Legal Access Plans

Updated May 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Robert L. Heston, Jr.

Great place if you like growth.

Member Services (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsVery flexible. Company understands that employees are people. If you are a go-getter, lots of room to do new things. Great team. Fun activities. Lots of lunches.

ConsGrowing company sometimes means stretching and doing lots with sometimes not enough. The growth has been nice though during a nationally bad economy.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd a bonus structure outside of a sales commission for other employees.

A miserable place to work. Run.

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsA pretty good location and comfortable office.

ConsManagement is a joke. Empty promises, unorganized, unethical and short staffed for mediocre pay.

Premier Legal insurance company, but is rotten in the core

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThis company provides great experience for someone looking to use it as a stepping stone.

ConsSenior Management abuses/harasses employees and retaliates against employees that follow the process to stop the harassment.

Advice to Senior ManagementLegal Access plans needs to replace some of it's senior management team. If Legal Access plans continues to conduct business and treat its employees the way it does, the company could see itself in a labor related lawsuit.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a good place to work at all

Matching (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsClose to the Galleria. Good parking. Nice office. Good nearby places to eat for lunch. Nothing else.

ConsNo pto; terrible management who will lie and spread rumors directly to your face; expensive benefits; management that just doesn't care about the employees; difficult employees who are flat out crazy and hard to get along with. This place will drain your sanity!!

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit screwing good people over in favor of the corrupt.

This is a great place to learn and grow if you are willing to put in the time and effort to do so.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFriendly employees. Flexible work hours. A company that gives back to the community. Many opportunities for career advancement and learning something new. Comfortable work surroundings and ample desk space. Team mentality. Like to celebrate.

ConsNeeds better vacation/pto structure. Need better systems to handle the quick growth. Need more IT resources to build baseline foundation processes. Need better work flow/employee ratio.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer a better vacation package and improve some basic functions to make day to day work easier. When changes are made, include those that it will affect before it happens and not after.

They care and are fair.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThey really care about making work as fun as work can be. We have events like an annual softball game and even had green beer last year for St Patrick's day. It is a small company that is growing so there are definitely pros and cons. I have been able to do alot of different types of things since working here, expanding my experience. Also, everyone is a close family and cares about one another.

ConsIt is a small company, so the health insurance rates aren't great. Also, since it is growing fast, which is obviously good, can sometimes be overwhelming and be lots of extra work. I guess that's the cost of growing. Nothing really bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focusing on the employees. It is worth it. I know everyone appreciates the fun and charitable stuff we do as a company. We also like to hear the good news, so don't forget to always share it with us.

miserable experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

Prosif they like you they will move you up fast
    if you're just starting they will pay you more than the other employees

Conswhat you walked thru the door wiht is what you will make for a fairly long time
    very little chance for advancement
    micromanaging doesnt begin to describe what management does
    takes care of all its upper level managers while its everyone else suffers
    management really could care less about you..you're just takin up space
    easily replacable
    you can't get sick, benefits are so extremely high and no one can afford them
    no paid off days and the rules for making your off days up change from day to day so you cant make up any missed days

Advice to Senior Managementgive your current and dedicated employees raises and their work will increase
    stop paying the new people more money in hopes that they will stay, once they find out what kind of comapny this really is they all leave within 3 months

Learning Experience

ProsThe location is not bad,not much traffic in the around the office.It's a small company so you get to know everyone.The job itself is not very difficult,and the service they offer the clients are very useful.

ConsAll of upper management are family,dating or close friends.So you have no one to talk to when a issue arise without it being a conflict of interest. They do not promote off of job capabilities, everything is based on personal feelings. No paid holidays,vacation or sick time.Medical benefits are really expensive,and they only give raise every two years.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about taking away the medical benefits and giving raises or bonuses. Listen and pay more attention to the needs of your employees. Work on having a diverse management team where all employees feel comfortable coming to them.Learn to communicate more and effectively with employees.

Run away as fast as you can immediately.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe building is in a nice area of town and they are a parking garage so guarantee parking.

ConsEverything they will tell you is a lie. They will hook you with empty promises. One get 1 day of paid vacation for every year you worked. They will pay new people more than you to do the same job.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit screwing people over.

Worked for Legal Access Plans? Contribute to the Community!