Lego Group

www.lego.com

Lego Group Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Jørgen Vig Knudstorp

Pros
  • Great benefits and company events equate to great company to work for people with families(in 5 reviews)

• The people there are fun and people are really encourage to be good colleagues(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • High demand, long hours, and although the benefits are good, the salary itself may not be(in 3 reviews)

• and being 'on call' for a part time retail job(in 3 reviews)

Producer

Producer (Current Employee) Louisville, CO

ProsCompany values the creative efforts of the employees. Company values a great balance of work, personal goals, company priorities, and education.

ConsSometimes you work may be hard to transition out of.

Great coworkers, questionable management staff

Brick Specialist (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThe product is universally known and widely loved; meet lots of interesting guests; coworkers tend to be great people to work with

ConsCorporate management is out of touch; store management is inconsistent and focused on metrics; guests can be extremely difficult, particularly with the massive expansion of foreign guests.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize your people are people and the job is stressful without the pay most stressful jobs get and align expectations accordingly...

Great Company. Very supportive and positive.

Supervisor (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsExceptional team- work is fun every day
    Great benefits (employee exclusive LEGO Set and additional Holiday gifts and bonuses
    Wonderful corporate culture

ConsGeneral shortcomings associated with Retail:
    Stressful atmosphere during busy times
    Occasional trouble guest
    Sometimes there are communication gaps
    Hours vary throughout the year

Advice to Senior ManagementRelease schedules earlier. I'm sure this is a decision made by each store manager. Our schedule would come out on Thursday for the upcoming Monday.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Associate

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsIt's a fun place to work and most people are really interested in either the products or kids in general. It's one of the few ways to get a good discount on Legos if you love them. They hold to high standards of service and work environment, ideally you're just as happy at your job as the customers are visiting the store.

ConsThere can be some pressure at times (not as bad as most places though!), and you probably won't be able to get access to any type of truly fun job (to make a career of like being a builder, etc) from working in a retail store.

Sales associate at Lego retail store

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsCan be fun, some parents are good people

ConsTypical retail store, some parents are bad people

Holistic & "family company"

Concept Artist (Former Employee) Louisville, CO

ProsVery passionate about the employees; Made a real effort to improve company environment.

ConsUnfortunately our stint with becoming part of the LEGO Group was cut short. The decision was rather sudden and dissatisfying.

Great Company to work for

Part Time Floor Leader (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, atmosphere, and people

ConsBrand Retail is still new, so there are growing pains.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within, and take into account the staff that works during the week for evaluations

A strong brand with kind, hard working employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEmployees have a high ethical standard. There is a strong sense of community and an intense loyalty for the LEGO brand and the mission of the company.

ConsDanish cultural norms pervade the global corporate culture. There are pros to this but it can hinder the ability for localization efforts (of the product and corporate culture) and can be frustrating at times for non-Danish residents.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Great People, Great job

ProsYou get to sell Lego, play with Lego, be around Lego

ConsJust like any retail job, you stand for long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing It's great.

Best company I've ever worked for!

Account Planning (Current Employee) Enfield, CT

ProsLEGO understands that happy employees are productive employees. They offer incredible benefits.

ConsHonestly there are no cons to working at LEGO.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways take into consideration the advice of employees.

Worked for Lego Group? Contribute to the Community!