Legalsource

Updated Apr 1, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

K Atty

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Legalsource as a contractor

Prosgood teachers of relativity. easy going.

Conspay rate is really low

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest finding higher rates for your contract attorneys.

A good place to start

Document Reviewer (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Legalsource as a contractor for less than a year

ProsThe staff/middle managers do a good job of trying to keep the work environment clean, safe, and positive. They also try to foster a "let's work hard and get it done" attitude which makes you feel like you're working as a team towards a set goal.... sort of.

Whatever they're doing must be working, because they consistently have projects.

ConsThe pay is generally low.

You're at the bottom of the food chain.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your top producers/reviewers. Some of your employees simply work A LOT more diligently and efficiently than others. They are therefore more productive, and should be compensated as such.

The people that are crawling along, fiddling with their music player, sending texts, staring into space, etc... sure, I get paying them less. The people that are diligently on task should definitely be get paid better. If they don't get paid better, they will leave!

I was a Contract Attorney for 3 years.

Contract Attorney (Former Employee)

I worked at Legalsource as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsShort time from submitting your documents to starting a project. Helps you get your foot in the door.

ConsConsistently had the lowest rates when multiple agencies were given a project. Often misrepresented the length of a project.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe market is saturated. A little more transparency would still leave you with plenty of new applicants.

Contract Attorney - Good for those new to document review

Washington, DC

I have been working at Legalsource

ProsIf you are a contract attorney looking for document review work but lack any prior experience, this is an excellent place to start. They will get you on a job and once you work with them once, they are pretty good about placing you on additional projects. In addition, the staff at the office are very nice and helpful and really want to find you work.

ConsWhile the company is great for those new to document review, it is also known for being on the low-side as far as compensation goes. So, once you get a few projects under your belt, you can seek out projects at other firms as well. That being said, I have worked on projects through LegalSource that paid fairly well.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall, management does a good job of getting the attorneys they have on staff work. I have had no issues as far as that is concerned. My only complaint would be that some of the projects pay below market rates.

Legalsource: A good place to temp but don't get stuck there.

Contract Attorney (Former Employee)

I worked at Legalsource

ProsFlexible hours in many cases, overtime if you need it. Likelihood of long-term employment and short downtime between projects. Owner is gruff but direct and makes himself clear, which is actually very important.

ConsIt's a temp agency for lawyers, and workers are temps. The risk of quick termination of projects can hang over your head for months. It's not a job that looks good on a resume. Oh and the work is usually very very boring.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey could manage expectations of their clients a little more proactively -- some expect the world in 40 hours a week. A few "how to handle temps" rules might smooth out projects, reduce turnover, and create happier people and better results.

Worked for Legalsource? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Legalsource reviews and ratings. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Legalsource employees.