LegalForce RAPC Worldwide
www.legalforcelaw.com Mountain View, CA 50 to 149 Employees

LegalForce RAPC Worldwide Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Raj V. Abhyanker

Efforts are recognized and rewarded!

Business Analyst (Former Employee)
    Bangalore (India)

ProsI worked in the Bangalore office of LegalForce as a Business Analyst from December 2010 to August 2013. My growth, knowledge and experience gained here is tremendous. Your hard work is recognized and rewarded by the management.

My reporting manger Clifford based out of the US office, Jolly Mathew - Global Operations Manager and Abhishek Sharma - Managing Partner(India) have been approachable and supportive at all times. They are open to feedback and hear out to their employees. There is work life balance while working here. The management encourages their employees to take up leadership and make best use of the opportunities available.

ConsThere was less team activity previously.

Awesome Innovative place to work

Mountain View, CA

ProsFirst, this is one of the most innovative law firms in the world. The CEO will try anything and I mean anything to make the legal profession better. Some of his ideas are wacky unprofitable and get shut down. Some of his ideas are wacky and crazy profitable. Wile I have great things to say about the vision of the CEO. Nothing would happen without the awesome people there. We have some really good people who are really good at what they do. The firm really has a family/start up feel to it yes it is a law firm but it feels like a tech start up.

I will include the international teams in the Pros section, the India, EU and China teams. Trademarks, patents must be prosecuted internationally and you need international people to make that work. Having a presence in 4 of the top 5 economies in the world allows us to better service the clients.

ConsWell... the other reviews are correct the pay sucks, no benefits, none zero the big nothing, if you get sick just pray because you will be paying out of pocket to go to a doctors office.
    However, that has more to do with the job market for attorneys/legal assistants with less than 5 years experience than the culture of the company. They will give some one with a newly minted law license a chance. No one else will. However, for people with 3+ years of experience they do pay quite well. In conclusion, yea you have to pay your dues for a few years, but work hard for 3 years or so and you will be rewarded.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice if you had a clear promotion, pay increase strategy for the employees. The policy is pay your dues and you will be rewarded it would nice if you actually articulated that.

Would a $100.00 HMO per employee really break the bank? Or better yet just offer health insurance and contribute nothing. Employees can say they have health insurance and it costs you nothing. I think people complaining about pay are really talking about lack of benefits.

Awesome staff

Attorney (Former Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

ProsDespite all of the previous bad reviews, I actually had a fun time working here. LF has a great work environment with friendly and supportive staff members. You could ask questions to any staff at anytime. Everyone has been extremely helpful and supportive. I love working with clients, so I've always had a great time chatting and consulting with clients as well. They also appreciate the personal attention.

The staff also have a few foosball matches once in a while at the office to have fun. Most go out for lunch together on a daily basis and organize happy hour at least once a month.

ConsIf salary is your number one concern, then this is not the work place for you. If you want to obtain a lot of IP experience quickly and have the freedom to explore all types of IP, then this place is for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to pay more attention to the support staff in Tempe and Mountain View, and provide continuous training. These are the frontline staff that come in contact with the clients everyday, and as far as most clients are concerned, they are the image for LF.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

GREAT people, great experience

Legal Assistant (Former Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

ProsThe people at this firm are exceptional in both their work quality and the firm camaraderie. Everyone is always willing to help and very supportive within the firm.
    Also, there are many opportunities for people with a wide range of legal experience to work on different types of issues. The firm handles trademark and patent filings as well as trademark and patent litigation, which requires attorneys and legal assistants. So, there is great experience to be had for anyone ranging from a seasoned litigator to a legal assistant.

ConsThe workload is heavy, for all departments, at this firm. But, again, the people at the firm are very helpful and the workload is fairly distributed. Also, keep in mind, a heavy workload affords you more opportunities to prove and illustrate your contribution to the firm.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore trademark filing attorneys or more legal assistants to help facilitate client-attorney communication.

Good Place to Work

Business Analyst Trainee (Current Employee)

ProsGood bonding within teams
    on job training is good
    offers good work life balance and easy no great formalities for taking day off
    more emphasis is given on getting the work done than work timings.

ConsNo connection between designation (job title) and job profile. designation is Business analyst but work profile is that of a research analyst.

Patent Attorney who worked at this firm

Patent Attorney (Former Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

ProsGreat co-workers. The pedigree of co-workers was great as well. I got to work with some very highly qualified people from great schools. We had some good clients with interesting patent and litigation work. The senior associates were fantastic and I learned a lot from them. The patent/litigation part of the firm was decent. The trademark/trademarkia.com part was atrocious.

ConsReally bad management. Firm was run really badly - financially and from a human resources perspective. Bad salary and benefits. The lead partner is a good patent attorney but a horrible business person. Not all lawyers can be good at law and business, I suppose. Although the firm had a decent patent/litigation business, trademarkia.com really screwed things up big time.

