LegalMatch

Be The First To
Add Photos

Laurie Ziffrin

WARNING: Completely Quota-Driven

"Membership Manager" (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsGood lunches, direct supervisors are awesome folks.

ConsWhen they fire you for not selling your quota to a difficult crowd (the born skeptics of this world are a hard sell), don't let the door hit you on the way out. Demoralizing meetings lead by senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management: Actually treat your sales staff as if they are human beings and stop being so obviously money-focused. You use great people up and then toss them out!

Terrible Experience - Run Away if Thinking of Working Here

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsI cannot think of one thing that is a pro. This company was ok to work for at first but many people that were there long term have run for the hills.

ConsTerrible compensation. They work you into the ground. They treat their employees like they are replaceable.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have to do something to turn staff morale around unless you just want a revolving door. Things have to change or you'll lose all the good ones to employees who just want to collect a paycheck and sit in their chair like a slug every day. Work on retention it will trickle down and be good karma for you.

What a Joke

(Current Employee)
    Las Vegas, NV

ProsGreat people, who unfortunately don't stay long. The product/service is awesome, and it is a brilliant idea, but the fact is they are a terrible company when it comes to HR matters, and the environment is like a morgue.

ConsUpper management is not good, and they play favoritism constantly. It is just a rat race to the finish.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet in to the 20th century, and treat your employees fairly. There is a good ole boy system in place, and it is drawn by the VP of sales. It is sad to see that this still has an affect on women here.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible place to work!

Membership Recruitment Manager (Former Employee)
    Las Vegas, NV

ProsPaychecks were always ready on time.

ConsThe decision makers do NOT care about employees or clients, just the money - no ethics

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out how to appreciate your employees and stop behaving as if you are doing them a favor by hiring them and stop lying/bs them. You have a good product but need to learn how to provide the services that you train/tell your employees you provide.

A nightmare - you were warned! Do your research on the company. You are replaceable to them.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAbsolutely nothing!!!! They claim to pay a salary and dock you for anytime you miss.

ConsThe bonus structure is geared towards paying the directors and upper management. The MRM's work hard so all the upper management can sit around doing nothing for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to cheat everyone that includes your employees and the attorneys.

If you go to bed with dogs you wake-up with fleas

Membership Manager (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsThey steal money from scum of the Earth, i.e. lawyers.

ConsThese people are worse than the scum of the Earth. Training is awful, pay is insulting, and work environment is filthy. Best way to describe this business GRODY! Who wants to see their manager's unkempt nasty feet in flip-flops day after day? Or their "VP" in shorty shorts giving you a pep-talk on selling (doubt either could sell their way out of a paper bag). This business is a sham and the leadership is a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's alright if you're cut throat and a first rate company that pays a wage above poverty level, provides benefits, and it has a decent work environment but you do not. You're not motivational or inspiring and you should do Legalmatch justice and fire yourselves.

Good Service, Bad PR

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)

ProsManagement wants you to succeed and the culture is enjoyable. The cubicles are nice sized and they do not micro-manage.

ConsThe PR is bad because less than pro-active attorneys bad mouth the company (I.E. online reviews) if they don't work the program and want out. It is hard enough to sell as it is and when you have attorney's ready to go forward and sign up and then they go online to review company, many just go away forever.

DON'T work here.

Membership Recruitment Manager (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsFlexible hours, decent middle management.

ConsWhere do I start.....

When I interviewed I was told the turnover here is NOT high. They lied to me my first day. I was there about a year, and this is a relatively small company. Just my location in Austin saw several people terminated - I'm talking 25+ - some for carrying a gun to work, some for scandals, most for not meeting their outrageous sales quotas --- some people never make a sale and never get fired at all. Nothing there was outlined in writing.

OH, and charge backs. If you make "sales", the company will eventually, without a doubt, tell you a couple of months later that the attorney you sold to has canceled their account, therefore forcing you to repay your bonus you have already earned. They NEVER show you proof of this occuring, no paperwork is available for you to see, nothing signed by an attorney. NONE of this in is your control, seeing as you are not permitted to speak with an attorney after signing them up. It is devastating and immoral for the employee, and when this happens, we are told "No big deal, go get 'em next time!" Okay.

We were shamed if we took a lunch longer than about 20 minutes, and praised if we stayed late at the office, until 9 PM at night. We were told to work on call lists from home on Sunday afternoons....and while at the office, to make at least 50 calls per day to attorneys who we could either never reach, or would yell at us and hang up on us.

There are countless negative things on the web about LegalMatch, and I have to say, 95% are probably true. When you put in your two weeks notice, you are escorted out of the building by management, no matter how good of an employee you were -- it's quite embarrassing.

The only good thing that came out of this position, other than a high tolerance for being yelled at all the time by angry lawyers, were the cool people I met, who were either fired or moved on to do other (better) things.

Good luck!

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees more...relying on a bonus as a majority of your salary is terrible when you have to work as hard as you do to get 1 person to sign up. Be organized and have standards for the morale of the office.

Great group of people to work with.

Membership Recruitment Manager (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsGreat group of peers, flexible work schedule.

ConsHigh turnover; NO commission paid on monthly sales less than $20,000.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in employees dedicated to the company.

Great place to work

ProsA very good work environment.

ConsA little hard to get to from the city if you are not driving.

Worked for LegalMatch? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LegalMatch reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LegalMatch CEO Laurie Ziffrin. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by LegalMatch employees.