LegalZoom.com
www.legalzoom.com Glendale, CA 500 to 999 Employees

LegalZoom.com Reviews

Updated Apr 1, 2014

John Suh

Pros:
  • "Free beverages in break room, bagels provided on Fridays, nice office building"
    in 6 reviews
  • "The company provides a lot of free food and other perks for employees like t-shirts"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "stressful environment, poor management, no room for growth"
    in 5 reviews
  • "No career opportunity, micromanagement, inexperienced managers, low pay, unnecessary stress, only about the numbers, and poorly treated employees"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Leading edge company in the legal services industry

I have been working at LegalZoom.com full-time for more than 3 years

ProsA challenging environment keeps you on your toes to do your best. Motivated managers and execs seek to achieve top performance marks from their customers and employees. Good working environment with a professional approach to HR. A work hard/play hard mindset.

ConsUpward mobility limited in certain career tracks. Communication within the organization is often on a need to know basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough still a private company, share more of the company direction, activities and objectives with middle management

Will miss working for LegalZoom

Technical Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at LegalZoom.com full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLegalZoom has always been a place for growth and opportunity and I cannot express enough how grateful as a LZ employee on what an amazing journey I was given here. I’ve been given multiple opportunities that not many people come across especially with any other company. So a special thank you to LZ. I can't say enough about the culture and the great people who work at LZ ranging from all departments.

ConsI wish they were able to bring back the matching 401K.

Monotonous work, a lot of brown nosing

Sales Specialist (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at LegalZoom.com full-time for less than a year

ProsOffice gym, nice building, no stress or take home work, cafe, nice events though occasional

ConsCall center to the max, mandatory overtime and you are required to work one weekend shift a month no matter what, they don't care about your name just your numbers which I assume is normal in a call center, huge company full of office politics

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember peoples names

Good Brand, Horrible Management

Associate Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at LegalZoom.com full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBagels on Friday. Yeah thats it

ConsPolitics. Smart People in charge but dont know how to run a company. CEO has god complex and he is only good at speaking. He talks a good game but that's it.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace yourselves? Tell Permira to replace you all.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

The Sweatshop for legal docs....don't come here.

Document Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at LegalZoom.com full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSOME of the people are nice to work with, free soda, bagel fridays

ConsLZ does not care for you personally, we have annual company meetings with the ceo and higher ups and all they do is talk about how well we are doing but as far as addressing any concerns that workers have...they don't. They will "answer" any question by talking around it for about 10 mins. The culture here is do your work and no one cares about you, just lining their pockets with change. The only people they treat well are the upper management people. And they do not promote on merit its all based on who you know and you do not ANY type of people skills to manager so therefore the managers treat you like crap.

Decent job, but not a place to have a career.

Customer Care (Current Employee)

I have been working at LegalZoom.com full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCasual dress code, new building, friendly co-workers.

ConsFor the most part management is poor and there are people in these positions that should have never been promoted. Stressful work environment and some of the leadership tend to be vindictive toward the employees they don't like. It's all about personality rather than objective and by the numbers. Definitely not a lot of room for growth. Also, if you're hoping for reasonable pay and reasonable pay increases, this is not the company for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut quite simply, upper management needs to grow up and stop looking out for themselves. Stop disregarding the hard-working employees that keep the company going every day.

An average experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at LegalZoom.com full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAn attractive office. Typical corporate work environment. (A lot of recent college grads and casual dress code though).

ConsHeavy workload, overly long and awkward scripts, repetitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome practices are insulting, like requiring electronic verification of arrival/departure time. If those didn't exist some people would probably feel more like a professional thus act like one.

Not horrible

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at LegalZoom.com full-time for less than a year

ProsGood work space, quality materials (computer, etc), fun work team... If you have a good manager and are committed to the job, you can do well.

ConsBad management, not a great work environment... It's a call center that does inbound and outbound sales, don't let them sell you anything different

PM

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at LegalZoom.com

ProsFree drinks, free food sometimes

Consmanagement, management, management. smh

Stressful environment run by venture capital.

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at LegalZoom.com full-time for less than a year

ProsThe casual dress code is standard in austin but the gym and new building are a plus. free coffee

Conslow pay, inexperienced management, the free soda machines were removed, shady business practices, high turnover, over complicated sales techniques, low morale, racist hiring practices, cubicle farm

Advice to Senior ManagementThe lack of quality in your staff is a direct result of the low pay you offer but it's okay since you will just sell your company shares to the next venture capital firm.

Worked for LegalZoom.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LegalZoom.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LegalZoom.com CEO John Suh. All 67 reviews posted anonymously by LegalZoom.com employees.