celebrity Resorts filed for Bankruptcy and created Legacy Vacation Club. Jared Meyers never had the courtesy to return my calls or emails after I gave so much for that company.

Don't waste time, talent or effort -won't change or improve

Former Employee - Resort Manager in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Resort Manager in Reno, NV

I worked at Legacy Vacation Club

Pros

corporate officers thousands of miles away

Cons

corporate offices don't understand market

Advice to Management

don't

Completely disgusted and frustrated

Former Employee - Collections in Kissimmee, FL
    Former Employee - Collections in Kissimmee, FL

I worked at Legacy Vacation Club full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I cant say anything good about working for Legacy NOTHING AT ALL!!!

Cons

I was a model employee never late worked all the overtime possible and was the top producer every month for two years, however my supervisor had a real problem telling the truth.

Advice to Management

Get a real grip on your collections department you have a manager who will lie about anything to save her job I was terminated for following a DIRECT order. the rules apply to all employees and should not change for an individual. Tony PAY ATTENTION!!!!

Beautiful Property. Very unorganized, unethical Management.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Legacy Vacation Club part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fellow Employees are great, nice, friendly, and helpful.

Cons

Upper Management not very nice. Degrading regular employees, they look down on them and are unorganized.

Advice to Management

We are all in this together, keep your employees happy, after all, you count on them to keep your guests happy. Get off your high horse, take care of your employees out on the front lines, instead of looking/talking down to them.

Not without its flaws, but certainly one of the better jobs I've had

Current Employee - Director of Activities in Indian Shores, FL
    Current Employee - Director of Activities in Indian Shores, FL

I have been working at Legacy Vacation Club full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is not my first time working in hospitality, but it is certainly my best. My coworkers are great people, the guests are amazing, and the property I work at is small and peaceful. This is the furthest from a shaky work environment than my previous hospitality job. Everyone at our Indian Shores location works like a team for Grade-A guest service which is what has won our property a Gold Crown 3 years in a row. Though the company has its shortcomings, I find myself quite happy here and proud to call myself an employee of Legacy.

Cons

The pay is about mid-grade for a hospitality job. It's above minimum wage, but lower than other companies have paid their GSAs; the pay is satisfying enough for me, though I feel I should point out that it is not up to par with other hospitality establishments. Also, our resort manager here has everything on his plate and more gets piled on. Understandably, the role of a resort (or any general) manager is about taking the entirety of the property into his/her hands and positively representing the brand, but resort managers at Legacy do admittedly have far too much piled onto them that could be delegated elsewhere. Resort Management seems to have turnover almost as high as its Housekeeping departments'. There IS a presence of corporate politics within the company as well; it's the kind of corporate politics where they center focus on trivial matters while ignoring more important matters that actually do affect the brand's equity/image. This doesn't really bother me that much as it is typical in virtually any corporation.

Advice to Management

To senior management: Testing ideas (or at least seeking feedback) for new policies before implementing them is wise, and it would also help to actually listen and take into account feedback from your employees and managers as that is a leading method for finding what policies do and don't work. Simply saying "You're going to do this! Oh, you don't think that works? Well tough, we said do it so do it." is not conducive toward growing the brand. Please learn from other companies' mistakes.

Dissapointed

Current Employee - Resort Manager in Steamboat Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Resort Manager in Steamboat Springs, CO

I have been working at Legacy Vacation Club

Pros

The pay is great, and so are the benifits. I would say I am not upset I am here. but I wish it was as strong as they say they were.

Cons

Dissapointed in the upper management. WIsh it was alittle more detailed when requesting reports and budgets. Not happy at the end of the day.

Advice to Management

I would recommend that when you ask for a project be done you give details on what you are requesting and be patient something can't be done over night. They need time and direction.

Easily the worst company I've ever worked for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Legacy Vacation Club

Pros

There are no attributes that this company possesses that would make worthwhile working for. Incompetence throughout the senior leadership. Low pay.

Cons

They change managers monthly. No one seems to have a clear vision of what the future should hold. Front line employees are not heard or appreciated.

Advice to Management

Get leadership with vision and have them stick to a formula, rather than switching directions on a whim every few months. Value your employees!

Legacy is headed for the same fate as Celebrity

I have been working at Legacy Vacation Club full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are none company has been hijacked

Cons

Most of the remodel work is being done by a company owned (secretly) by a senior corporate officer.... his workers are paid under the table.. we're told to mind our own business... your told to gather bids for work..all so he can underbid them and make it look legitimate.....meanwhile the work is halfass and we then have to try to fix it with no budget..

RSS Feed </> Embed