Legal Sea Foods

www.legalseafoods.com

Legal Sea Foods Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014
Legal Sea Foods – Boston – “View from the parking lot of the Legal Sea Foods…”

Legal Sea Foods President and CEO Roger S. Berkowitz

Roger S. Berkowitz

Pros
  • The company also has a good benefits package compared to all other restaurant companies(in 4 reviews)

• Summer always busy so potential for tips is high(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is very minimal however it is a reputable company with a lot to offer to its employees(in 3 reviews)

• Long hours and not a good work/life balance(in 4 reviews)

Great Management, good training and staff

Waiter (Former Employee) Huntington, NY

ProsThe management staff were always on my side, and rarely too harsh or strict. Good checks and balances between the different managers and corporate workers. The corporate staff kept a good eye on the management staff. Training program was effective and educational.

ConsOver-staffed at times, perfect for people who are looking to work only on the weekends and maybe one or two shifts during the week but more difficult for those who wanted to work full time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the good workers around. Too many good managers and workers quit to take better offers elsewhere. Pay them more or lessen the workload.

Great place to work

Marketing and Sales Intern (Former Employee) South Boston, MA

ProsFree hot lunch every day for one hour built into your schedule, friendly coworkers and collaborative atmosphere, fun location in south boston on the water

ConsCan be a tough commute by public transportation depending where you're coming from

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up! your commitment to quality in everything that you do is evident.

They offer great training and a above cleaning program

Certified Trainer (Former Employee) Paramus, NJ

ProsFree meals. Working with the freshest seafood that is on the market.

ConsAs a manager you need to constantly maintain labor cost that are no obtainable. The guest suffers due to the fact that you need to cut cost all around. Long hours and not a good work/life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on putting together a better plan for BOH labor.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was a fun job to have especially in the summer; the location I worked at was located inside of the mall.

Server (Former Employee) Paramus, NJ

ProsFun work environment, great menu and wine training, opportunities to advance

ConsManagement doesn't seem to know what they're doing; high turn over, guests can be hard to please.

Good place to work, for a short while.

ProsThe education I recieved there was great. I now know more than I ever thought I would know about wine, beer, spirits and of course fish. Quality food a majority of the time.

ConsManagers and coworkers often live and breathe LSF, which is fine and all, but can be a little intense at times.

Great job to have for nights and weekends, or extra money. Would recommend if you are young and want extra money

Bartender, Server (Current Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsGood money, always busy, able to pick up week nights or weekends in able to make a little extra money.

ConsVery corporate. One little mistake can get you the boot. You are expected to work at least one weekend day or night and holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand what the servers are taking on and be more helpful and positive.

Great growth potential, but to a point

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey will take you in at entry level and give you the opportunity to work your way up the corporate ladder. They are also more flexible, time wise, than a lot of other offices. The company also has a good benefits package compared to all other restaurant companies.

ConsThat potential for growth does have a limit. It is not a place where you can spend 10+ years without that growth hitting a plateau. Business priorities change quickly as well.

Great Benefits, but Slow Moving Forward

ProsLegal Sea Foods has an amazing training program for their new associates and further training and education for all associates at every level. Whether the focus is wine, culinary, or management training, Legals encourages all associates to participate.

ConsLegal Sea Foods is very slow to promote good candidates internally. If you are interested in moving forward within the restaurants or to corporate be prepared to be your only advocate and to fight to move forward,

Not a good company to work for

Server (Former Employee) Framingham, MA

ProsYou can make decent money, that's about it.

ConsPoor management, awful company, they are never closed, they do not care about their employees AT ALL. We had to work Thanksgiving and Christmas waiting on horrible people for only $2.63 per hour, no holiday pay or bonus. Guests complain to get free food and the server is always blamed, servers and bartenders get written up and fired all the time then the company fights unemployment. They are ruthless and greedy.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet managers who treat the staff fairly. All people need to be treated fairly, not just the ones you have a crush on or are sleeping with. Stop condoing bad guest behavior. Guests are allowed to abuse and berate the staff, even the managers or we would all be fired. That's the company policy. And the guests know it. They complain to get free food or lower prices and they complain about the service when it was good service, then they fire people and take away their livlihood, they don't care if you become homeless or can't support your family, even though you did a great job for them. Horrible people, I wish they would go out of business. Their food is so over priced.

Good but needs improvement

Waitress (Current Employee) Paramus, NJ

ProsNice wait staff, delicious food, friendly and family oriented environment

ConsNeeds update on furniture, waiting time for food is too long, prices are too high

Advice to Senior ManagementGood Job!

Worked for Legal Sea Foods? Contribute to the Community!