Legal Shield

Updated November 3, 2014
Updated November 3, 2014
4.0

CEO

It is great opportunity on management business time with facilities to promote various tools information connection offi

Current Employee - Independent Associate in Hiram, GA
    Current Employee - Independent Associate in Hiram, GA

I have been working at Legal Shield full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People need their services

Cons

find the customers convince them to purchase the product, stand a strong team

tie the people great ideal management

Misleading and downsizing

Former Employee - Executive D in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Executive D in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Legal Shield full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Unlimited income and flexible income

Cons

they don't explain chargebacks in initial interview and they dont pay out on the residuals as promised

Be more honest with your sales force

Pyramid scheme/multi-level marketing

Former Employee - Associate in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Associate in Miami, FL

I worked at Legal Shield part-time (less than an year)

Pros

At least Legal Shield offers a service that is somewhat useful, as opposed to creams and soaps and potions. But that's just to hide behind the reality that this is a pyramid scheme.

Cons

This is a pyramid scheme. Many may object to that classification, but that's exactly what multi-level marketing is. You do the work of getting ppl to sign up for a monthly service, and the vast majority of the commission goes to others higher up the chain than you. All the rah-rah cheerleading is to mask the fact that this is a pyramid scheme.

My hope is that anybody who gets approached or responds to a job ad can see this and be better informed so as to avoid wasting time.

Very rewarding personally but not necessarily financially.

Current Employee - Independent Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Independent Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Legal Shield as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

Self-employed with a huge focus on personal development

Cons

Too many customers cancel service to make it beneficial from a financial point of view.

provide more services people use regularly within the service plan.

This company gave my family our freedom back.

Current Employee - Independent Associate - Bronze Executive Director
    Current Employee - Independent Associate - Bronze Executive Director

I have been working at Legal Shield part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There is unlimited income potential here, and gives the average person an opportunity to build true passive, residual income. I have many friends here that have earned six figures from home by simply selling the membership as an employee benefit to companies. Or, you can leverage your time by building a network and build your business like a broker in real estate. My family has averaged at least $50k+ per year by focusing on the team building side, with the majority of it coming from overrides because we pour our heart into our team. This has replaced my husband's full time job and we are on our way to doubling that income.

On the social side, we really feel like family here. We have a vested interest in our team's success, and we all support and help each other in our businesses. There's great personal growth here, and if others treat this opportunity like a business school, they they'll get paid while they learn.

Cons

I let my brand new team members know it's quite a steep learning curve at the beginning. Even if someone has a marketing background, it's important to be coachable and learn the proper way to market this service. Many people become overcome with fear of rejection and quit, and are not willing to commit through the process. This can be discouraging to the sponsor, but with proper expectations you realize that we are not looking for everybody, we are seeking the people who have a burning desire, are willing to work, and are coachable.

Continue to do the great job you're doing. We appreciate that you take the time to fly to our local areas and invest time in the field. You learn our names and our stories, you learn what we need as support from corporate, and you don't simply lead from the penthouse suite.

For Those Who Are Willing to Work for True Financial Freedom!

Current Employee - Platinum World Executive Director in Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - Platinum World Executive Director in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at Legal Shield full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I bought the service initially to get my last will and testament, my living will, and durable power of attorney done complimentary just for trying the Legal Service Plan. I was told, "No contract, no time commitment, just try the service and we will give you a complimentary will package." I did not join LegalShield to start a business. But six weeks after I bought the membership, a jeweler ruined a ring of mine and wouldn't do anything about it! One phone call from my LegalShield Attorney at Parker Stanbury in CA and I got a check for $2,152.32......and I never paid more than my monthly membership fee (now less than $20 per month!) How in the world could I NOT tell others? In my 18+ years as a "member," I have gotten back or saved in excess of $167,000 from our membership service with the attorney's. I have never been "in trouble with the law" and I've never been a criminal! I've had law firms write letters or make phone calls on numerous issues. As a matter of fact, I've gotten back or saved in excess of $30,000 just by having attorneys there to "watch my back." On something as simple as a $25 Homeowner Association issue, to dry cleaners issues, being mistreated by others, being overcharged, etc. I could write a book (and probably will) about all the pros of LegalShield's service! The business opportunity can be a very rewarding experience for people who are willing to "work." The only place I've ever seen "success" before "work" is in the dictionary. But for people who are willing to put forth effort the rewards are exceptional. It changed my entire financial future, in such a way that Fox Business News even wanted me to share some thoughts. (LarrySmithOnFox.com) Today we have "coached" others who have changed THEIR financial futures! That is so rewarding!

