Lego Group

www.lego.com

Lego Group Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Jørgen Vig Knudstorp

Pros
  • Great benefits and company events equate to great company to work for people with families(in 5 reviews)

• The people there are fun and people are really encourage to be good colleagues(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • High demand, long hours, and although the benefits are good, the salary itself may not be(in 3 reviews)

• and being 'on call' for a part time retail job(in 3 reviews)

Healthy and positive

Brick Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsThe ability to interact with kids and families every day.

Great communication between associates and upper management

ConsNone that I can think of, it's a great company and each store feels like a family. It days go by fast.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing, it's working!

LEGO is a fun place to work and there are great people there.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLEGO takes care of its employees, and empowers each member of the organization. Fun office, friendly people, and a terrific brand

ConsThe office is in the middle of rural connecticut, so it is tough to work there as a young person.

Senior Marketing Manager

Senior Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Enfield, CT

ProsAmazing company, very able leadership, strong vision for the future.

ConsMainly location, it takes getting used to being in rural CT

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to make great work and plan for the long term.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company - respectful to employees - family oriented

ProsWildly successful toy company which creates a positive, fun place to work. LEGO is still a family owned business with family values as its core culture. My group is well paid as compared to the same position at other companies. Work performance expectations are high but fair and reasonable. I have a lot of respect for this company.

ConsOver the years, I have made suggestions to management to improve efficiency which on a few occasions were implemented by our department of 100 people but I never received credit or acknowledgement from my manager or her manager. I suspect this has happened to others in my department. Also, when something negative occurs within the dept such as a change in policy that will be unpopular, be honest about it rather than trying to sugar coat it. It's insulting to our intelligence and makes things worse. Simply explain the business reason behind the decision rather than making it out to be something positive when it clearly is not. It's a business after all and most of us are mature enough to handle the truth.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen someone steps forward with a good idea and then that idea is implemented later, (no matter how small the suggestion) acknowledge it to their co-workers and management. When negative changes occur to the work schedule be honest about why it's happening. In other words, be more transparent.

A company that truely appreciates employees...

Finance Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFamily owned company that truly appreciates employees and the customer experience.
    Great benefits and company events equate to great company to work for people with families.
    Work/life balance is very good.

ConsSome roles require frequent travel.

Great Part Time Job

Brick Specialist (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsYearly Bonuses, Free Lego Sets each year, Regular Store out / Get Togethers, Great Discount

ConsRidiculously Strict for a toy store, Mystery Shops, standards set way too high, Repetitive store greeting, Management is is a little lost and clueless sometimes

Advice to Senior ManagementI've been working part time for this company for over a year now, and I enjoy it immensely. The Management is great and it's an overall very fun place to work! It's Legos!! However, the job is extremely repetitive. If that is not something you can't deal with on a daily basis, this job is definitely not for you.

Great company, mediocre salary.

Brick Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsGreat company, wonderful atmosphere, good peers.

ConsAn over emphasis on a certain brand identity and sometimes overly stringent regulations.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease, listen to your people on the ground, they see this company in a way you never will.

Work

ProsGood management, flexible schedule, fun helping kids and customers. Can get a bit hectic during the holidays and summer. Overall good experience.

ConsAt first stocking can be a pain but making a list or trying to memorize small sections helps. There are some crazy customers that demand a lot or just try to resell.

Bittersweet experience

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Enfield, CT

ProsGreat company; financially stable, and strong. Wonderful benefits to employees. Fantastic co workers. Beautiful facility.

ConsThe salary for a CSR is extremely poor and frankly hard to live on. Being in customer service, it is very clear that you are at "the bottom of the barrel." Extremely strict, but not well thought out, attendance policy.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize potential in the employees that you already have before looking externally. Additionally, inter-department communication needs to improve in order for the company to stay strong.

Fun and stressful

ProsFun people, great vibes, discounts, treatment by company, happiness.

ConsMystery shops, hard to earn raise, some bad customers, scheduling, holiday craziness.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaises for those who deserve it

Worked for Lego Group? Contribute to the Community!