Legal Sea Foods

www.legalseafoods.com

Legal Sea Foods Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014
Legal Sea Foods – Boston – “View from the parking lot of the Legal Sea Foods…”

Legal Sea Foods – Boston – “View from the parking lot of the Legal Sea Foods…”

Legal Sea Foods President and CEO Roger S. Berkowitz

Roger S. Berkowitz

Pros
  • The company also has a good benefits package compared to all other restaurant companies (in 4 reviews)

• Summer always busy so potential for tips is high (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is very minimal however it is a reputable company with a lot to offer to its employees (in 3 reviews)

• Long hours and not a good work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Place to work, quick cash

Prosquick bucks, good management but Director of Operation is someone who doesnt deserve his position

ConsIf youre looking for a management opportunity working your way up, dont WORK at the stores under Tom Clancy; He will use you and expose you like garbage.

Advice to Senior ManagementI like working with my managers. I can understand where they're coming from. One advice though, please give people a chance.

Can only speak for Pru location

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAs a former hostess it was nice to have flexible hours and an hourly pay. This particular location used to get celebrities every few months which was cool.

ConsAt the time, I didn't get a long with all of the management team, but that happens at any job. Having to work an unscheduled double shift is the worst.

Great Management, good training and staff

Waiter (Former Employee) Huntington, NY

ProsThe management staff were always on my side, and rarely too harsh or strict. Good checks and balances between the different managers and corporate workers. The corporate staff kept a good eye on the management staff. Training program was effective and educational.

ConsOver-staffed at times, perfect for people who are looking to work only on the weekends and maybe one or two shifts during the week but more difficult for those who wanted to work full time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the good workers around. Too many good managers and workers quit to take better offers elsewhere. Pay them more or lessen the workload.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Marketing and Sales Intern (Former Employee) South Boston, MA

ProsFree hot lunch every day for one hour built into your schedule, friendly coworkers and collaborative atmosphere, fun location in south boston on the water

ConsCan be a tough commute by public transportation depending where you're coming from

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up! your commitment to quality in everything that you do is evident.

It was a fun job to have especially in the summer; the location I worked at was located inside of the mall.

Server (Former Employee) Paramus, NJ

ProsFun work environment, great menu and wine training, opportunities to advance

ConsManagement doesn't seem to know what they're doing; high turn over, guests can be hard to please.

They offer great training and a above cleaning program

Certified Trainer (Former Employee) Paramus, NJ

ProsFree meals. Working with the freshest seafood that is on the market.

ConsAs a manager you need to constantly maintain labor cost that are no obtainable. The guest suffers due to the fact that you need to cut cost all around. Long hours and not a good work/life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on putting together a better plan for BOH labor.

Good place to work, for a short while.

ProsThe education I recieved there was great. I now know more than I ever thought I would know about wine, beer, spirits and of course fish. Quality food a majority of the time.

ConsManagers and coworkers often live and breathe LSF, which is fine and all, but can be a little intense at times.

Great growth potential, but to a point

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey will take you in at entry level and give you the opportunity to work your way up the corporate ladder. They are also more flexible, time wise, than a lot of other offices. The company also has a good benefits package compared to all other restaurant companies.

ConsThat potential for growth does have a limit. It is not a place where you can spend 10+ years without that growth hitting a plateau. Business priorities change quickly as well.

Great Benefits, but Slow Moving Forward

ProsLegal Sea Foods has an amazing training program for their new associates and further training and education for all associates at every level. Whether the focus is wine, culinary, or management training, Legals encourages all associates to participate.

ConsLegal Sea Foods is very slow to promote good candidates internally. If you are interested in moving forward within the restaurants or to corporate be prepared to be your only advocate and to fight to move forward,

Great job to have for nights and weekends, or extra money. Would recommend if you are young and want extra money

Bartender, Server (Current Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsGood money, always busy, able to pick up week nights or weekends in able to make a little extra money.

ConsVery corporate. One little mistake can get you the boot. You are expected to work at least one weekend day or night and holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand what the servers are taking on and be more helpful and positive.

Worked for Legal Sea Foods? Contribute to the Community!