Cons

As it relates to the business opportunity, this is not a "con" it's a reality. Anything that is going to reward you in life requires effort! The only thing "free" in life is the Grace of God. Everything else has a price. If you want to earn a little bit of money, do a little bit of work here and you'll earn a little bit of money. Want a FREE BMW, find out about how you can help only 5 people a month get a membership and in 12 months you can be driving a BMW at LegalShield's expense. However, if you want to change your financial future, that opportunity definitely exists at LegalShield! But it does require effort! Don't let anybody tell you it's "easy." It is "simple" but you still have to do the work! But the rewards are so worth it!!

We are owned by MidOcean Partners (midoceanpartners.com) Go to their website and look at their portfolio of companies. So many of them are "household names" today. That's what will happen with LegalShield. When you look at the "Management Team" on their website, go to management affiliates. Look up Frank Sowinski's bio. He is the former President of Dun and Bradstreet, and he is on LegalShield's Board! This company spent a small fortune investigating our company and after doing so, spent $651 Million to buy us. There is nothing about this company's history that they are not aware of. So if they are willing to spend $651 Million with such high caliber professionals, they obviously did so for a reason. Would you like to be a part of that future?

Good place to work...could be great with a few improvements.

I have been working at Legal Shield full-time

Pros

Decent benefits and management. It's like any other company...you get out of it what you're willing to put into it. If you're committed and driven, with a "do whatever it takes" mentality, you can go far. Saying "That's not my job." doesn't ever go over well, and certainly doesn't in this company. Beautiful campus, facilities, there's even an on-site fitness facility, cafeteria, and doctors office.

Cons

Benefits have declined since I began working for the company (but we're told by HR that this is common across all businesses, so maybe it's not so bad). Communication between leadership and all employees could be better. Most departments work in cubicles, and even though most of the time the public doesn't come into our offices, the dress code is a bit stiff (you can't wear jeans except on Fridays). Prepare yourself for a Dilbert style job - complete with some pretty silly company policies.

Supervisors and managers should open up and share more information more freely. HR should relax the dress code a bit.

Having time freedom.

Current Employee - Independent Associate in Galena, OH
    Current Employee - Independent Associate in Galena, OH

I have been working at Legal Shield (more than 5 years)

Pros

Being able to help people with our great service!

Cons

There is just not enough time in the day to reach all the people I would like to reach to tell them about LegalShield.

Our product helps business owners, families, and companies with a quality service for a low monthly members fee.

Current Employee - Recruiter/Director/Field Trainer in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Recruiter/Director/Field Trainer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Legal Shield part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I love interacting with all types of individuals'. I love making a difference by helping my family and friends with our services .I like helping business owners have a plan b in this company.
    I like the fact it is no pressure sales. No micromanagement. I have always been a leader or manager in sales. I enjoy being a mentor to many sales reps. I like the fact I work from home around my son's school hours.

Cons

There are no lead systems, we develop our own leads from warm referrals, cold calling, and networking . It is commission only.

Need to develop more hands on training, physical in the field training for the new reps on a regular basis. It is definitely a learning curve.

Tremendous income opportunity for the right person.

Current Employee - Independent Associate in Severn, MD
    Current Employee - Independent Associate in Severn, MD

I have been working at Legal Shield part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Unlimited income, autonomy,solid services and company support.

Cons

Probably do not give realistic expectations for success.

Need more standardized training on services.