LegalMatch

3.2

Laurie Ziffrin

Friendly Environment and Great Opportunity

I have been working at LegalMatch

Pros

The office has a very friendly and comfortable feel. All the employees are nice and supportive of one another. I’ve had the ability to transition into another job in the nine months I’ve been working here, which has been a tremendous opportunity for me. Management is very supportive and takes the time to get to know the employees and find out how they can help them in their careers. Overall I’ve had a great experience at LegalMatch.

Cons

The only con I could think of would be the location. It would be nice if there were a few lunch spots around or a Starbucks, but we’re limited to the downstairs café and a little restaurant across the street.

I can’t think of any advice I would give to management, I’ve had a great experience with them and think they’re doing a great job.

Good place to work for what it is.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LegalMatch part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Overall, the people here are nice. Regular ping pong tournaments and the annual Thanksgiving potluck help create an amiable atmosphere. Unlike some tech companies, LegalMatch understands the need to have a life outside of work, so management does not expect you to be checking your work email 24/7 when you are out of the office. I have been able to gain some hands-on training and new skills that I would not have been able to get in a similar position at a different company.

Cons

The office location is not great. The office is not close to most public transportation, nor is it close to amenities such as fast food/quick service restaurants or retail stores. Employees do not take sick days when they really should (no one wants to catch the flu from someone who really should be in bed).

Splurge on some better coffee, since we cannot easily do a lunch break run to Starbucks.

Amazing opportunity!

Current Employee - Membership Recruiting Manager in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Membership Recruiting Manager in Reno, NV

I have been working at LegalMatch

Pros

Generous salary and commission opportunity
    Friendly work environment
    You get out of it what you put into it
    Benifits available after 90 days
    Flexibility in my schedule
    Rewarding experience (getting to help people)

Cons

My biggest challenge personally is learning to re-train my brain so I don't sound like a chipper salesperson on the phone.

Great Flexibility and Work-Life Balanced Environment

Current Employee - Legal Content Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Legal Content Developer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LegalMatch part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work here as a part-time Legal Content Developer and Writer. The schedule is very flexible and work-life balance is great. The senior management team has always been very helpful, encouraging, and provide a professional atmosphere. As a writer, I love researching, writing, and editing articles especially on legal topics and issues. This company provides that for me and not only does it provide me with a flexible schedule- they allow me to contribute my skills and knowledge in helping their company grow and be known in the legal community.

The compensation depends how much time and effort you want to contribute. Have always been paid on time through direct deposit. Vacations and holiday pay is always given. Very laid back, but at the same time very challenging and professional work-environment. They encourage creativity.

Cons

Not much- The role I am in will only be beneficial for someone who likes being creative with their writing with not much instruction. If you want to do well, you must be a independent worker who can work on your own without having someone guide you in every step.

Very professional and helpful senior management team.

Only because I couldn't give it 0 stars

Current Employee - Membership Recruiting Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Membership Recruiting Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at LegalMatch full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free coffee, snacks, some friendly people. Good parking. Good cafe. Flexible schedule, helps u take care of personal issues.

Cons

Unethical behavior, management gets drunk in the middle of the day. Management does not take care of their people.

Learn how to actually train people instead of feed them to the wolves.

Worked here during law school for free and it was worthless for my resume

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at LegalMatch as an intern

Pros

Weekly basketball games - unless you go against your boss who whines like a little girl after fouling you all the time, trying to exert his authority over you in front of the rest of the company.

Cons

No pay or little pay.
    All the power given to the top people who work lower people to the bone.
    Stupid company - can't believe they are still in business.
    Lame firm culture.

Great work environment and ability to earn a living

Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at LegalMatch full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Management and people to work with are great. More laid back then most sales organizations so you can be more relaxed and creative. Just like everything you have to work hard and get out what you put into it. An opportunity for individuals in any stage of their sales career.

Cons

If you are use to hand holding or someone constantly monitoring you to stay motivated this is not for you. Ability to relearn the sales process to more consultant selling may be challenging to some.

Challenging and rewarding work, albeit "not for everyone."

Current Employee - Anonymous in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Reno, NV

I have been working at LegalMatch full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Outstanding people within a supportive and vibrant culture focused on doing (believe it or not) only good business. Employees can do extremely well here, but not if they expect success to simply fall into their laps. Like anything else, there is no substitute for hard work and dedication. The business model itself is brilliant, and it's always gratifying to find an exceptional attorney, arm him/her with the knowledge it takes to flourish within our network, and then watch as he/she goes on to help so many people in the course of growing his/her business with us.

Cons

Absurdly disproportionate "bad press" online, and truly because our thousands of satisfied member attorneys almost never blog about their successes (much like our employees seldom do). So it goes with virtually all companies these days, but it's still frustrating whenever you KNOW you've found an attorney who's a perfect fit for our program and then he/she reads something purely negative online that spoils an otherwise mutually beneficial business relationship.

Work on our online reputation. Maintain the company's renewed focus on positive reinforcements and motivation, and particularly with our most dedicated, talented, and loyal personnel. This company is reasonably "successful," but with the right people in place we can take a serious quantum leap.

Great place to work - lots of ongoing training and support.

Former Employee - Membership Recruiting Manager in Henderson, NV
    Former Employee - Membership Recruiting Manager in Henderson, NV

I worked at LegalMatch full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great money. Flexible hours. Managers rock!

Cons

Presentation is 100% on the phone - no visuals.

Stay who you are :)

A good place to work if you a motivated sales professional

Current Employee - Senior Recruiting Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiting Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at LegalMatch full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Bottom line: Do your job, work hard, and make money. It really is that simple. Just like anything in life, bring a positive presence to your daily duties. Dealing with attorneys all day can be challenging, so LM is certainly not for everyone. I work in a senior level position and have been with the company for a long time. There is a reason for that. Personally, I deal in a cohesive yet flexible work environment with truly quality co-workers and leadership. If you produce, and like any professional scenario where production is the real distinction, you have flexibility and financial opportunities that are better than most sales jobs. I have experience in sales and know what my counterparts (friends and neighbors) deal with daily. This can be a great option for the right person who is internally motivated.

Cons

The benefits are not very good, specifically health insurance, especially if you have a family. There aren't many perks.

Things are constantly changing, and I wish that management would work faster when it comes to our compensation packages. They are open to change, and usually comply in time, however.