Advice to Senior ManagementDrop India team and anything to do with India. Clean up your act. Get someone else to manage the firm. Focus on clients and doing a good job. Provide better salary and benefits to retain talent. Stop filing silly trademarks. Focus on patents.

Good starting point

Client Relations/Trademark Attorney (Former Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsEveryone is friendly and works hard. Everyone is willing to share information, teach and help out with any problems. The business is growing.

ConsThere is a lack of organization and the work is very high volume. At time it felt like the business was coming before the clients. There is not much in the way of perks.

I second the other one to two star reviews.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAt least it was a job.

ConsI second the comments about no training, or more accurately 'inadequate' training. Management included a person who would periodically devolve into a screamy petty tyrant. These episodes could be tough to ride out while waiting for him to reenter a regulated state. He had a incredibly high opinion of himself as some type of visionary genius (he was more of a 'cut and paste' other people's ideas with cheaper and abused Indian labor type of guy) and didn't take opposing views well. However, beyond this one senior individual, many of my colleagues were good people and I enjoyed working with them. I also liked being in the Mountain View/ Palo Alto area. However, given the opportunity to go back into the past and talk to the younger me, I would tell myself to, under no circumstances, work at this company. The pay and benefits are atrocious as well.

Worst place to work in this entire universe

Patent Engineer (Former Employee)
    Bangalore (India)

ProsThere is nothing good about this company.

ConsThere are many. The company has no scope of growth. There are different kind of rules for different employees. Some of the employees are given permission to work from home for as long as three weeks and the rest are just asked to leave the company if asked for a leave or WFH. The people in the management team are least concerned about the employees. There are just 4 or 5 people working in the Bangalore office and still there is a haphazard management. There is no HR and the people concerned don't even know the day of your joining. It is like the employees running the office. The company doesn't even have enough money to buy the basic necessities required in the office, forget about giving you any salary hike, and when its the time for salary hike, they either fire you or tell that your work is not good. There are no perks at all. All the money infact goes into the pockets of the people in the management team.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe partner of the Bangalore office hardly comes to the office and still might be getting petrol allowances every month in the name of attending a meeting with a client. In 3-4 months, once did we get to see his face. In order to avoid the Bangalore traffic, he always works from home, is the statement made by him. I have seen the CEO's and other people in higher positions everyday coming to the office, despite of them staying at the other corner of Bangalore. The people in the management in the Bangalore office are the worst kind of human beings I have ever seen. Though its been many years this company has been established, still it has not reached its desired goal and will never reach because it has no capacity of growth. For the hiring purpose they have kept such kind of people who don't even have the knowledge themselves of the specific field. I never understood their concept of hiring people with no good technical language or skills just because they are ready to work at lower payscale. Seriously, this is the worst company on this earth, infact the whole universe and I am glad that I left it because working there is nothing but just a waste of time.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

STAY FAR AWAY

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are none. The place is doomed to fail.

ConsJust read all of the other reviews and you'll get a picture of what kind of person Raj Abhyanker is. Egotistical, irresponsible, man-child, delusional, UNETHICAL, are just a few ways you can describe Raj. This man puts on a good show and will con you into believing how he's always on the cutting edge of law and close to "revolutionizing" the business. However, whenever his business ventures fail, he will find a way to blame it on his employees - either by implementing ridiculous new policies or firing people. There used to be a running joke in the office about how he would hire groups of people every three months only to fire them all a few months later. Sadly, it's more reality than a joke. The "inactive employees" list is THREE times as long as the active list. What does that tell you? Do you really believe that every single person that has left or been terminated has been incompetent as Raj would have you believe? Just look at what the common denominator is here. Even worse, Raj doesn't have the courage to fire employees face to face. He always does it through email or have his "Operations Manager" do it for him. The man is a coward and of extremely low moral character.

There are literally no positives to this place. The pay is low, the benefits are laughable, the pay is never on time (which is illegal by the way), and worst of all you have to put up with a raving lunatic as your boss. One of the reviews nailed it on the head - Raj's whole scheme is to continually hire inexperienced people so they will work for cheap and not question the way he does things. Then once they start complaining, it's time to ax them and move on to the next group of victims. The actual work product makes no difference to Raj. It's all about the cheap labor - like the team he uses in India to file his trademarks. Please do yourself a favor and look somewhere else for employment. It is not worth your sanity or dignity for a few months of employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery company has a weak link. It just turns out the CEO is the weak link here. Raj will be the end of his own firm. Make sure you're not on the ship when it goes down.

Worked for LegalForce RAPC Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LegalForce RAPC Worldwide reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LegalForce RAPC Worldwide CEO Raj V. Abhyanker. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by LegalForce RAPC Worldwide employees.